Arknights

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Entirely possible. Texas and Grani are my usual vanguard line-up, but I did begin work on Courier today, maybe I need to start using him over one of the other two, or drop someone for him.

Grani is basically an upgraded Plume/Vigna. They're like a quickie with a Tinder girl - great to drop in for some quick DP and then pull out (they get full refunds on recall). Zima and Texas are the types of Vanguards you can leave in for a bit and use as blockers for the "easy" parts of a stage, before transitioning to actual defenders or guards.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

giphy.gif

Goddamn! I want Eyja and Ifrit so badly. I'd dig a Lappland as well. Already have Silence and Mayer is mostly a meme unit. I'll probably rip at least a 10 pull.

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
I have Eyja and Mayer but I need everyone else. Mayer helped me early on before I had a lot of good units and had a better idea of what I was doing, but I don't use him at all anymore.
I mostly want Silence to replace Gavial. I have Ptilopsis though, who has been really good.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
My best aoe is gelato? Gilanto? Whatever, could use an upgrade!

AoE casters are few and far between. Gitano and Lava will carry you far. Skyfire is awesome and probably the upgrade you're after. Ifrit is technically in the same "role", but her range works a lot differently and requires specific positioning.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, anything locked behind "rare" drop rate sucks balls to obtain. Average of 52.6 sanity per - only the integrated devices have a higher sanity cost.

It's funny that everybody is most looking forward to the guaranteed RMA 70-12 from the event - people could give a fuck less about the skin, lol.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Shoulda just waited until today because I got a ton for free!!

Got all the mats for E2 SAshe, but need $$. This shiz is expensive. I've almost got the mats to E2 Eyja as well but it'll be a while to farm the cash for these guys. CE-5 is also giving me a ton of hassle - I think all my units cost too much and my low cost units are too under leveled.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
I can't do ce5 yet, they walk through my tank line. E2d my silverdaddy though and he wrecks

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm working on CE-5 right now as well. Not sure if I need to get a 3rd 50 e1 vanguard , a 3rd fast deploy dps, or a 3rd e1 guard. Each choice is an expensive detour if I'm wrong.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The good news about being unable to complete CE-5 is that it's only about 10% more sanity efficient than CE-4. It's still important, but a lot less important that being able to do LS-5.

Here's the team I beat it with about a month ago (now that things are higher level and I have better units, I need to fix my auto-deploy to make it faster)...

1 Sniper (I used Meteor because I can't stand Kroos' KO KO DAYO spam every 5 seconds. But, Kroos would work just fine if she's all that you have).
1 Full Refund Vanguard (Plume, Vigna, Grani - I used Vigna in my original run because Grani wasn't a thing yet. I need to update the run with Grani).
1 AoE caster for the back-line of THICC boiz (I used 12F for this. Mostly because he's the only other AOE caster besides Lava that I had. Others would probably work fine, but CP might be an issue).
2 healers and Lancet-2 (never underestimate Lancet-2. Fucking awesome unit that ignore deployment limits).
2 ST Casters (I used Amiya and Orchid for this. Orchid is technically a slower/supporter, but she was the only other arts damage dealer I had at the time. Did I mention I need to update the run?).
1 THICC guard (I used Melantha because she's cheap, all I had for "tanky" guards, and she's a relatively low cost. Any survival style guard should work fine here though - Spectre, Skadi, etc.).
1 defender (Cuora because duh)
1 CP generating vanguard (I used Zima, but Courier, Texas, etc. would work fine).
1 AoE caster for dealing with late-round frontline

If you bros need help with positioning and such still, let me know and I'll go over my strat/auto-deploy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The good news about being unable to complete CE-5 is that it's only about 10% more sanity efficient than CE-4. It's still important, but a lot less important that being able to do LS-5.

Here's the team I beat it with about a month ago (now that things are higher level and I have better units, I need to fix my auto-deploy to make it faster)...

1 Sniper (I used Meteor because I can't stand Kroos' KO KO DAYO spam every 5 seconds. But, Kroos would work just fine if she's all that you have).
1 Full Refund Vanguard (Plume, Vigna, Grani - I used Vigna in my original run because Grani wasn't a thing yet. I need to update the run with Grani).
1 AoE caster for the back-line of THICC boiz (I used 12F for this. Mostly because he's the only other AOE caster besides Lava that I had. Others would probably work fine, but CP might be an issue).
2 healers and Lancet-2 (never underestimate Lancet-2. Fucking awesome unit that ignore deployment limits).
2 ST Casters (I used Amiya and Orchid for this. Orchid is technically a slower/supporter, but she was the only other arts damage dealer I had at the time. Did I mention I need to update the run?).
1 THICC guard (I used Melantha because she's cheap, all I had for "tanky" guards, and she's a relatively low cost. Any survival style guard should work fine here though - Spectre, Skadi, etc.).
1 defender (Cuora because duh)
1 CP generating vanguard (I used Zima, but Courier, Texas, etc. would work fine).
1 AoE caster for dealing with late-round frontline

If you bros need help with positioning and such still, let me know and I'll go over my strat/auto-deploy.
Sounds like I need to stop going for 3+* in recruitment until I get Lancet's potential up? I've been just doing 9 hour recruitment times because it's easy to run out of recruitment vouchers.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like I need to stop going for 3+* in recruitment until I get Lancet's potential up? I've been just doing 9 hour recruitment times because it's easy to run out of recruitment vouchers.

Nah, don't worry about that. Lancet-2 and Castle are both very rare to get unless you happen to get the "Robot" tag. If you start going with 3 hours and 50 min recruitment times, you're just going to end up with a bunch of 3*.

Chris

Potato del Grande
The sub reddit for this is pure aids.

Any other gatcha game your have at least some posts about the actual game and discussion of up coming banners based on Asian servers being ahead.

Yet this one is just people reposting the art and being creepy about the waifus.

The guy on YouTube Tectone who covers the game is really informative and entertaining though.

I'm confused why every Arknights YouTube video has Arknight ads though. Like... I already got the game that's why I'm there.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The sub reddit for this is pure aids.

Any other gatcha game your have at least some posts about the actual game and discussion of up coming banners based on Asian servers being ahead.

Yet this one is just people reposting the art and being creepy about the waifus.

The guy on YouTube Tectone who covers the game is really informative and entertaining though.

I'm confused why every Arknights YouTube video has Arknight ads though. Like... I already got the game that's why I'm there.

Yeah, the reddit for this is trash. The only thing I ever use it for is friend codes.

Tectone makes decent YouTube content, but his Twitch is fucking cancer. Dude is letting the success go to his head.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Ha, I noticed this too. I've been watching Tectone, Eckogen and KyoStinV