Armored Core VI Fires of Rubicon (FromSoftware)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I like the tank treads for arena since you can beat them all just by circle strafing, but I've been sticking with the heavy version because the 'wheelchair' ones can't carry the weight of gatlings/songbirds. Plus I still eat a fair bit of damage and the tanky tank treads have massive AP.

Pile bunker frustrates me. Sometimes the charge attack works great and deals an ungodly amount of damage, other times I charge it and come up short by a couple meters and do no damage at all.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Maybe for whiny cunts like yourself. For AC fans that’s fantastic.

Which is who? The reddit has 60k subs, the elden ring one 1.3 million?

Stop being so salty and see the game for what it is.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Which is who? The reddit has 60k subs, the elden ring one 1.3 million?

Stop being so salty and see the game for what it is.
Stop comparing the game to elden ring. It was never trying to be a game of that level/scope/standard and anyone thinking it was just because it’s the same studio is a moron. This game is a great iteration of the series. This is the 16th game in this series and people have stated what type of game this is in this thread many times before release.

I very much see the game for what it is and even knew what it would be before I bought it. I’m very happy with my purchase and am stoked the NG+ has new stuff and is not just a harder version of the base playthrough.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Stop comparing the game to elden ring. It was never trying to be a game of that level/scope/standard and anyone thinking it was just because it’s the same studio is a moron. This game is a great iteration of the series. This is the 16th game in this series and people have stated what type of game this is in this thread many times before release.

I very much see the game for what it is and even knew what it would be before I bought it. I’m very happy with my purchase and am stoked the NG+ has new stuff and is not just a harder version of the base playthrough.

Its the same price from the same studio, of course it gets compared.

It is not up to par when compared, and even disregarding that it is a 7/10 game.

I am happy you enjoy it, but with minimal effort it could have been so much more.

• 1Picard
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I really wish the loot box, loghunt, and other stuff that unlocks instead of just being purchased were better. The Nebula is the only one I've considered using and even that is strictly inferior to the plain old plasma rifle unless you use charged shots all the time. Those don't seem worth it to me, damage isn't increased enough for the silly amount of time it takes to charge, plus you overheat so much faster.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
This boss is some bullshit, gonna try it again later but no idea how to dodge some of those massive damaging combos. Maybe try an actual shield build.

Brute force FTW, why avoid when you have a fuck ton of AP.

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

It is not up to par when compared, and even disregarding that it is a 7/10 game.

I am happy you enjoy it, but with minimal effort it could have been so much more.
Ah yes it would take minimal effort for a studio to make a game with the same scope as elden ring while the studio is creating said game concurrently alongside elden ring. All while knowing the fan base of AC series is much smaller than the souls/ER fan base. That’s some big brain shit right there.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Hmm there is zero chance I'll have BG3 beat before Starfield comes out and it's SF or this next AFTER I beat BG3. Looks like another game I can wait for a sale on.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Arnold Schwarzenegger Movie GIF

• 2Like

Skeezer

Molten Core Raider
Yep. I am directly comparing Madden vs PGA tour golf. Same studio. Same price.

• 2Like

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've seen about one comment, any further opinions about playing M:KB vs xbox controller? Did tutorial with mouse, just not sure which moving box my controller is in so debating if the hunt is even worth it.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
And the other games were great games to pick up for 15 dollars in a bin at Gamestop. Maybe the best games to pick out of a bin at Gamestop.

They were not great 60 dollar games.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Haven’t played a mech game since Mech Warrior 3 so I was hesitant to pick this up. Fucking awesome. Keep getting rekked at the Dam level though.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
15 hours, roll credits, got the evil? ending..not sure. Starting NG+ immediately because this game is an absolute blast to play.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Lol Balteus can eat a dick. Just got to him and my build is not suitable! Had to take a break to feed baby but will return!