Armored Core VI Fires of Rubicon (FromSoftware)

Staberinde

Trakanon Raider
Just finished game almost exclusively in a full tanky setup dual wielding starter shotguns as primary weaps with quick switching to various dual shotguns on the back to pretty much bypass reload. Stagger and DPS is huge, pretty much nothing reliably dodges the bullets at close range and the burst damage on staggered targets is insane. Killed every S tier arena oppenent in 20-30 seconds and felt about the same for the hardest mission ACs also. I played using Mouse and KB, Not sure if shotguns were balanced for gamepads as I felt being able to track targets buzzing around me like humming birds would have been much harder without mouselook.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Tracking targets on gamepad isn't bad imo. First thing you need to do is turn the camera speed all the way up to 10 though, anything less is just about unplayable and I'd go even higher if I could. About the only thing you really can't do on gamepad is free aim, but I don't really see any use for that anyway. There's no way I'd be able to lead targets that move so erratically even if I was using a mouse.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just finished game almost exclusively in a full tanky setup dual wielding starter shotguns as primary weaps with quick switching to various dual shotguns on the back to pretty much bypass reload. Stagger and DPS is huge, pretty much nothing reliably dodges the bullets at close range and the burst damage on staggered targets is insane. Killed every S tier arena oppenent in 20-30 seconds and felt about the same for the hardest mission ACs also. I played using Mouse and KB, Not sure if shotguns were balanced for gamepads as I felt being able to track targets buzzing around me like humming birds would have been much harder without mouselook.
Default M:KB controls where it still auto locks, or using the core upgrade to allow manual aim? You had to middle mouse hold I thought which seemed very clunky to use. A lot of the core things I kinda didnt want to fuck w/ a lot of extra key combo's to remember.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Lol watching Asmongold PVP on twitch for like 10 minutes. He literally ONLY uses the tank tread setup and did for most of the campaign as well.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Lol watching Asmongold PVP on twitch for like 10 minutes. He literally ONLY uses the tank tread setup and did for most of the campaign as well.
Man the main fun of this game for me is trying out all the shit. Sure save builds you like and go back to them if needed, but doing one build the entire game…autism.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
You'll max out OS stuff by the middle or just past it of NG+.

Cool, can’t wait to see everything this game has to offer . Got a bunch of builds I want to fine tune. Got a really strong fast mover right now with insane recovery so the dagger blade recovers in about 2 seconds flat with excellent tracking. Have shotgun in other hand, shoulders are 10 round missile silo to keep the pressure up and cluster bazooka on the other.

Nothing lasts if I can get in. 9800 AP is the only down side but regular jumping dodges almost everything and I am learning I can use the dagger attack in emergencies to evade because the recovery time is near instant vs the other blades.

There has to be more unlocks to increase my dodge boost even higher I refuse to believe 20k is top unlock that fits this build.

Moar!

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
GET FUCKED BALTEUS

Excited Ric Flair GIF

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
3v1 boss fight in NG+ was a good one! I'm trying to use some different options for songbirds but nothing seems to compare. Anyone else enjoying some fun/useful shoulder weapons? Currently using double shotguns with double songbirds but it's getting stale.

Vorph

Stun needlers, laser shotguns, 6 shot plasma missiles (and the basic bitch 5 shot vertical one is always good too), plasma cannon (high ammo one).

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
3v1 boss fight in NG+ was a good one! I'm trying to use some different options for songbirds but nothing seems to compare. Anyone else enjoying some fun/useful shoulder weapons? Currently using double shotguns with double songbirds but it's getting stale.

Detonating Bazooka 44-141 JVLN ALPHA Are extremely satisfying to land and similar play style.

Messed with energy weapon build with the new almost maxed out energy weapon damage EN I got and they just feel bad, can’t really explain it beyond I don’t like weapons draining my energy. I will try a mostly energy full efficiency build tonight and see how that goes.

• 1Like

Vorph

Messed with energy weapon build with the new almost maxed out energy weapon damage EN I got and they just feel bad, can’t really explain it beyond I don’t like weapons draining my energy. I will try a mostly energy full efficiency build tonight and see how that goes.
Is there any single shot/missile/whatever, big damage, non-energy back weapon that can reliably track and hit dodgefag enemies? Plasma missiles destroy them, so I rarely bring anything else.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is there any single shot/missile/whatever, big damage, non-energy back weapon that can reliably track and hit dodgefag enemies? Plasma missiles destroy them, so I rarely bring anything else.
I’m still mid game so haven’t seen a lot of options yet, but I’ve been doing a combo for back weapons. I use the plasma missiles then launch explosive right after. The plasma stuff hits them due to their wide spread and kind of slows them/prevents a dodge then the 8 round vertical explosives come crashing down. Has worked well for me on quick enemies. I use two 8 rounds when doing stuff that doesn’t have fast enemies.

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
Definitely recommend pushing through to NG++, almost all new missions you can play from the other side. You even get there too late to stop enemies from the objective, so you get to play the boss coming in to mop up!

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Definitely recommend pushing through to NG++, almost all new missions you can play from the other side. You even get there too late to stop enemies from the objective, so you get to play the boss coming in to mop up!
Flamers kill those fucking rolling wheels.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Whose idea was it to make the first boss stupid hard? Same thing Wo Long did, where nothing after said first boss is remotely as hard for a while.

Trying to get a friend into AC6 and the first boss is just obliterating him. He wanted to get into the shop and buying parts and all that metagaming ASAP, so running into this roadblock before it is making him want to turn the game off for a while.

I went and replayed the stage to do it again myself and give pointers. Super weird that you can't take your current weapons into a mission and default back to whatever you had at the time, but I guess it puts me on even footing where I can't use my bazooka and tell him how easy the fight is.

I think the lamest thing about the fight is the way the boss can go out of bounds and they made the boundary area way too small. Had multiple instance where I couldn't melee the boss during the tiny stagger window because it was just out of bounds.

The whole fight is bullshit and especially bullshit to put up front and scare off potential players. I'll never get this design philosophy. Elden Ring had the good sense to have the super-tough intro bosses (first one, and Tree Sentinel) be loseable and avoidable.

Back in my game I've got generator and booster upgrades and now going for leg upgrades since weight is clearly gonna be an issue real soon. I wish there were more options (no treads yet) but it's cruising along.

• 1Like