Arrested Development

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Arrested Development

Genre: Comedy

First aired: 2003-11-02

Creator: Mitchell Hurwitz

Cast: Jason Bateman, Portia de Rossi, Will Arnett, Michael Cera, Alia Shawkat, Tony Hale, David Cross, Jessica Walter, Jeffrey Tambor, Ron Howard, Henry Winkler

Overview: The story of a wealthy family that lost everything, and the one son who had no choice but to keep them all together.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 139567[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Arrested Development[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2003-11-02[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]The story of a wealthy family that lost everything, and the one son who had no choice but to keep them all together.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

?Arrested Development? Pauses Production As Netflix Episodic Order Grows

Good news for Arrested Development fans. The new season of the cult Mitch Hurwitz comedy commissioned by Netflix will be larger than originally planned. I?ve learned that, during production on the 10 new episodes ordered by Netflix, Hurwitz shot more material than planned and also came up with ideas for additional scenes and storylines. Hurwitz, producing studio 20th Century Fox TV and Imagine TV approached Netflix, which agreed to expand the order to what I hear will be 12-15 episodes.
This Netflix distribution thing is certainly proving interesting to watch. On network television, they've be watching ratings very closely before they ordered more episodes. It sounds like the Netflix method is allowing Hurwitz to have more freedom than he would've had if he got picked back up by a major network, which is certainly a good thing.

spronk

FPS noob
wasn't this going to be released in big chucks by netflix too, like 8 episodes or the entire series at once? Since so many netflix subbies marathon a series nowadays. Whats the release date, may pick up a netflix sub just to watch/support this.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Previously, they were saying the entire series would release at once. It's unlikely the increased episode count will change that. I still think that's a strange approach for a subscription based service to take, but hopefully it works out for them.

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
So glad this show is making a comeback! I was a little dissapointed with the ending of the last season, keep the laughes comming!

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Season 3 was still great but once they knew they were getting cancelled a lot what made the show really clever went away and they just took shots at Bush and Fox. It was still really funny, just not as good. Really excited to see what Mitch comes up with after all this time.

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
biggrin.png

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't get the grape juice, what am I forgetting?
I couldn't remember it either so I googled it...

Lucille has invented numerous fibs in an effort to consume more alcohol, all of which she has passed on to Lindsay.
  • Lindsay says that Vodka goes bad when it's opened.
  • Maeby later says "Would it kill her to let some Vodka go bad?", to which George Michael replies "Oh no, Vodka doesn't..."
  • Lindsay says that wine only turns into alcohol if you let it sit.
  • Lindsay appears to think that grape juice might turn into wine if you take the top off it and let it sit.

But that poster has Buster's hook in the box of grape juice so I have no idea. Maybe it's some meta joke

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Buster's juice addiction is highlighted multiple times throughout the series. Both of you fail at fandom.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Wasn't the grape juice what buster was drinking when he got drunk off the 'sugar high' or whatever at the party? So the 'get hooked' thing works on 2 levels.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Wasn't the grape juice what buster was drinking when he got drunk off the 'sugar high' or whatever at the party? So the 'get hooked' thing works on 2 levels.
No, it was corn starch with red die for fake blood when they were trying to frame whoever. I don't remember the exact plot. Or maybe I'm thinking of a different episode than you are.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database