Arrow

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
heh, so nearing the end of S1 and they are really pounding home the hints at other Superheros. "I'm need to catch the redeye to central city, I'll be back in a flash." Or how everyone goes to Coast City (Green Latern, if I'm not mistaken?). I'd love to see Flash on TV done with the same quality...But man, I hope they don't bring him in too much. In the comics he doesn't make sense already--he moves at a speed that would cause massive time dilation relative to everyone else, so if I'm not mistaken he should be able to move and do things even faster than the other people can perceive them--but in a show like this? Even if they curtail his powers to just being akin to being as quick as say, a fighter jet or the reaction times of something like Spider Man, he'd still require a villain so far beyond Green Arrow's capabilities that it would make Green Arrow look like a chump. And if they start calling in Flash for every super-bad, it's going to make the normal bad guys feel like filler.

Anyway, just a long way of saying I agree with everyone here.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Really enjoying this show and I really like the more reasonable Det Lance.

Not sure what to think about the Black Canary's electronic voice but thats minor, but holy crap did they throw alot of names around in that episode. And Slade's face was on fire, wonder if he lost an eye?

Only downside of the episode was a decrease in tight dresses.
Speaking of Det. Lance, seeing him up his game in the show makes me misty eyed for the short lived Dresden Files.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
heh, so nearing the end of S1 and they are really pounding home the hints at other Superheros. "I'm need to catch the redeye to central city, I'll be back in a flash." Or how everyone goes to Coast City (Green Latern, if I'm not mistaken?). I'd love to see Flash on TV done with the same quality...But man, I hope they don't bring him in too much. In the comics he doesn't make sense already--he moves at a speed that would cause massive time dilation relative to everyone else, so if I'm not mistaken he should be able to move and do things even faster than the other people can perceive them--but in a show like this? Even if they curtail his powers to just being akin to being as quick as say, a fighter jet or the reaction times of something like Spider Man, he'd still require a villain so far beyond Green Arrow's capabilities that it would make Green Arrow look like a chump. And if they start calling in Flash for every super-bad, it's going to make the normal bad guys feel like filler.

Anyway, just a long way of saying I agree with everyone here.
The plan is to bring in Flash for a short story arc and then have him branch out into a spin off show next season. I imagine they'll bring him in to help Arrow deal with some sort of super powered villain towards the end of the season, and then Flash will go off to Central City and leave Starling City to Arrow. That way Arrow can continue dealing with his street level thugs while Flash can deal with more powerful foes in his area, while keeping the two stories and characters generally separate.

Flash is definitely coming to Arrow, though. I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but if you listen to the background of the first or second episode there is a very conspicuous news broadcast mention S.T.A.R Labs' new particle accelerator coming online.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i know nothing about the flash other than that cheesy 90s tv series and that animated movie with the alternate reality. what is he like? just a regular dude but super fast? and this helps him solve crimes?

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
He's basically DC's version of Spider-man, depending on the author he can be a pussy or the strongest hero in the universe.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
oh, so which flash should we wish for? god or pussy?
Pussy, that's when he's interesting. When he's essentially got Spiderman level reflexes (Think movie spider man--sometimes writers go nuts with Spider man too) and can only move about as fast a bullet. He's still very powerful, but can be beaten.

God mode he canthink(So it's not just movement, he processes things ultra fast too) and move at the speed of light (And beyond, supposedly, since there are instances where he gets places faster), so he can do things before people even realize he is doing them. His healing also takes place at super speed--in some cases he heals faster than Wolverine. He also has superhuman durability to withstand friction, he can vibrate through solid objects and use the combo of super durability and vibration to turn his hands into weapons that could cut through superman level beings. He can be the most bullshit character if the writer wants, because his power is so open ended.

(This scene is after Braniac-Luther just whipped the rest of the Leagues, combined, ass.)

Just vibrates people out of existence, yup.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
He's basically DC's version of Spider-man, depending on the author he can be a pussy or the strongest hero in the universe.
Bah I think flash is much more nuanced than that. Also with all the Flash's who knows which power set. Probably Jay Garrick and for mostly Barry's Flash run he was a pretty boring guy who was married.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Dollmaker was an interesting choice of Villains. Created for the New52 and so a very very recent addition to the DC Universe. His lawyer is named after the creator of the character Tony Daniel.

Black Canary's 'sidekick' is Sin who in the comics was being groomed to be the next Lady Shiva master League of Shadows badass but whom Dinah saved. Obviously going a different route with this and making her more of a Roy equivalent here.

Ras al Ghul everyone should know of by now, but interesting that they make a reference to him so soon. I suppose they did that to add some weight to the League of Shadows among non comic readers.

The boat being called Amazo plus them looking for 'something' on the island is maybe leading up to some actual metahumanity in the near future. We know that Flash isnt just going to be a marathon runner afterall.

Also of note was that the van the Dollmaker used was from Metamorpho chemical. Sets up a nice way to introduce Metamorpho into the mix perhaps through more super science.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Dollmaker was an interesting choice of Villains. Created for the New52 and so a very very recent addition to the DC Universe. His lawyer is named after the creator of the character Tony Daniel.

Black Canary's 'sidekick' is Sin who in the comics was being groomed to be the next Lady Shiva master League of Shadows badass but whom Dinah saved. Obviously going a different route with this and making her more of a Roy equivalent here.

Ras al Ghul everyone should know of by now, but interesting that they make a reference to him so soon. I suppose they did that to add some weight to the League of Shadows among non comic readers.

The boat being called Amazo plus them looking for 'something' on the island is maybe leading up to some actual metahumanity in the near future. We know that Flash isnt just going to be a marathon runner afterall.

Also of note was that the van the Dollmaker used was from Metamorpho chemical. Sets up a nice way to introduce Metamorpho into the mix perhaps through more super science.
Always had a soft spot for Metamorpho.

I'm still waiting for a Dan Didio or Joe Queseda villian.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well yeah Flash wont be a Marathon Runner, he started off as a football player obviously!

hFzPEUJ.jpg

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Now and always was if you're to believe the timeline! Of course thanks to the overpowered bullshit Speedforce he can travel freely through universes though.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Most of the DC universe is silly overpowered though, I think that's why I was always more of a Marvel fan when it came to comics. Even Batman, a normal human, is crazy OP.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Really enjoying this show and I really like the more reasonable Det Lance.

Not sure what to think about the Black Canary's electronic voice but thats minor, but holy crap did they throw alot of names around in that episode. And Slade's face was on fire, wonder if he lost an eye?

Only downside of the episode was a decrease in tight dresses.
Slade's head/face were not on fire. Just his hands.

Joe_sl

shitlord
Yea I think his hands were only on fire. I think maybe he'll be captured for a bit and come back later as the true Deathstroke.

Whats up with the League of Shadow guy. They are suppose to be super bad ass ninjas and then this guy dies like an idiot to Canary

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Most of the DC universe is silly overpowered though, I think that's why I was always more of a Marvel fan when it came to comics. Even Batman, a normal human, is crazy OP.
For all intents and purposes, Ironman is essentially the Marvel equivalent to Batman, which is hilarious because Ironman is a fucking BITCH. He's basically useless in every major story arc.