Arrow

Caliane

well... since she was part of the JSA and so was her MOM. Yeah, she kindof did.
Shes a legacy character trained from childhood...

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I really don't care about the whole Batman rip off stuff. I still enjoy the show, the only bad writing I think is with Laurel and I can force myself to ignore her for the time being.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I really don't care about the whole Batman rip off stuff. I still enjoy the show, the only bad writing I think is with Laurel and I can force myself to ignore her for the time being.
DC has taken Batman's personality and gave to Green Arrow, deleted the word "Green" from his name, and made him like Batman, but taken his Super Preparedness away. Sometimes this show feels like what Batman would be, if he was an archer and lived in Starling City.

Caliane

to be fair, he always was communist Batman, whose ward is a junkie! instead of beaten to death with a crowbar.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Possible silver lining here....
Talia and Laurel have some kind of bonding thing. Laurel decides that if she's going to continue her sister's legacy she needs to learn to fight and since Wildcat is dead/gone/whatever she goes to train with Talia and the league and we're Laurel free for the rest of the season.

Also in the boat of being glad that Felicity finally got the D she needed to set her straight. Don't care if it came from Palmer, Ollie, or a donkey...

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Possible silver lining here....
Talia and Laurel have some kind of bonding thing. Laurel decides that if she's going to continue her sister's legacy she needs to learn to fight and since Wildcat is dead/gone/whatever she goes to train with Talia and the league and we're Laurel free for the rest of the season.

Also in the boat of being glad that Felicity finally got the D she needed to set her straight. Don't care if it came from Palmer, Ollie, or a donkey...
I don't know how they managed to make Felicity much more likable than Laurel is. They know they have a problem, if Olliver and Laurel are going to end up married to each other and the fans don't want to see it.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
also a prime candidate for someone to train Canary.
I stand corrected.

Shiva eventually travels to Manchuria to visit with her godfather, the O-Sensei, former instructor of Richard Dragon and Bronze Tiger. After living over 150 years, he has finally decided to die. He intends to fulfill a promise to his wife, and be buried alongside her, but his wife's family had hidden her remains to punish him for abandoning her. The O-Sensei has Shiva select three warriors to aid him in the search for her remains: the Question, Green Arrow, and Batman. Reluctant to acknowledge the O-Sensei's death wish, Shiva expresses her ambivalence both verbally and physically, unnecessarily applying deadly force in battles with O-Sensei's assailants.
Shiva and the O-Sensei then travel to Hub City, meeting with the Question, who, in turn, brokered Shiva's first meeting with Batman. Compelled to test his skill, Shiva immediately fights the vigilante only to be stopped by the O-Sensei. They do, however, convince Batman to aid them.[5]

In their search for Green Arrow, Shiva encounters slave traders, killing all except one, who successfully cuts her; she rewards him with a kiss on the forehead. After locating Green Arrow, she meets Black Canary for the first time, and spars with the hero. Although Canary does not know it at the time, the two had both studied under Sensei Otomo, though non-concurrently.

After recruiting Green Arrow, Shiva returns to Hub City, and saves the Question from an attack by former employees of the now-dead Reverend Hatch. Shiva kills the men, who had been after a fortune in embezzled funds stored in Hatch's abandoned home, and sets fire to the money. Later, she nurses the Question's elderly friend Tot back to health. While the Question puzzles over her inscrutable and violent nature, she confesses that the O-Sensei was "the one man I am certain I would not harm if he kissed me."

When Batman discovers that the remains of the O-Sensei's wife had been moved to a small island, Shiva, the O-Sensei, Green Arrow, and the Question set out for the island, only to be caught in a storm. The O-Sensei is lost overboard, but the group discovers that his wife's remains had likewise been mislaid, years earlier, while in transport, leaving O-Sensei's promise fulfilled.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Remember Brandon Routh was always supposed to be the Blue Beetle because he's a tech-based super hero which was more fitting with the overall non-superpowered vibe that Arrow has going on. At the last minute before the season started filming Warner Bros / DC said "no can do Blue Beetle" and offered up The Atom as a replacement character. They've said they don't want to do the shrinking thing which pretty much turns the Atom into Iron Man. I have hopes that an "unfortunate side effect" of the dwarf star alloy he is using in the suit will still result in him getting size changing abilities at some point, but then again I'm also still hoping Canary gets a proper canary cry and doesn't have to use her iPod for that.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Remember Brandon Routh was always supposed to be the Blue Beetle because he's a tech-based super hero which was more fitting with the overall non-superpowered vibe that Arrow has going on. At the last minute before the season started filming Warner Bros / DC said "no can do Blue Beetle" and offered up The Atom as a replacement character. They've said they don't want to do the shrinking thing which pretty much turns the Atom into Iron Man. I have hopes that an "unfortunate side effect" of the dwarf star alloy he is using in the suit will still result in him getting size changing abilities at some point, but then again I'm also still hoping Canary gets a proper canary cry and doesn't have to use her iPod for that.
The problem with The Atom running around doing his Iron Man impersonation, is that it makes Arrow look even less special. Between The Flash, Atom and Firestorm, Arrow is a bit diminished, and looks more and more like a normal person, instead of a hero. What is his power? To never run out of arrows?

Caliane

oh yeah. definitely.
Shiva spent some time on Birds of Prey as well.
Shiva has huge ties to the League of Assassins also. but, in the comics, games, cartoons...

the question was, did she show up on this TV show yet.
Googling, says, the Nyssa actress thought she was auditioning for Lady Shiva.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
While the being Ghul's successor thing is definitely a batman rip off, you're really forcing it by trying to compare the relationships to his daughter

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Are you saying that Batman/Talia and Ollie/Nyssa can't both be described as awkward?

I mean yes, obviously, the relationships are nothing like one another. I was being tongue in cheek, I'm pretty sure someone from the show flat out admitted they're directly adapting one of the Ra's storylines from Batman.

Column_sl

shitlord
Sucks that Caity Lotz isnt Cannary. She's actually a really good action star.

Ah well we have to deal with Derp Face.

Also pretty sure now that Atom will get a spinoff with what the producers hinted at today

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
No more awkward than most heroes have with characters that go back and forth from being hero to villain.

Green Arrow was similar in a lot of ways to batman even in the original comics. The only thing I'd blame the tv show for ripping off is the whole successor plot

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The problem with The Atom running around doing his Iron Man impersonation, is that it makes Arrow look even less special. Between The Flash, Atom and Firestorm, Arrow is a bit diminished, and looks more and more like a normal person, instead of a hero. What is his power? To never run out of arrows?
I'm not a fan of that, either. I get they use Arrow to build up the other characters since it's their big hit show, but then they have to go do things like the crossover episodes when they have to pull out the whole super preparedness trope to have Oliver not look completely outclassed.