Arrow

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
They had Black Dynamite chopping arrows out of the air with his stupid claws. Ra's would have caught the sword in two fingers and bitchslapped Oliver with the flat of the blade.
Oh I know, but I was just saying that I'd have realized it was game over and figured that was my only shot.

Those two videos above certainly make you go hmm. I'll be interested to see what the plan was behind that if it turns out to be as hinted.

Also, in regards to Black Dynamite (which made me laugh):
TWhOmZ783UrwA.gif

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Holy fuckin fuck! One of the best episodes ever.
And Malcom still is the ruthless mofo that we all love but probably he will die in the season finale.

Homsar

Michael jai white(black dynomite, tyson, spawn) is awesome and deserves bigger rolls. friends that work/worked with him always talk about how nice he is

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Michael jai white(black dynomite, tyson, spawn) is awesome and deserves bigger rolls. friends that work/worked with him always talk about how nice he is
Black Dynamite might be the funniest movie of the last 5-10 years. We've got plenty of time before Arrow is back, I have zero problem turning this in to a Black Dynamite thread for a while. Even the cartoon is decent, though not nearly as good.

Get the fuck out of the way old lady!
Pq0nmpp.gif

PRACTICE!
EbXwN0U.gif

Black Dynamite flashing a smile to turn on a female.
00ureo1.gif

Kung Fu treachery!?
yx1pERu.gif

Seriously, if any of you haven't seen Black Dynamite already youneedto. It's so much better and funnier than gifs and clips can convey.

Homsar

Black Dynamite might be the funniest movie of the last 5-10 years. We've got plenty of time before Arrow is back, I have zero problem turning this in to a Black Dynamite thread for a while. Even the cartoon is decent, though not nearly as go
G

Seriously, if any of you haven't seen Black Dynamite already youneedto. It's so much better and funnier than gifs and clips can convey.
you forgot "i threw that shit before i walked in the room."
also if you didnt know hes planning on doing a sequel and always planned on it being a trilogy

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Black Dynamite might be the funniest movie of the last 5-10 years. We've got plenty of time before Arrow is back, I have zero problem turning this in to a Black Dynamite thread for a while. Even the cartoon is decent, though not nearly as good.

Get the fuck out of the way old lady!
Pq0nmpp.gif

PRACTICE!
EbXwN0U.gif

Black Dynamite flashing a smile to turn on a female.
00ureo1.gif

Kung Fu treachery!?
yx1pERu.gif

if you liked the spoof so much, why dont you watch the original which is ten times funnier because rudy ray moore is fucking insane.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
So, this has all been great. But the fight with Ra's bugs me. Oliver most definitely deserved to get tooled that hard, but the fight is over when Ra's simply points his sword at Oliver's throat, with a good bit of distance, and Oliver having plenty of maneuvering room. Then Oliver just gives up, basically, and starts backing toward the cliff. That's either 1) Annoyingly bad choreography/design, or 2) A possible hint that they were in cahoots? I dunno, it just seemed odd. That was not a deciding point in the fight.

HUH_sl

shitlord
It was probably just poor choreography/direction/editing but it also led the only time Oliver managed to hit Ras so he could have been baiting him.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
I dunno, put me on the side of I think with as much stick work that oliver does, he should be able to clown anyone that isn't armed. Im sorry but at least from what I understand Ra's doesn't have any super powers other than age on his side. Oliver is in peak physical condition. He went toe to toe with an enraged flash and managed to survive. He should be able to beat an unarmed man.

Plots gonna plot.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Obviously we are arguing comic books, so whatever the author wants to happen will happen, and you even say that more or less. But Ra's has been training for conceivably centuries, and as shown in that one segment, against dudes with real swords, like 8 at a time, that die if they fail. You can get pretty fucking good if you do that every day vs. just practicing with sticks.

EDIT: Yeah, he had a sword too in that 8-on-1 segment, but it isn't too far-fetched to think that he's done his fair share of unarmed vs. sword combat too.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
I dunno, put me on the side of I think with as much stick work that oliver does, he should be able to clown anyone that isn't armed. Im sorry but at least from what I understand Ra's doesn't have any super powers other than age on his side. Oliver is in peak physical condition. He went toe to toe with an enraged flash and managed to survive. He should be able to beat an unarmed man.

Plots gonna plot.
In no way shape or form should Oliver be able to beat Ra's, unarmed or not. I'm glad the show didn't walk back that Oliver had any chance of winning. If anything he took to long in beating Oliver.