Ash vs Evil Dead

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Trying to pass the Necronomicon as a poetry book to impress a girl while high made lols shoot out of my face hole

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
welp, that was fucking awesome, only downsides were that it ended too soon and the CGI blood spatter. i can get used to the CGI, hope this other director can do this series credit.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I too wonder if the successors will stick to a Raimi-ish style and match the flavor or if they will diverge into their own interpretation.

A bit odd that this version is a direct sequel to Evil Dead 2 and can't even reference Army of Darkness because they don't have the rights to that content

Juvarisx

Florida
I too wonder if the successors will stick to a Raimi-ish style and match the flavor or if they will diverge into their own interpretation.

A bit odd that this version is a direct sequel to Evil Dead 2 and can't even reference Army of Darkness because they don't have the rights to that content
My guess is they will stick to it, as they know their initial audience will be the fans of the movies and pissing them off will tank the show.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Raimi sets the tone of the show. Kinda like Scorsese doing the first Boardwalk.

Caliane

Multiverse has been sortof cannon for Evil dead/ash for a while. Probably dont have the rights, but I would laugh my ass off at some Ash vs Marvel Zombies or the like references.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
CGI did not bother me, it almost fits. Look at the way they filmed the fight scenes in the movies vs. hand, vs. little Ash and the latest incarnation of such. It has a fakeness that just works IMO. The other directors really should stick with the Rami style. It wouldn't be the same if they didn't.

Cybsled

Definitely the real deal in terms of Evil Dead. It does seem like they retconned AoD out of the mix, though.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Here is an interview with Bruce

Bruce Campbell on Ash vs. Evil Dead and Army of Darkness | Collider

Being unable to secure the rights to Army of Darkness is the reason it is being left out, nothing else
That bullshit.

Someone did the same shit with Doctor Who's 50th anniversary. Moffat thought it'd be a great idea to put the movie poster from a Doctor Who movie with Peter Cushing in from 40 years ago. The person who owned the rights wanted more money than the entire special cost to film... Fuck's sake.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Really the only things you need from the entire ED IP is:

• Ash
  • The Necronomicon
  • Chainsaw hand