Ash vs Evil Dead

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Here is an interview with Bruce

Bruce Campbell on Ash vs. Evil Dead and Army of Darkness | Collider

Being unable to secure the rights to Army of Darkness is the reason it is being left out, nothing else
If anything that issue stays true to Evil Dead always trapped in the nightmare of copyright so strangely glad to see it continue. Loved the episode especially the use of the footage of the first two movies, though why in the HELL he would want to run to Saginaw is beyond me. That place is already a hellscape.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
If anything that issue stays true to Evil Dead always trapped in the nightmare of copyright so strangely glad to see it continue. Loved the episode especially the use of the footage of the first two movies, though why in the HELL he would want to run to Saginaw is beyond me. That place is already a hellscape.
Yeah, to be clear it's bullshit from the standpoint that in the case of both this and Doctor Who, what the fuck is the other IP holder going to do with it? It's worthless without the primary IP holder supporting you, and here is a perfect chance to increase the value of your properties. Probably the last chance ever.

This show is fucking fantastic by the way. Who knows maybe after this season the AoD folks will throw in and we'll get a whole season about the aftermath of that catching up with Ash in the present proving me completely wrong and why people should hold onto those rights rather than license them.

Cybsled

Yeah, to be clear it's bullshit from the standpoint that in the case of both this and Doctor Who, what the fuck is the other IP holder going to do with it? It's worthless without the primary IP holder supporting you, and here is a perfect chance to increase the value of your properties. Probably the last chance ever.

This show is fucking fantastic by the way. Who knows maybe after this season the AoD folks will throw in and we'll get a whole season about the aftermath of that catching up with Ash in the present proving me completely wrong and why people should hold onto those rights rather than license them.
Some mini-IP rights can be valuable (Daleks), but ya...if folks are too greedy, they can't profit from their mini IP. While it would be great to include AoD, you don't miss out on a ton in the scheme of things. Most of the core stuff (Chainsaw hand, sawed off, necronomicon) were in ED2 and you can introduce certain elements from AoD without directly infringing on the AoD IP.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Loved it. My wife (who has only seen the Evil Dead remake) said it was 'ok', but she didn't get a lot of the story stuff obviously. Why doesn't he have a hand? Why does he have a chain saw attached? Why is he driving that car?

Oh well, I loved it.

I'm a fan of traditional gore effects rather than CGI - it stood out like a sore thumb to me a bit, but I still enjoyed it. I just wonder how they can continue the show on after 1 season, like where can the story go? Oh well, I'm watching it every week. Groovy.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
You didn't prepare her for it with at least ED2? For shame!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You didn't prepare her for it with at least ED2? For shame!
Bro we are talking about a woman that watches HGTV shows and Walking Dead, to say she has terrible taste is an understatement. She's always "too busy" to watch the cool movies so I just don't even bother.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
My wife enjoyed it.

Her only ED background is the Evil Dead Musical. Which was awesome.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
This may have been the best 1st episode of a show I have ever seen.
Yeah. I planned on rewatching it tonight. Battlestar Galactica still owns that for me though. Even the first ep "33" after the movie was fucking incredible in every way.

But this show has lost absolutely none of it's magic.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Loved it when he tried to caress the hot clerks face with his wooden hand.

Review said he was working at S-Mart but was it really? I didn't see that, and I figured it had to do with them getting hosed on the rights to Army of Darkness.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Loved it when he tried to caress the hot clerks face with his wooden hand.

Review said he was working at S-Mart but was it really? I didn't see that, and I figured it had to do with them getting hosed on the rights to Army of Darkness.
It was not S-Mart. I was disappointed.

To be fair the only disappointment of the night. With Wes Craven dying I was especially glad to see what I felt were a few nods to him (as Raimi has always done in the past). There's not a lot of the old school guys left.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There is an interview where its the AoD rights that screwed them. He said a slogan for the new store and it was something like Value stop, we value our customers or have a valuable day. Cant remember what interview it was

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Here is one of the interviews where he talks about AoD rights. There has been some cool little things ive seen in other interviews, one was in the original ED films the Necromicon is written in english but its just in Calligraphy and the stuff written is a persons name and then saying go fuck yourself ect.