Ashes of Creation

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Maybe it's me getting old, but when I see open world PvP along with MMO I'm just
Probably because it's been handled so poorly in so many games that even the godawfulness of arenas/battlegrounds is preferable to it.

Or yes, your balls might have stopped working.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Kickstarter incoming....this is usually a telling point at the beginning.

What number do you think they set to reach?
500k.....1 mill?

Playable alpha in 1 year they said..launch in several.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
After perusing their site, I will be keeping an eye on this one. They seem to have all the trends and buzzwords covered, so we'll see. Environments looking nice, guess it's just wait and see. I guess, if it ends up looking really good, I'll have to get my T levels up, and hope my Balls start working again for the PvP.

Sandboxer

Golden Knight of the Realm
Looks pretty good for 3 month's of work. Couple of new videos to share. 1 being official.

The Unreal Engine 4 is being used with modified network code.

Just hope game play can match the quality of the graphics. Not really interested in a Guild Wars 3.

Read somewhere that there are 8 classes to choose from and that you pick a primary and secondary from those 8 therefore making a total of 64 combinations. This would assume you can select the same class as your primary and secondary.

Also, 4 races to choose from with 2 sub-races in each. Not sure if any more planned. Races will be more then just a different skin / model for your avatar and provide varying stats and modifiers. Humans confirmed.

I am indifferent to PvP being part of the game as long as there is enough emphasis on PvE. Be interesting to see how they both co-exist.

One to watch out for...

Last edited:

Sandboxer

A few more video's.

Not really bothered about the referral system. Sounds like a way to get others to do all the heavy lifting when it comes to marketing. I understand why though being a small to medium sized studio.

The node system seem's like an interesting game mechanic.

Sandboxer

A nice first look at a dungeon here that has yet to be populated with mobs.

Lots of work to do but the initial quality is impressive.

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Game looks absolutely gorgeous but the original gameplay footage makes it feel much more like a single player game rather than a MMO.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
A nice first look at a dungeon here that has yet to be populated with mobs.

Lots of work to do but the initial quality is impressive.

Wonder if I can use my Eye of Zom to pull Phinny to the zone line?

Seriously though i'm a little hesitant on this epic, beautiful looking games. Seems like the best MMOs have their own "niche" appearance. Not sure if that is an indicator of anything but the better MMO's have their own look.

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Seriously though i'm a little hesitant on this epic, beautiful looking games. Seems like the best MMOs have their own "niche" appearance. Not sure if that is an indicator of anything but the better MMO's have their own look.
I'd say it's an indication that devs who put an emphasis on "spectacle" are also the ones most likely to forget about substance.

• 1Like

Sandboxer

Another interesting 3rd party video on the use of Caravans within Ashes of Creation. He does verify his source at the end so it will be in game in some form.

Describes possible open world PvP (and PvE) with the transportation of goods between tiers via the Caravan game mechanic. No world auction confirmed and I have not heard any mention of any type of banking system yet.

Sandboxer

A new blog is up on the main site that further describes how nodes will be realized in Ashes of Creation:

A Reactive World – Nodes

I like how PvE is not forgotten and will co-exit with PvP:

Nodes are not merely just a quest hub or place you run back to every now and again to drop off the new loot or sell unwanted items, they are tied intricately to the game. Questlines will morph based on what areas of the world have or have not been developed, specific items and wondrous mounts will become available based on which Nodes are developed, dangerous dungeons will open up for exploration and powerful new world raid challenges will begin to appear. The world around a developed Node will reflect the activity and choices of the community.

The video near the bottom shows some progression of a node as it changes from an encampment to a village.

I am glad to see some influence from the little we saw of EQNext in this game both visually and from a sandbox perspective. The studio has a number of former Daybreak employees who worked on the Everquest franchise (including EQNext).

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Maybe i'm way off base here and in the minority but I find it such a waste of time to put together something like this that really has no insight to how the game will play, look, feel, etc. It's too staged and overdone. I would rather see 30 people attempting to manage secondary mobs while bouncing off a dragon in-game.

• 1Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Looks good for something this early, although the in-combat movement is way too floaty; they need to tone that down a bit. It was nice seeing a mage using spells for things other than combat; it'd be interesting to see some other classes run through there, see how they use their movesets for exploration.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Looks pretty good for 3 month's of work.
Not trying to be critical of what they have done, i am intrigued by this game and its potential, but it's more than 3 months work, somewhere i remember them saying they had started working on this almost a year ago or maybe it's been over a year now, to get to the point where they could reveal the title.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I am cautiously optimistic. I bought into the ideas behind EverQuest Next thoroughly and would like to see even a fraction of them make it into reality.

gLobal

Trakanon Raider
I like the look of this game. I'm hoping it actually turns out well.

You can register on the forums for weekly drawings, which could include an Alpha/Beta key. Word is that Alpha starts near the end of 2017.

Last edited: