Ashes of Creation

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Just glanced at the FAQ abit, the referral system is abit of a gamble but honestly with how crazy I've seen people go to save/make a buck in this world it might be a really damn good idea. 15% of all revenue a referral spends is pretty solid to get people motivated to get the word out.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It looks pretty, sounds interesting...but as others mentioned until release, or at the very least late beta, I'm keeping expectation in check, been burned too many times by MMO, no goodwill left for the genre now.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Another video talking about their node system, this time focusing on how housing works, and a bit on the different kinds of cities.

This game's got some good system ideas, hopefully it comes together. I'd love a reason to be excited for an MMO again.

• 1Like

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Sigh, It looks like I will be dumping more money into a possible game.

I never learn.

zero_name

Golden Knight of the Realm
Good luck to them. I predict the Kickstarter fails hard, especially if they put it at anything near what they need to create a pitch for investors, which they'll need money from to complete he project.

The Kickstarter craze has passed. It has to be a perfect pitch and crowdfunding an MMO is a bad proposition. I'll check it out if/when it releases and if it's not terrible.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Good luck to them. I predict the Kickstarter fails hard, especially if they put it at anything near what they need to create a pitch for investors, which they'll need money from to complete he project.

The Kickstarter craze has passed. It has to be a perfect pitch and crowdfunding an MMO is a bad proposition. I'll check it out if/when it releases and if it's not terrible.
From the discussion I've seen elsewhere, it sounds like they've already got traditional funding, and they're using Kickstarter to maybe develop some additional features, or as a bit of a financial safety net, or something along those lines.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The node system sounds cool, and its something I would actually like to be involved with. But the rest of the game I would like to steal from other games. If I could just smash together different MMO's, I think Id be one happy camper.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
This sounds like an interesting game I'd have a better time reading about events rather than actually playing, like Eve.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
We here at Intrepid Studios have some big news to share with everyone! On May 1st at 10 AM (PDT), we’ll be launching our Kickstarter! We decided to use Kickstarter as a means for our community to help bring Ashes of Creation to life, and for us to provide some Kickstarter only rewards that we know our die-hard fans will love. Some of these rewards include;

Discounted subscription time (including lifetime subs available on Kickstarter only), headstart for live launch, access to alpha server (will become public test server when game launches), closed beta access, unique pets, monster tokens, costumes, weapon and armor skins, housing/building skins, mounts and a lot more!

You will not see any Pay2Win items in Ashes of Creation or our kickstarter.

I know Ashes of Creation will rise to the top of the MMORPG genre, and I am excited to watch you rise with us!

Steven
Creative Director

Kickstarter starts May 1st. Will definitely have a look.

• 1Like

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Not a great KS campaign right now, very basic information only. Will wait and watch what they add to the KS over the next weeks, 750k $ seem easily reachable. 150k after 15min already pledged...

• 1Like

Reht

Molten Core Raider
They blew through their first lifetime subscription tier in less than 15 minutes ($400 x 250 backers) and have added another one below the next higher tier.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
After watching the video it sounds good, but also very complex and hard to tune/get right. Especially the node system with regional markets and pvp stuff, having 11 years of EVE experience tells me the players will fuck up those systems really badly ;)

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users