Ashes of Creation

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
The more I watch the more it looks like they're recycling effects for each class. Also, I do think each class being a disco ball of spells isn't going to bode well for gameplay.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The more I watch the more it looks like they're recycling effects for each class. Also, I do think each class being a disco ball of spells isn't going to bode well for gameplay.

Their fun to watch in group/solo content. But any kind of raid/pvp, you just turn them down.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Those all look like pretty good tank abilities, and if you get all of them in the first 10 levels that's a good sign since they all seem kind of "core" what you want. Makes me wonder though what you would potentially unlock at higher levels. Group utility seemed kind of lacking but again, first 10 levels and maybe that's something you would need to make up for with subclass choice (I don't actually believe subclasses will be a thing in the end).

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
That is a ton of skills for 10 levels, hope we're not headed for EQ II cooldown management/skill cycling territory

• 1Like

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I personally prefer more skills to be able to come up with unique rotations, but nothing too crazy. I don't like 1/2 buttons to win in old MMOs like EQ/WoW, that's just lazy.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I like having "tools" rather than "rotations". I like using charge to engage and then sundering shit for aggro and then using a block ability during a big spike in damage or whatever. Making sure I just hit 7 then 1 3 4 5 4 3 4 5 4 3 4 5 over and over is bad game design. Also throw in threat meters and stop being fuckdicks so I can know I'm doing my job and whether I need to hit sunder nonstop or just to keep up with threat. You want to see shit tank design look at warrior tanking for WoW recently. Just god fucking awful especially for AE threat.

• 1Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I don't mind having a lot of abilities available that you can pick and choose from to make a build out of, but Christ I don't want to go back to the EQ2 days of needing to have 60-120 skills on screen to play the game right. One hotbar; maybe two hotbars with the design intent that you have one combat hotbar and one utility hotbar, but no more than that.

Cybsled

A PVP game having too many skills to manage is shit design. Clicking isn't practical and you shouldn't have to play Dance Dance Revolution with your fingers over the entirety of your keyboard.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
A PVP game having too many skills to manage is shit design. Clicking isn't practical and you shouldn't have to play Dance Dance Revolution with your fingers over the entirety of your keyboard.

This is a basically a Korean mmo made by an American and every Korean mmo pvp is Dance Dance Revolution.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is a basically a Korean mmo made by an American and every Korean mmo pvp is Dance Dance Revolution.

What? I am trying to remember, but BnS, Tera, Archage,Aion none of them had a huge amount of abilities. BnS itself was very limited. I think the closest to what you describe is BDO, which had a ton of abilities, but in reality you didn't use them all, only invested in the best ones. But it also had hard coded keyboard shortcuts for those abilities , which were sometimes weird to use and not all could go on hotbars.

Yes they basically were constant 24/7 button pushing, but that is any MMO anymore. I never felt like I was playing DDR on my keyboard trying to hit 20 different abilities while fighting.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
What? I am trying to remember, but BnS, Tera, Archage,Aion none of them had a huge amount of abilities. BnS itself was very limited. I think the closest to what you describe is BDO, which had a ton of abilities, but in reality you didn't use them all, only invested in the best ones. But it also had hard coded keyboard shortcuts for those abilities , which were sometimes weird to use and not all could go on hotbars.

Yes they basically were constant 24/7 button pushing, but that is any MMO anymore. I never felt like I was playing DDR on my keyboard trying to hit 20 different abilities while fighting.

They are defiantly button smashers but I was also referring to the giant sparkly fireworks show that every korean game works so hard to put into any spell casters. Two days into the game no one cares about that stuff anymore though.

I just hope they dont go the route that korean mmos go with the slight pedophile theme for all female toons in game.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They are defiantly button smashers but I was also referring to the giant sparkly fireworks show that every korean game works so hard to put into any spell casters. Two days into the game no one cares about that stuff anymore though.

I just hope they dont go the route that korean mmos go with the slight pedophile theme for all female toons in game.

I will agree about the particle effects. I enjoy them solo/grinding or even group content. But anything after that with more people they get turned down to be able to see anything.

Hmm iirc BDO, BnS and Tera have child like races( I guess its a popular thing in korea). In aion you could make your charater very tiny, height wise. But outside the childlike races, the rest of the female races had nothing child like about them.

I admit I made a child summoner in BnS. Just because the option to create calvin and hobbes couldn't be passed up. A boy character with his tiger pet? Just made me laugh.

Cybsled

That mention about kid races, at a fan fest in Japan, some guy asked Yoshi P if they would add options to play as a child in future and you could tell Yoshi was thinking “lol da fuck?” and gave his diplomatic answer amounting to never

Game does have Lalafels, but those are basically just potatoes

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like that they are listening to criticism. Its minor stuff but it makes a difference. Will be nice to hear more when the NDA lifts on Alpha 1 in April.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I like that they are listening to criticism. Its minor stuff but it makes a difference. Will be nice to hear more when the NDA lifts on Alpha 1 in April.
Yeah, the fact that they've already iterated on the spell animations is worthy of kudos.

Lostmethere

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I want to like these videos but something feel odd about the charters and animation still. I guess its alpha but whole thing feel very stiff and not very inspired...

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
We sure this isn't an archeage expansion? The graphics, style looks extremely similar.