Ashes of Creation

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
To give people like me who have disposable income, something to spend money on. Earning income and spending extra on hobbies and fun is crazy shit. That's likely why is my guess.

That's what merch is for. Development resources should not be used on microtransaction assets for a game that already has a subscription fee.

Cute royalty free music and a class in a PvP game with no hard CC. Are they even trying?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That's what merch is for. Development resources should not be used on microtransaction assets for a game that already has a subscription fee.

Cute royalty free music and a class in a PvP game with no hard CC. Are they even trying?
Any ability like black hole is basically the core of any mass pvp engagement, grouping people together so they get smashed by aoes wins fights instantly. This is also unlikely to be a full ability list, I'd assume? Game is in like pre alpha or some shit they're just showing off fancy effects.

Leibowitz

Trakanon Raider
no this is not a full ability list. this is only up to level 10. also you will not hear ingame music until some time in beta.

Xerge

<Donor>

No it's not. I want development resources used on shit to make my character look badass. The best part is I also earn all the cool shit in game too. I love it it all. I buy shit in ESO with money and earn the good stuff. Give it all to me.

edit: god forbid there are people who are good at gaming and like spending money.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
No it's not. I want development resources used on shit to make my character look badass. The best part is I also earn all the cool shit in game too. I love it it all. I buy shit in ESO with money and earn the good stuff. Give it all to me.

edit: god forbid there are people who are good at gaming and like spending money.
Hey Nidhogg Nidhogg here's your next mark customer.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
This right here is what he envisions, but he seriously does not understand the typical PVE mindset.

So logically in a PVP focused game, PVE folks who like aspects of the game want to do their thing. But in PVP, there is always a winner and loser. The people who bet on the losing side, if they lose hundreds of hours of work, are just going to flat out quit just like they did in Shadowbane. People in these types of games have an extremely limited appetite for loss.
Exactly. And that is how you design a ghost town of a game within 6 months.

• 2Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

It’s a fine balance for PVP: you need good performance, but you also need to be able to tell what a person is casting to better prioritize attacking or knowing when to interrupt

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Nitpick: Something about the fireball(?) cast bothers me. Its a quick jump in the air with this exaggerated throw that takes a couple seconds before being lobbed out. Where as it makes more sense in my mind that the person would charge up on the ground and jump into the air to throw it to benefit from the heights accuracy. If thats too similar to other spells, then have the character spin around into a super man throw to give the look of velocity?

Game looks good, and I want to play it. But deep down I know PVP games are not my flavor of choice and it makes me sad.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Holy shit a few of those effects were so over the top it’s hard to believe that was a serious video.

ansar

Trakanon Raider
Those effects look nice, but I wonder what they will do when the mob is in motion or actually smacks you in the face.

Leibowitz

Trakanon Raider
There were a lot of negative comments on the mage fireball animation, it has been pulled Also, I am a kickstarter backer and played the alpha. Due to NDA there is not a lot i can tell you about it. I was in it and time just FLEW by. When it was over my first thought was.. what, already? And then i saw the time. My reaction was Whoa! its THAT late ?

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users