Ashes of Creation

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
On alpha, Sharif's guild was called The White Order. Not sure if it had a different name on beta and live as they went on a different server from me.
Was talking about Tuco's guild, or the guild he was a part of which was "PRX." A guild that takes PVP pretty seriously in games like AA and GW2 etc. But you're not incorrect in that Sharif's guild was TWO and he was a Sorcerer.

Cybsled

Was talking about Tuco's guild, or the guild he was a part of which was "PRX." A guild that takes PVP pretty seriously in games like AA and GW2 etc. But you're not incorrect in that Sharif's guild was TWO and he was a Sorcerer.

In live his guild was The White Order also. I remember some people on the server tried to get GMs to change the name of his guild, trying to claim it was a reference to nazis/white power.

His character's name in AA was Sorcerer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Desert Biome.

The stringy slime affect when the snail mount gets up at 1:18 is a nice touch, that mount is all kinds of weird lol. Overall looked good, liked the big bad scorpion at the end with the splitting tail, should be more than adequate for my non existent need to roleplay a dervish. Gives me some Vanguard vibes, Qalia was a pretty cool place, especially the big port city with the giant statues guarding the bay, can't remember the name now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That is/was PRX wasnt it? I regret not playing AA at launch - hear so many stories. I played it well after launch and noticed how cool everything was, but it was just surrounded by god awful shit.
PRX was a fun experiment, but in my opinion that militant guild shit is something I'm just too old for. I don't need some assclown telling me I need to show up at x time or else.

Our super chill Lost Ark guild managed to still be one of the top guilds. Granted, it's not really a PVP centric game like AA.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Wasn't Steven banned for RMT in Archeage? I remember hearing a story from DA from Enveus that he paid his Guild officers. I heard there is a very nasty about him that some of the other gaming companies are planning to publish in a magazine. I like Steven but he is a businessman. I never invested in Ashes, so I have nothing to lose. I know my words may upset some people for this fact I am sorry. I don't understand why these people follow these spokespeople like they are the second coming of a religious figure.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
PRX was a fun experiment, but in my opinion that militant guild shit is something I'm just too old for. I don't need some assclown telling me I need to show up at x time or else.

Our super chill Lost Ark guild managed to still be one of the top guilds. Granted, it's not really a PVP centric game like AA.
I played with PRX for a while in ESO; those guys were not the same.

I have just really started paying attention to Ashes via Lazy Peon and while the PVP-centric nature of it makes it a little iffy for me, EVERYTHING ELSE seems amazing. Launch GW2 was my favorite MMO of all time, and they have done nothing but fuck it up ever since. If I can get 2/3rds of that plus whatever in the world which all seems good plus lessons learned from AA, I'll take it. I don't know if I will buy a Voyager package but I bet it will hit retail before SC.

• 1Like

Daidraco

I have just really started paying attention to Ashes via Lazy Peon and while the PVP-centric nature of it makes it a little iffy for me, EVERYTHING ELSE seems amazing. Launch GW2 was my favorite MMO of all time, and they have done nothing but fuck it up ever since. If I can get 2/3rds of that plus whatever in the world which all seems good plus lessons learned from AA, I'll take it. I don't know if I will buy a Voyager package but I bet it will hit retail before SC.
My sentiment as well. The Forts, sieges, and wagon shit is something I may do? maybe? But over all, Ive never been a big fan of PVP in MMORPG's. Ive just never been sure if I came to that conclusion cause my first big experience with PVP was getting gang banged by 15 rogues down in STV or if I just legitimately dont like it, though. The world, the town, hell.. whatever lore thats been hinted so far, all seem really cool. I find it really hard to believe AoC has all the shit they say its got, but if it does.. then Im going to end up as a 300 pound neck beard playing it.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Cybsled

They usually had a distinction of official and unofficial games. I think Archeage was the last major official one?

• 1Like

Merrith

My sentiment as well. The Forts, sieges, and wagon shit is something I may do? maybe? But over all, Ive never been a big fan of PVP in MMORPG's. Ive just never been sure if I came to that conclusion cause my first big experience with PVP was getting gang banged by 15 rogues down in STV or if I just legitimately dont like it, though. The world, the town, hell.. whatever lore thats been hinted so far, all seem really cool. I find it really hard to believe AoC has all the shit they say its got, but if it does.. then Im going to end up as a 300 pound neck beard playing it.

That's my only concern with it...they talk about doing so many things in so many directions I just don't know how they can do all of it well. Stuff I see looks encouraging. I might just be too old to get into it at the level I would probably want to, anyways. Still nice to think about the possibility that maybe they might actually pull off something decent.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They made some design changes. The map is now larger with a lot more water surface. International waters will now be open PvP. This will be interesting as I wonder how they will handle players that hug the coast lines as a way to just escape out. They changed the number of nodes from 120 to 85 in the world. They capped the level 6 nodes to 5 in the world. Traveling from one end of a continent to the other is about 50 minutes on a mount. Love the SSRA snake race and Tauran like race.

Ranger debut is next month.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
If they do the same thing that ArcheAge did, the coast will never truly be safe - there will be regions that allow ganking. There were some notorious pirate "speed traps" in ArcheAge because of this.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have no doubt that pirate gangs will exist. The other thing that I liked seeing was the cyclops. World boss that actually roams around a zone like a Sand Giant or Reaver. I always loved the portion of adventuring that involved knowing what was roaming around you.

• 1Like

Cybsled

If they do the same thing that ArcheAge did, the coast will never truly be safe - there will be regions that allow ganking. There were some notorious pirate "speed traps" in ArcheAge because of this.

Pretty much. Archeage usually put things worth a lot in the PVP waters or the vastly more efficient route (ocean fishing, trade runs). I also do recall a few coastal areas that got super narrow and could be blocked, forcing you to turn back or risk PVP water. Given that he is using Archeage as a major inspiration point and early Archeage ocean content was one of the few bright spots, I could easily see them copying a lot of that

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Pantheon kickstarted on 2014. This game kickstarted on 2017. They still have 3 more years before all the meme comes in.