Ashes of Creation

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I usually hate PvP in my MMOs, but this doesn’t seem all that bad to me. I’ll play it when it realeases.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is never gonna be done is it?
I don't believe that for a minute.

I've been paying loose attention to this game since its announcement and it is making regular, significant strides forward. Particularly now that the studio has greatly expanded the number of people working on the game. Not to mention, the absolute retarded restrictions imposed on the workplace, by the 'plandemic' fearmongers, are almost entirely gone.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xerge

<Donor>
Oh don't worry it'll be done, in fact it could release the same time as...

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Xerge

<Donor>
There are certain features they want ready for the persistent test. Other then buying into the alpha2 test coming, release is a bit away.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would laugh at the idea that the game was 4 years out but honestly that might be just about the perfect time table at the rate this game is going. I can comfortably state that Alpha 2 will be at least 1 year. I figure Alpha 2 might start 4th quarter next year but it could also still be 2 years away. That last video showed that the classes might already be designed but of course have to be programmed in for testing. I am guessing a lot of the conversation for 2022 revolved around class dynamics. It does appear that they are able to do a lot of stuff simultaneously. There is just so much stuff left to show. They have yet to barely whisper the naval dynamic of the game, as an example of one part of the game taking a lot of programming and balancing. I know they keep stating it will be ready when it is ready but I wonder if they feel as though some content ideas might have to be short-cutted.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I would laugh at the idea that the game was 4 years out but honestly that might be just about the perfect time table at the rate this game is going. I can comfortably state that Alpha 2 will be at least 1 year. I figure Alpha 2 might start 4th quarter next year but it could also still be 2 years away. That last video showed that the classes might already be designed but of course have to be programmed in for testing. I am guessing a lot of the conversation for 2022 revolved around class dynamics. It does appear that they are able to do a lot of stuff simultaneously. There is just so much stuff left to show. They have yet to barely whisper the naval dynamic of the game, as an example of one part of the game taking a lot of programming and balancing. I know they keep stating it will be ready when it is ready but I wonder if they feel as though some content ideas might have to be short-cutted.
That's not my understanding of how development works. They build pipelines and then will reuse those for other assets. It goes a lot faster as it gets closer. The Unreal Engine conversion probably took a lot of time, which is why we aren't seeing as much upfront but the design of things is probably going on behind the scenes; we just aren't going to have it in a dev stream until it is going to generate buzz. My guess is Alpha 2 in few months, Launch by Q3 2024, maybe one more quarter if they are really struggling with something.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would guess
Alpha 2 by March, 2023 (read as early closed beta basicly)
Open beta near September, 2023.
Rushed Launch near Christmas, 2023.
If smart real launch aroundish March, 2024
Actually ready for Launch if not sold to someone else. Marchish 2025.

Duskoy

Blackwing Lair Raider
Been following the development and they do have a decent sized team, they keep hiring more people so I could see a 2024 launch

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would guess
Alpha 2 by March, 2023 (read as early closed beta basicly)
Open beta near September, 2023.
Rushed Launch near Christmas, 2023.
If smart real launch aroundish March, 2024
Actually ready for Launch if not sold to someone else. Marchish 2025.
They have stated many, many times that they will not "Rush" this game out. At the rate I have seen the updates, I believe them. I do think that development will go faster in 2023 than 2022. I am thinking that they are pretty much at the programming phase and that most of the concepts for the game play(Classes, Trade skills, Combat etc) are done. I also think they will announce the Alpha 2 phase at least a few months ahead of the start date. That makes Spring somewhat unlikely already. Alpha 2 is level 35 out of a 50 cap. It was stated they want about 70% of the game ready for testing at Alpha 2. Alpha 2 will be a minimum of 6 months just for testing and adding content to then also be tested. I am looking forward to it, but do not think it is anytime soon yet.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
They have stated many, many times that they will not "Rush" this game out. At the rate I have seen the updates, I believe them. I do think that development will go faster in 2023 than 2022. I am thinking that they are pretty much at the programming phase and that most of the concepts for the game play(Classes, Trade skills, Combat etc) are done. I also think they will announce the Alpha 2 phase at least a few months ahead of the start date. That makes Spring somewhat unlikely already. Alpha 2 is level 35 out of a 50 cap. It was stated they want about 70% of the game ready for testing at Alpha 2. Alpha 2 will be a minimum of 6 months just for testing and adding content to then also be tested. I am looking forward to it, but do not think it is anytime soon yet.
1672799047501.jpeg

• 1Like