Ashes of Creation

Sythrak

Vyemm Raider
The problem with alot of the games features is it relies heavily on a very active user base. If PvP MMO's have taught me anything, their shelf lives are usually very short.

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Think about how many zones do you have now that no one goes to anymore. Now imagine a world 5 times as big. The game will collapse on itself like new world. New World bounced back. Games now a days arent made to last anymore.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Think about how many zones do you have now that no one goes to anymore. Now imagine a world 5 times as big. The game will collapse on itself like new world. New World bounced back. Games now a days arent made to last anymore.
Did you play New World at release? The fucking game was atrocious and whittled down my friends group like a knife cutting butter. Tons of people spent a ton of hours to get their character in their 30's / 40's only to be butt fucked by a Main Quest story bug that limited their Azoth staff to a lower level, effectively halting their advancement. Meaning they couldnt fucking get the biggest source of Exp in the game like everyone else. Half the perks on the gear didnt work, and some worked so well that if you didnt have them on your gear - you werent even in the same league of survival as everyone else. You had people abusing fort mechanics because they were buggy, to effectively strong arm the capture of territories across the map with only a small man crew of people. You had bots not only farming mats left and right for people, but you had aim bots helping people target bow/musket shots. Never mind all the grifting with the bug that caused people to turn PVP on whether they wanted to or not. Or the dupe hacks that are still happening to this very day. Or it took till fucking a few months ago for them to put a fucking mount in, claiming that the world wasnt big enough for mounts all this time beforehand.

The reason for that games downfall is a fucking laundry list of shit and its sure as fuck not "bouncing back" in any meaningful way. We also have no fucking way to legitimately claim that the downfall of that game was contributed to the PVP, or lack thereof, or the size of the world - when viewing it through that cloud of bugs listed above. Im sure I missed quite a few as well.

8 years of "known" development and still 5 years away from MAYBE being released...
I miss the days of first hearing about a game being in development and it coming out within a year or so. But a freaking decade plus? No excuse but greed via massive grift.

Advances in technology should be making the development cycle much faster, not ages slower.

I was hyped about this game from 2016 to 2018. In 2018 I realized it was never coming out. In the 5 plus years I have seen nothing that has changed my mind.

I doubt they will prove me wrong and release this. If they do I will admit I was wrong. However I feel it is more likely another Star Citizen grift.
I trust Xerge Xerge to steer us correctly in this regard since he has some insider knowledge. I personally think the game will launch within the next two years. That is a hell of a long time for development, but Im also understanding enough to realize that this company was started from scratch, by a guy that had limited experience in that career path, and is, as far as I know, 100% indie development. Versus Star Citizen, which I agree.. at the amount of money that company has taken in - it looks like nothing but a grift at this point to keep asking for more and more. Never mind that the lead devs / owners of that company have a mountain of experience in game development. I dont even think you can purchase anything from AOC at the moment, which is a big difference in the comparison.

If I had to make an excuse for AOC taking so long, however, is that it looks like Steven pulled a Todd Howard and promised wayyyy too fucking much for release. Now it just looks like hes trying to implement every single idea that crept out of his mouth. I mean, honestly, if you look at the videos of just the content that they have showcased - especially in yesterdays Caravan video - the game looks very fucking playable. More so than some of the games Ive bought and uninstalled within 5 minutes in the past couple of years.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My concern,

If the next monthly does not show a new class, I am going to seriously question how they plan to have all classes ready for Alpha 2 testing(They are supposed to be) by September. The four they have, look to be about ready. This has always been my sticking point with the rate of development. We are currently missing the fighter, rogue, summoner and the bard. Now the fighter might not take a whole lot to develop. The rogue might be just as easy. The bard and the summoner are the two that will take a lot of work. Each will have their own set of graphics and mechanics that make them very unique.

Seven months...4 classes. Something is going to give.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
My concern,

If the next monthly does not show a new class, I am going to seriously question how they plan to have all classes ready for Alpha 2 testing(They are supposed to be) by September. The four they have, look to be about ready. This has always been my sticking point with the rate of development. We are currently missing the fighter, rogue, summoner and the bard. Now the fighter might not take a whole lot to develop. The rogue might be just as easy. The bard and the summoner are the two that will take a lot of work. Each will have their own set of graphics and mechanics that make them very unique.

Seven months...4 classes. Something is going to give.
C'mon man, didn't you just read this is going to be released within the next 2 years?

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well....

That did not look over powered at all. Crowd Control with Sonic boom like push back?

Glad to see it has at least started. I hope that is not the 5th class and the rogue and fighter are well on their way. The summoner will be a lot of work as well.

Daidraco

Well....

That did not look over powered at all. Crowd Control with Sonic boom like push back?

Glad to see it has at least started. I hope that is not the 5th class and the rogue and fighter are well on their way. The summoner will be a lot of work as well.
At least its not that abomination of a music system that New World came up with. Stationary guitar hero for buffs. (As a side note, I think thats a joke example. lol)

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Will Ashes of Creation, Star Citizen or Winds of Winter release first?

• 1Like

Leibowitz

Trakanon Raider
Will Ashes of Creation, Star Citizen or Winds of Winter release first?
I think it ll be Ashes and within the next two years as A2 is scheduled to start in Q3, which is between 4 to 7 months away. I am already keeping an eye on my email for a spot testing invite.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Hold on, who wants to take a bet on Steven selling the company right before its release to the market? Don't Be a weasel. It's all downhill after release and he was once banned from Arche age for RMT. There will be a story that will be posted in its release. He will leave the company as a result and retain 10% of any lifetime sales. The content creators that sold ashes sale packages through a referral code will launch a class action lawsuit for something Steven said and promised A CASH BONUS.

It's a good-looking game.

Last edited:
  • 1Moron
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1NPC
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Hold on, who wants to take a bet on Steven selling the company right before its release to the market? Don't Be a weasel. It's all downhill after release and he was once banned from Arche age for RMT. There will be a story that will be posted in its release. He will leave the company as a result and retain 10% of any lifetime sales. The content creators that sold ashes sale packages through a referral code will launch a class action lawsuit for something Steven said and promised A CASH BONUS.

It's a good-looking game.
Z8vi2i.gif

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Fyi my turtle pic just hit over 1 k views on imgur. Maybe steven should hire me too. However, the shark is the one everyone likes as the top choice.

ICON.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah they needed to show a new class. Given the time table, they seem behind in the class department. Honestly this is the class that interests me the least but I will of course watch to see what their view of a monk/berserker is. I want to see how it covers distance when dealing with range classes on cliffs.

• 1Like

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Will Steven sell his investment before or after the launch and retain 10 percent life time sale after the scandal about the referal code?