Ashes of Creation

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
This and Pantheon are the only games I'm really excited about right now. A few of us in my Guild bought the Lifetime Sub during the Kickstarter, so we'll be playing it pretty heavy. I was going to help Pantheon, but requiring a $3,000 Tier package to get the cloth map made me think, "You're on your damn own."

• 1Worf
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Duskoy

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am just hoping this game becomes something decent. Hopefully its just not all flashy and showy and has some actual depth. Good story with decent PvE and decent PvP would be a winner in this MMO scene

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I am just hoping this game becomes something decent. Hopefully its just not all flashy and showy and has some actual depth. Good story with decent PvE and decent PvP would be a winner in this MMO scene

Id kill for a decent crafting and housing system as well at this point. So far the closest thing we’ve seen to one of the better ones (EQ2) has been New World…and…well, we all know how that turned out. They’ve promised a lot with this along with other things like animal husbandry so time will tell I guess.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Id kill for a decent crafting and housing system as well at this point. So far the closest thing we’ve seen to one of the better ones (EQ2) has been New World…and…well, we all know how that turned out. They’ve promised a lot with this along with other things like animal husbandry so time will tell I guess.
Only thing that makes me unsure about this game is its pvp focus. I absolutely hated how the games (aion, AA etc.) that Shariff is basing this off of had that element of surprise PVP where whoever landed the first hit, basically wins. Never felt like there was a way to out play the person attacking you, or vice versa. Im not trying to dance with someone for five minutes, but there should at least be a chance to react and fend off an attacker.

If that works out fine - then hell ya, the crafting and town / node features look amazing. Too good to be true, almost. Which is the other fear.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
NW PvP had all kinds of outplay potential. Depending on the attacker/defender builds you can damn near come back from any deficit.

• 1Like

Daidraco

NW PvP had all kinds of outplay potential. Depending on the attacker/defender builds you can damn near come back from any deficit.
Ya, we can hope its like that. Ive fended off 3 people at once in NW - but those guys that fend off like 10 people are gods among men in NW. NW has so much promise, and is such a fucking turd at the same time its ridiculous.

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
NW promotes those gameplay moments even more so now with the arena matches and it's actually fun to watch the PVP videos ppl are putting out. I find NW's combat fun and easy to follow on a small scale, the game really excels at it. Anyways as far as AoC goes, there will be something announced in about 3 months, not sure what.

The biggest hurdle with AoC will be balancing and understanding it's own systems. They already have passion and a talented workforce so a game will be released, so production isn't an issue; wasn't for NW either(aside from the fact they had no tools for content creation, early NPCs were technically sign posts).

The biggest deal is how the game is handled after the fact. Anyway, once A2 gets started we'll be able to dissect and challenge the game's decisions more.

• 1Like

Flattop

Trakanon Raider
Is it true this guy was just a disgruntled ArcheAge guild leader before he started development? Hoping he can bring back the fun that was early ArcheAge.

Cybsled

Is it true this guy was just a disgruntled ArcheAge guild leader before he started development? Hoping he can bring back the fun that was early ArcheAge.

We fought against him in Tuco's guild. Basically he got pissed that no one liked his guild and he hated the Pirate faction. If I recall, they lost their castle and pretty much quit the game

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Yep, he was both a cash cow and a lolcow. He bought enough thunderstruck trees from my guild in Alpha to put me through college!

Daidraco

We fought against him in Tuco's guild. Basically he got pissed that no one liked his guild and he hated the Pirate faction. If I recall, they lost their castle and pretty much quit the game
That is/was PRX wasnt it? I regret not playing AA at launch - hear so many stories. I played it well after launch and noticed how cool everything was, but it was just surrounded by god awful shit.

Cybsled

AA was an amazing Mmo for like that first 6 months or so. The p2w shit started to get bad and Trion started to “normalize” vehicles in an attempt to get people to buy faster options with RMT later.

My experience in AA helped me get into
a good company in New World at least. There was a war and they wanted experienced cannon operators. I told them I mostly did that in AA and got the job

On that note, AGS needs to buff cannons. Gearflation has mostly made them an afterthought now

Daidraco

On that note, AGS needs to buff cannons. Gearflation has mostly made them an afterthought now
One of the many issues in a long list of shit that could have simply been handled for the long run by someone with some forethought. Simply : Direct Impact is flat percent of maximum health, minus defense rating calculations with a low maximum ceiling, scaling damage down progressively towards the outer ring of the impact. Or just simply.. Flat percent of total maximum HP regardless.

But its whatever, Im sure they'll figure out how to think through long term solutions eventually.

Cybsled

Either that or buff the cc/debuff potential of siege. Imagine if repeaters stacked rend on targets, or cannon shots increased cooldowns.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Either that or buff the cc/debuff potential of siege. Imagine if repeaters stacked rend on targets, or cannon shots increased cooldowns.
That'd be interesting. Hell, step it up a bit and the controlling guild can go down a build path towards different types of damage, and effects. Sort of like a talent tree. So then it would actually be worth it for attackers to do some espionage type shit. Damn bro, wish we could arm chair dev New World lul.

• 1Like

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
That is/was PRX wasnt it? I regret not playing AA at launch - hear so many stories. I played it well after launch and noticed how cool everything was, but it was just surrounded by god awful shit.
On alpha, Sharif's guild was called The White Order. Not sure if it had a different name on beta and live as they went on a different server from me.