Assassin's Creed Shadows

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's time for Ubisoft to flop another one out. This time in Feudal Japan.

It's rumored Yasuke, a black samurai will be the main character, and a female shinobi as the other.

Supposed leaked artwork.
1715727314723.png

If true, you'll probably be able to smell the ESG driven woke from a mile away on this one. They couldn't even be bothered to cast a male Japanese lead for the first AC in Japan.

• 5Faggotry
  • 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 9 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
we wuz ninjas n shieeet

FYI almost is nothing is genuinely known about Yasuke other than he was an African who traveled in the court of Nobunga for a brief period.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I always thought a japanese AC would be a must buy. But even the first thing I've learned makes me dubious

I hope they try something new instead of just open world rpg.

sukik

If they wanted to do a Black lead, why not Mali, Songhai, or some other African setting? There's plenty to choose from in that Era. Doing it in AC Japan can only be for woke points. This'll probably be a pass for me. I couldn't even make it through Valhalla and Mirage looked boring. Japan could be cool, but being this overtly woke doesn't bode well.

• 1Like

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
It's time for Ubisoft to flop another one out. This time in Feudal Japan.

It's rumored Yasuke, a black samurai will be the main character, and a female shinobi as the other.

Supposed leaked artwork.
View attachment 528815

If true, you'll probably be able to smell the ESG driven woke from a mile away on this one. They couldn't even be bothered to cast a male Japanese lead for the first AC in Japan.

Fuck off Ubisoft. People have been asking for years for AC in Japan and this is what they are doing?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
If they wanted to do a Black lead, why not Mali, Songhai, or some other African setting? There's plenty to choose from in that Era. Doing it in AC Japan can only be for woke points. This'll probably be a pass for me. I couldn't even make it through Valhalla and Mirage looked boring. Japan could be cool, but being this overtly woke doesn't bode well.
I tapped out of Valhalla when two kids were talking about a dogs preferred gender. Turned the game off 3 seconds later and never touched it again

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Wasn't this game teased a long time ago or a game very similar to it with the same black samurai in Japan? I'm getting some crazy déjà vu feelings but this thread is new.

• 1Solidarity

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Wasn't this game teased a long time ago or a game very similar to it with the same black samurai in Japan? I'm getting some crazy déjà vu feelings but this thread is new.
I don't remember that concept at all. People have been asking for a Japanese AC since AC1 though.

sukik

You might have seen it elsewhere on the internet. When I was looking at it old threads/discussions on reddit and other forums, there were rumors Yasuke would be the lead in AC:Red(Shadow's code name at the time) on threads going back 7-9 months, so this isn't completely new info on the internet. But, I didn't see an AC: Red or Shadows thread on this forum. We'll find out tomorrow, but the leaks in the last 24 hours are looking pretty convincing.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

This post from 2023 was the first time I had ever heard of Yasuke.

You may be remembering this conversation. Since you also responded to it.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
This post from 2023 was the first time I had ever heard of Yasuke. You may be remembering this conversation.

Yep, just found it too. I even responded to it then. Good to know I'm not crazy, I guess.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
time to start seeding liberals with the idea that making a game set in japan and not featuring an asian as the main protaganist is cultural appropriation in 2024. would it be ok if the Black Panther Wakanda game featured an asian black panther?

shogun did it right putting asians front and center, why can't ubisoft

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
I've bought every AC game and have wanted a feudal Japan setting for years, but this one is going to be a no from me. The premise of the game sounds horrible and the disrespect towards the historical aspect of the era based on the story of one single potential black guy in Japan is too much for me.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've bought every AC game and have wanted a feudal Japan setting for years, but this one is going to be a no from me. The premise of the game sounds horrible and the disrespect towards the historical aspect of the era based on the story of one single potential black guy in Japan is too much for me.
I haven't finished Valhalla or Origins or Mirage. At this point, I don't think I'll buy another AC game unless they really change how bloated/repetitious they've become. The greek one was fun though.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Rude

Potato del Grande
I haven't finished Valhalla or Origins or Mirage. At this point, I don't think I'll buy another AC game unless they really change how bloated/repetitious they've become. The greek one was fun though.
Odyssey seemed like a flash in the pan. I think the series declined severely starting with Unity. I bought Valhalla for 20 bucks and couldn't get through it, and I didn't even bother with what they released a year ago.

• 1Like