Assassin's Creed: Unity

an accordion_sl

shitlord
PS4/Xbone/PC

We have been working on the new Assassin's Creed for more than three years, and wanted to find the perfect time to give you an early taste of the game. Apparently though, the Templar Order was hungry to know more right now. To this, we say "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche!" ("Let them eat cake!"). Help yourself to a serving of the first official footage from the next-gen only Assassin's Creed: Unity. Stay tuned - we'll have many more exciting details for you in the future.
Not much of a trailer, but the setting looks like it'll be fucking awesome.

Kinkle_sl

shitlord
Ha, so much for Egypt or Japan.
Revolutionary France sounds fun though.

Spoilered that since it's the first comment, if people want to get it from the trailer rather than me initially.

spronk

FPS noob
i hope the protagonist dual wields baguettes and constantly surrenders

does sound fun, apparently its gonna be 3 games - one for ps4/xbone (pc too I assume), one for 360/ps3 (pc too?), and another for ?? (handhelds? tablets?)

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
All 3 are going to be the same era? That confirmed or just speculation based on AC3 and Liberation?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Revolutionary France huh.
vFny0.gif

Day 1 purchase but it's way too similar to Ezio's AC for me to be that excited.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Revolutionary France huh.

Day 1 purchase but it's way too similar to Ezio's AC for me to be that excited.
My thoughts exactly but at least it won't have any boating sequences, I hope. After having run through AC4 a second time the boating sequences started to really drag. It's really doesn't hold up that well on repeated plays.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
French Revolution should be interesting, but I do hope they're willing to hang up the sabers-and-muskets era after this; it'd be nice to see something a little more visually distinct for the next one.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
While I loved AC4 and the pirate ships, any AC that has had fireams is just a total cheesefest for 1 on 1 combat. Draw gun, fire, win. I'd love to see a game set before firearms, with more in-depth combat. French revolution won't help that

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Maybe not a Day 1 purchase for me but I'm sure I'll pick it up at some point. After being let down by Revelations and AC3, AC4 was simply phenomenal so they earned my trust back.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I never really got the stealthy assassin + gun. Give me a hand crossbow. I don't want to alert every guard within earshot, geez.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Except you have to preorder to redeem that shit.
hahaha. What a stupid gimmick.

I wonder what singleplayer options they're going to force you to be online to use this time. Ubisoft is probably the #1 company I want to avoid giving money to for all these stupid gimmicks.

spronk

FPS noob
gameplay trailer, kinda disappointed he didn't have a comical french accent

looks cool though day 0 for me. Oct 28. I still get the feeling that this will be kinda the meh one and the next one will be awesome and set in ancient Egypt or China

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Has pistols again. Loud, not very assassin like and they probably reload quick as shit again. Pet peeve about this series. Otherwise, Im kind of curious whats different in this one?

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
While I am most definitely gonna play it and love the co op feature, I am getting pretty tired of the saber / musket era as said above.

Actually, take everything about setting already posted and place it here.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
I loved everything about the Ezio trilogy, so while I'm ok with a similar setting, I'm not as excited about this one as I was about Black Flag.

The guns/muskets were always a little weird for me. The tomahawk in 3 just seemed so god damn retarded too. I mean, I remember Ezio getting stupid hammers and whatnot but I bought them for achievements and then never used them. Just too slow, but I always thought, "How is a tomahawk or giant hammer assassin-y? What, he's a native american and we gotta make sure people know it, so he has a tomahawk? Great, thanks"

The execution sequences were cool though.

I'd have loved an Egypt one; after ACII when you find out how many important events in history happened because of assassins, (Like Caeser and Cleopatra) I always wanted to check them out.