Assassin's Creed: Unity

earthfell

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ah, the old "I'll lie about taking birth control so he'll have to marry me after I get pregnant" trick.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Total Biscuit is giving this some pretty shitty reviews based on its performance on PC. Sounds like a patch is needed badly.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Almost every publication I've looked at is telling everyone to be ready for some pretty awful reviews.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
AC is like Windows releases. Every other one is good. AC 2 and AC 4 were great. AC 3 sucked. I expect this one(AC 5) to also suck. A lot of it is the settings, the American Revolution/frontier setting was boring in AC3, and the French setting in AC 5 seems about the same. Hopefully AC 6 will be back to an interesting setting

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
They blew their load with the pirates. I mean pirates and ship battles...where do you go from there, as far as 'historical' settings go?

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Steam reviews are negative as well. The kotaku review pretty much confirms my suspicions about the uninteresting Parisian setting. Looks like Rogue is not available on steam.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Feudal Japan is such an obvious choice, I hope when they do it they spend more than a year to make it.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Feudal Japan is definitely a cool setting. There needs to be something more than just the AC assassin gameplay though. That's why AC4 was so well liked, I think. The ship battles/sailing were all very cool. What do ninjas and samurai do, other than kill each other?

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Best thing about Unity coming out is hopefully Black Flag will have a nice drop on PSN, or in retail stores (PS4). I only played about a hour or two and kinda liked it, but for the right price I would love to get more in to it.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
The highest skill of samurai in combat was actually horse archery. Samurai were respected leaders. They were the noble class of Japan. The side game for Samurai seems like it should be political, governing territory. Perhaps you're given responsibility for some daimyo that are unhappy with the status quo, and have to pacify the area. Seems like they could give you a minor noble type background like Ezio had, but make actually doing your job a more significant part of the game. Have the portuguese/dutch traders be the templars?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
They did the big cock tease in 4 with the hacked emails referring to Feudal Japan. So it was either a troll or they're just trying to figure out how to make it work.

earthfell

Golden Knight of the Realm
Exactly. Samurai+Ninja (and hopefully kyuudo archers instead of rifles) is the only sensible path forward. Nobody wants to be a part of Les Miserables. The French scene could have been cool if it was during the Napoleonic wars, and you got to go to North Africa, back to the Caribbean, and other places around the globe participating in the battles. It would have kept the amazing sea battles/exploration, and would have had much more diverse and interesting environments. A game in India would also be cool, back when the Mughals still had control because they were still using elephants in battle.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Yea, I don't get the hate. This is all pre-Haussmann, so Paris should have tons of tight, dark alleyways. It should be a rogue's dream.

spronk

FPS noob
conan looks exactly like my family members when i try to explain assassins creed
frown.png

Clueless Gamer: Conan Reviews "Assassin's Creed: Unity" @ TeamCoco.com