Atlantis vs Mars

Maximis Velocity

Professional Lurker
<Silver Donator>
I have often wondered why so many people believe we should create a habitat on the moon or Mars. Eventually building off-world labs and production facilities will be key to further exploration, however, I believe we should practice here on Earth first. So many of the same obstacles found in creating a lunar habitat are also present in a submerged habitat. I would love to see science and technology focus on finding solutions in a location where if something went wrong you can get back to safety(relatively) in minutes.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I have often wondered why so many people believe we should create a habitat on the moon or Mars. Eventually building off-world labs and production facilities will be key to further exploration, however, I believe we should practice here on Earth first. So many of the same obstacles found in creating a lunar habitat are also present in a submerged habitat. I would love to see science and technology focus on finding solutions in a location where if something went wrong you can get back to safety(relatively) in minutes.

i think the pressures at deep depths can fuck up your body. didnt some chick spend x amount of days alone in an underwater experiment and she got all strange or something?

Maximis Velocity

Professional Lurker
<Silver Donator>
I think the easy solution is to provide a habitat that is deep enough storms will not bother it but shallow enough to avoid compression. I believe 300' is deep enough if I remember correctly.