Atlas Reactor (Trion's new turn based moba)

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well its trion so it launches through their portal glyph. Can't remember if I've seen rift on steam before or not, if so, its likely, otherwise probably not.

I did do the $10 pack to get instant beta access, it also gives you $10 worth in game currency, and I am really enjoying the game despite the player pool is still really small so friends and I got matched up against a team of devs and got stomped.

I like how you have a seperate elo for each character.
Atlas reactor will become available available on steam at or before launch. Barring some last minute road block this sounds like it is high on their priority list prior to launch. I have rift on steam so they do have games off of steam.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
A new support champ was added last night Dr Finn. Pretty amusing guy he is a merman looking person with robotic exoskeleton legs. Support wise played 4 games with him last night and won all but one of them so he seems pretty solid although has a lot of fish puns. One thing he lacks over other support is free action support moves/auto attack/default healing moves. His big support powers are on longish cool downs 3-4 turns depending how they are modded.

That said his powers are worthy of the cool down his heal is a cone heal spray that hits anything in the cone in his line of sight for 24. It also heals you for a lesser amount and can be modded to change it to heal you more or others more or other effects. It is pretty long range and has a LARGE cone if your team works with you this is close to a quark ult every 3 turns. His other main support ability is a bubble shield. By default it has a longish cool down of 4 turns but shields for 40 and in the blast phase hits anything adjacent to the target for 10 damage and slows them. This is stronger than even the catalyst turtletech its pretty great for keeping a dude up who otherwise is smoked or for throwing onto a charging front liner and let them maul faces with abandon.

His ult is pretty good unlike the other support no healing/shielding on it by default but its a 3x3 foot print cast over walls action that causes a huge maelstrom to appear that sucks everybody in like the black hole from helio and does 30 damage to everybody in it. Given this can be done totally with no LOS I was getting good use out of it. You can also mod it to heal you a good amount for every target hit which allows DR fin to be a pretty strong combat medic so he can sit out there and line his cone heals/damages up.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
For those interested in checking this out and I do recommend it there is a free beta weekend coming up this weekend starting friday that is open to any who wants to check it out just hit the trion site for info and client download.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am not sure if anybody here still plays atlas reactor but if you do they have brought back the razer cross promotion. Going to the link below gets you a key for 6 razer chroma themed atlas reactor skins which are all pretty damn impressive in game. I loved the three I have and this one has those original three and three new ones.

[Giveaway] Atlas Reactor - Razer Chroma Skins

So if you still play check it out 6 free sweet looking skins is a pretty good deal. I assume we will probably see another curse promotion happening as well pretty soon as they were back to back before.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I haven't played it in awhile so Kaid may be able to answer better, but back when I did play I'd say population was low, but not to a detriment(didn't take more than a few minutes at most to find a match).

I might hop in a match again, only stopped playing because I haven't been gaming with the guys I played with. If you like xcom and mobas this game is right up your alley.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pop still seems fine. I get pvp queue match making in generally 30 seconds to a minute to find a match they released ranked not to long ago and they are putting out a new game mode on their test server which should be released in a week or so. Some kind of capture the flag variant I have not had a chance to try it yet.

Overall it seems in a good spot they are pumping out new stuff every couple weeks. New front liner (tank) on test who should go live next week and should be another tank following shortly behind that one.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
For those who still play or are curious today is a new patch. New free lander front liner Phaedra is released along with a new play mode capture the briefcase mode extraction. Also it apparently is starting their Christmas festivities with some really hilarious holiday skin options.

Atlas Reactor | It’s Snowmageddon!

I think if I don't get lucky and get one I am going to have to plunk some ISO on the gremolitions slay ride skin and the snowbotman sniper nix.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
yup kinda sad but no unexpected. It is a great game that is just so hard to describe well to people that folks basically never tried it. Once it clicked it was amazing. People say they want unique games and this one was one of those rare few that was really unique.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
reminds me of Robosport.

How did I miss? I must have played hundreds of hours of Robosport as a kid. Pretty sure it was my first online game outside of chess.

I need something like this as an asynchronous game so that I can play with friends and family outside my time zone.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user