Attack on Titan (Live Action Movie)

Lenas

Trump's Staff
What a terrible movie. The entire storyline has been changed and character motivations lost. It's fucking dumb. The only redeeming character was the girl playing Hange.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yeah this was an atrocity considering the source material - I saw this and was bewildered by how bad it was and LOL@ them finding the most hideous asians to play titans

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
All I've heard from anyone who's seen the series is that the movie is (not suprisingly) garbage.

Love the series. You need to watch it (on Netflix??), Mr. Poopy Butthole, before Beth gets you.
So I go to download the pilot of the anime, and I am confronted with options for English and subtitles. I'm fine with subtitles, but if the English version is fine, I'd rather do that. General consensus?

Also, I don't watch anime or many of these types of movies, but Space Battleship Yamato was awesome, and I watch parts of it at least once a month. I'm sure this is nothing new to most of you, but it stands out to me since I actually watched the Star Blazers cartoons as a kid, and this seems like a great live-action adaptation, as opposed to (apparently, since I never watched the anime) Attack on Titan. The main girl in Yamato is absolutely gorgeous, and this is coming from someone without the yellow fever.

rrr_img_106796.jpg

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just started watching the anime myself Vvoid - the english dub seems incredibly well done. (up through ep 4 so far)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It's live action, and CGI, the japanese are pretty horrible w/ CGI and live action, why? cuz they love to use dumb young actors.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I personally watch all my anime subtitled because I absolutely hate every dub i've ever tried to watch in the past so I don't even bother any more (except DBZ, I like the dub better on that one but I haven't watched DBZ in years and years and years).

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
So I go to download the pilot of the anime, and I am confronted with options for English and subtitles. I'm fine with subtitles, but if the English version is fine, I'd rather do that. General consensus?

Also, I don't watch anime or many of these types of movies, but Space Battleship Yamato was awesome, and I watch parts of it at least once a month. I'm sure this is nothing new to most of you, but it stands out to me since I actually watched the Star Blazers cartoons as a kid, and this seems like a great live-action adaptation, as opposed to (apparently, since I never watched the anime) Attack on Titan. The main girl in Yamato is absolutely gorgeous, and this is coming from someone without the yellow fever.

rrr_img_106796.jpg
You really don't need to download it if you have Netflix.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
You really don't need to download it if you have Netflix.
True. Which one is offered on Netflix, dubs or subs?

I watched the pilot, and it was ok. I'm not much of an anime fan though, so I'm not sure if I'm really interested enough to watch it all or just watch the bastardized live action version to find out what happens. The chicks are way hotter (and of legal age) in the live action one at least.

Jimmycarterwuwu

Silver Knight of the Realm
The story line was so bad, I had to re-watch the show to make sure I was remembering it all right, I was, the movie wasn't

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I got 20 minutes into this and couldn't maintain my attention enough to read the subtitles.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yeah this was destined to be little more than a moneygrab.

Transitioning to live action is also lulz for anime. Hideo Kojima nailed it when he said the exaggerated motions and stylistic action that looks so awesome in anime ends up looking like power rangers shit on live action.