Audiobooks

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Since Galaxy’s Edge shit the bed and dropped RC Bray I decided to just go down Bray’s performance list. The first book that interested me was Crash Dive. It’s a fictional WW2 sub book and so far it does not disappoint. Bray is superb as always and it’s a fast moving series, so if you like subs/WW2 it should be a good listen.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Finished Crash Dive. Great series, well worth 1 audible credit for the set. Bray is the man.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Started Red Rising trilogy and now onto Iron Gold, could tell it was YA at the start but its actually very very good. Loving it so far.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
My Audible recap. Doing a lot of listening these days, but honestly this is probably way less than a few years ago. I've been listening to Dave and Chuck the freaks morning show on the way to work instead of books, and haven't had as much ability to listen at work. Suffice to say I enjoy Fantasy and SciFi

1641699091810.png

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
My Audible recap. Doing a lot of listening these days, but honestly this is probably way less than a few years ago. I've been listening to Dave and Chuck the freaks morning show on the way to work instead of books, and haven't had as much ability to listen at work. Suffice to say I enjoy Fantasy and SciFi

View attachment 391943
How do you sew that I would be interested in looking at mine

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
How do you sew that I would be interested in looking at mine
It was one of their random emails to me a few days ago. Though I think you can also look in the app kind of. I'm not sure if it's better on the phone, on PC it looks like this

1641712323821.png

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Book 14 Expeditionary Force is out today
I just finished it yesterday. I’m simultaneously anxiously awaiting and dreading the last book coming out in December. Expeditionary Force may not be a timeless series, but it’s very entertaining.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I just finished it yesterday. I’m simultaneously anxiously awaiting and dreading the last book coming out in December. Expeditionary Force may not be a timeless series, but it’s very entertaining.

Finished this yesterday too. Just not your yesterday... It was good, set up for the finale should be good. At this point it isn't even annoying that every time they do something it will result in Skippy being over confident and screwing up. If it were any other series I'd probably be annoyed by this point, but RC Bray makes it worth listening. Not sure I'd last trying to read the series. As an audiobook series though it is still 9/10 overall.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Finished this yesterday too. Just not your yesterday... It was good, set up for the finale should be good. At this point it isn't even annoying that every time they do something it will result in Skippy being over confident and screwing up. If it were any other series I'd probably be annoyed by this point, but RC Bray makes it worth listening. Not sure I'd last trying to read the series. As an audiobook series though it is still 9/10 overall.
100% relatable and I thought the exact same thing. The narrative style is pretty formulaic at this point, but it's entertaining, so fuck it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Every book definitely follows the exact same formula, but the character writing and narrating is great. I'm also super sure at this point that he writes characters fully aware of the fact that it's RC Bray narrating them, so he can do things that probably don't come off well in text. The new series has some of this with characters too (there is a talking dog and a 6 inch djinn)

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm in a couple book groups on Fagbook and one of the complaints I read about Ex Force is that there is too much dialogue between Bishop and Skippy. I don't know what the fuck is wrong with that person but they should be ashamed of themselves for uttering something so stupid. Some of the best parts of the series is the dialogue between those 2.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Listening to The Baroque Cycle. So much info dump.

Does have funny moments, like when Jack advises his sons of the various places in the world (all awful) they could find their fortune. They could go fight for the Turks, join the pirates of Malabar, look for a compatriot in NA if the Comanches haven't turned him to mocassins. He then states that he does not recommend they go to Japan. Lol.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'm in a couple book groups on Fagbook and one of the complaints I read about Ex Force is that there is too much dialogue between Bishop and Skippy. I don't know what the fuck is wrong with that person but they should be ashamed of themselves for uttering something so stupid. Some of the best parts of the series is the dialogue between those 2.
It's the whole reason to listen to the series lol

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I recommend all of the Dresden Files audio books.

James Marsters is a very good narrator.

They are great listening for runs and cycle rides and long drives. Very entertaining candy for the brain. All of them are good. Some of them are very good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm trying to get through the Ian Esselmont books and just keep dreading them, I really love the added malazan world building but I can't decide if he is a shit writer or if i just absolutely fucking hate the narrator. Gonna give reading it myself a try and hope it is better that way. A bad voice actor can really ruin books, I have put off any more stormlight because the femail voice for the 3rd book was so unbearable.