Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
comparison wise i lean more toward dances with wolves personally. hell i remember back when the movie first came out, a lot of people were saying its like dances with wolves,, just in spaaaace.

DWW comparison:
white man alone in native land- check
falls in love with native- check
fights "his" people- check
stays with natives over his people

pocahantas had none of that really- from the female perspective there is similarities but significantly less than dances does.

It's Pocahontas in Space, not Dances with Wolves in Space

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Plot synposis from Wikipedia...

"13 years after the events of the original film, Jake Sully and Neytiri have formed a family and are doing anything to stay together. They are, however, forced to leave their home and explore the different regions of Pandora when an old threat returns to finish what it started."

Seems like it is going to have the same themes/characters/conflict from the first film.

I expect a dud.

• 1Direct to DVD

Cybsled

"13 years after the events of the original film, Jake Sully and Neytiri have formed a family and are doing anything to stay together. They are, however, forced to leave their home and explore the different regions of Pandora when an old threat returns to finish what it started."

Seems like it is going to have the same themes/characters/conflict from the first film.

I expect a dud.

Ya, on the surface it sounds like Avatar 1 a lot, except now you jump straight into a clearly defined conflict.

Realistically, though, humans would wipe the floor when they came back. We lost? We know what caused that loss? Ok let’s build an army and steamroll them.

The only thing that would create a slightly held back response is if certain attack types would destroy the ore, or if some old CEO wants to uncover the secret of mind transferring to unlock immortality. That 2nd thing would be some Altered Carbon level shit and would be more valuable than the ore unto itself.

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ya, on the surface it sounds like Avatar 1 a lot, except now you jump straight into a clearly defined conflict.

Realistically, though, humans would wipe the floor when they came back. We lost? We know what caused that loss? Ok let’s build an army and steamroll them.

The only thing that would create a slightly held back response is if certain attack types would destroy the ore, or if some old CEO wants to uncover the secret of mind transferring to unlock immortality. That 2nd thing would be some Altered Carbon level shit and would be more valuable than the ore unto itself.

Who knows maybe they will pull a Hawaii and the corporates from the first will go back to America and claim the blue monkeys are slaughtering their people. The glorious UN will show up with the space marines and take over the planet before turning the entire thing into a space pineapple plantation.

• 1Worf

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Who knows maybe they will pull a Hawaii and the corporates from the first will go back to America and claim the blue monkeys are slaughtering their people. The glorious UN will show up with the space marines and take over the planet before turning the entire thing into a space pineapple plantation.
Thats not what happened in Hawaii though.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Dole plantation has such a charming little train ride. And just think, the Pineapples you're eating on the main land are from South America. The land is way less expensive than Hawaii, and it's much easier to transport to you. They sell the locally grown stuff at the stores and super markets all over. Rarely we get Hawaiian grown Watermelon also.

Cybsled

I've never been, but people I know who went to Hawaii said Pineapple is much better over there.

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
There's this book can't seem to remember, I believe it was written by a Russian author, it's about man colonizing these planets in one system and thriving on it while Earth goes to the shitter and demands that these planets take in refugees, the other planets agree but only those with either the money and willingness to support themselves, this pisses off Earth and they to war and lost.

My point is that it would be interesting in this series to explore other parts of space, other planets that man has colonized successfully and how an overpopulated and polluted Earth wants to dump its problems on that colony.

That would be interesting but no its going back to Dances With Wolves expect with blue cats.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Nuke the treehugging blue monkeys from Orbit.

The End.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm

I expect a dud.
Wow... Such an interesting synopsis.... Not!

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I cant wait for the terrible children subplots. I hope they all get space measles and die out.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
comparison wise i lean more toward dances with wolves personally. hell i remember back when the movie first came out, a lot of people were saying its like dances with wolves,, just in spaaaace.

DWW comparison:
white man alone in native land- check
falls in love with native- check
fights "his" people- check
stays with natives over his people

pocahantas had none of that really- from the female perspective there is similarities but significantly less than dances does.
Gonna be nitpicky here cause I love me some dances with wolves, Costner falls in love with a white chick who was adopted by the natives.

• 1Like

Goatface

https://i.redd.it/melp869nbq681.jpg

Sevens

Log Wizard
Avatar was the most worthless "White man bad" "Noble Natives" virtue signaling piece of shit movie there ever was. This movie sucked green donkey dicks from start to finish, god damn I hate this worthless shit fest.

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
As long as it's in 3D, I'm down. Who am I kidding, I'll watch it regardless. A few times if it's in 3D.

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pandora setting is quite boring, there should be more scenes of cyberpunk Earth

• 1Like