Juvarisx

Florida
Interesting, I've seen two other industry sites list 435, so I wonder what's going on.

My best guess is they do real time tracking on mojo, that article was at 9am eastern

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
My best guess is they do real time tracking on mojo, that article was at 9am eastern
I'm pretty sure that's not true, especially given it's only the international numbers that are different. Those numbers should be coming from the studios themselves, which is why everybody reports exactly the same number (mojo is the exception here). I think it's just a mistake.

Guess we'll see in less than a day's time. Being off by over 50 million from an international Sunday estimate is pretty much unheard of.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thursday numbers were $50M so maybe they cut that out for "weekend" numbers on some sites?

Hollywood accounting is going to include it of course.

DickTrickle

The pre-sales aren't missing from the domestic so that would be strange. And it's definitely the accepted practice to always combine Thursday into Friday grosses for the "Friday" releases.

I did see on one Twitter thread that maybe they were only reporting 52 markets of the 72 highest markets, so that could be it, but it could just be it's not released yet in those 20. Still, all the major markets are in the breakdown for the 300 estimate so I don't know.

Edit: All that being said, it has basically no competition, so it seems like 1.5 is inevitable. 2 billion, maybe. I don't think it will have the same kind of microscopic drops as avatar 1 but since it's starting so much higher it doesn't need to.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
any time some faggot asks me if ive seen avatar 2, i tell them that i don't support native american genocide and i stand with AJKAqjrkjlasdljQoriuerlkjASLkjwerioj over here

the only blueface i support is gargamel going down on smurfette

• 6Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
any time some faggot asks me if ive seen avatar 2, i tell them that i don't support native american genocide and i stand with AJKAqjrkjlasdljQoriuerlkjASLkjwerioj over here

the only blueface i support is gargamel going down on smurfette
lol. indigiqueer and trans. Indigenous bitch has gone full commie, does she know marx was a white man?
Screenshot_20221218_221523_Twitter.jpg

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Holy shit, the dialogue for this movie is amazingly bad, visually great but this is a drinking movie.

I dare anyone to take a shot everytime someone says bro

.highlight of the movie
bad white man walks up and punches the dragon bird in the face and says let's do this

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Holy shit, the dialogue for this movie is amazingly bad, visually great but this is a drinking movie.

.highlight of the movie
bad white man walks up and punches the dragon bird in the face and says let's do this
Now you know what it's like living in Hawaii. Fucking EVERYONE says bro about everything. They call my daughter bro, a whole group of girls call each other bro. It's pathetic. LEARN MORE WORDS!

DickTrickle

.highlight of the movie
James Cameron gets sucked off awfully hard sometimes but his last three films had pretty lame scripts and far worse dialogue. It's like his storytelling suffers as his technical prowess grows. I can only imagine if he was able to pair up with a genuinely good writer again.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

James Cameron gets sucked off awfully hard sometimes but his last three films had pretty lame scripts and far worse dialogue. It's like his storytelling suffers as his technical prowess grows. I can only imagine if he was able to pair up with a genuinely good writer again.
I will not recommend seeing thing movie unless you can have fun with how bad it is. I want to see it again just to write down how many bad lines there is, and tally up the number of " Bros".

I might be wrong but I think there was "Bro! That was sick Bro!" With the naked booty cat people

The evil white space Marines had such terrible dialogue, I can't wait until the shit gets edited together to show how fucking terrible it is.

Oh and this movie loves showing blue cat ass, no shoes or anything just ass floss. Every blu cat pretty much looked like a flat assed anorexic model regardless of how strong they were. If your the strongest you have the body of Taylor swift

Oh and yes free willy happens in this movie and he fucks shit up. Apparently they needed to go to the bass pro shop before going to the planet because they have no idea where anything is

Last edited:

Homsar

Ending my rant or take on this, the 3d felt worse from the original. The whole underwater bs and making actors hold their breath and do whatever was worthless. You can't tell the characters apart most of the time and then the entire plot makes 0 sense from any standpoint.

I guess I missed the dialogue but the Mission was to kill Jake because he controlled all the tribes on Pandora but he has no idea and never met with anyone

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
alt+f4 after ~40min. Too dumb, dialog is atrocius, too much kiddie shit. Apparently not for me. Didn't feel like muting it and watching the CGI the remaining 2h+.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Yeah, watching a cam rip is kind of missing the point. If you're not going to see it in a legit theater it's just not good enough otherwise.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Many of my acquaintances who are stoked about avatar 2 are waiting for the Christmas vacations to go see the movie in the theater - I guess I'll see it also.
What are you guys calling a poor script ? an simple, straight forward story without many twists and turns, or just a poorly told story ?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I am familiar with a couple Cameron movies and thought there was way more feature films that I didnt know about and maybe should check out.

Nope: this dude's entire career is 2 terminators, aliens, true lies and titanic and now this lifelong Avatar boondoggle. Dont bring up The Abyss.

Anyways how gay is the sequel? From the trailers it basically looks like a cartoon at this point

• 2Picard

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was a good movie just so dang long. I will never watch it again. The accents of the boys were awful. They even did a flashback of one of them as a kid and he had no accent lol.
It breezed by for me; didn't have to piss once

Goonsquad Officer
I liked it. Felt the story was better than avatar 1 ( bot a high bar i guess). Fights looked clear and varied. Beautiful as expected. Didn't see 3d

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I am familiar with a couple Cameron movies and thought there was way more feature films that I didnt know about and maybe should check out.

Nope: this dude's entire career is 2 terminators, aliens, true lies and titanic and now this lifelong Avatar boondoggle. Dont bring up The Abyss.

Anyways how gay is the sequel? From the trailers it basically looks like a cartoon at this point

You seriously putting down that resume of movies? Holy shit.

• 2Like