Aldarion

Egg Nazi
ya know, my heifers sometimes mount each other when one is in heat. but when the bull came around there was no hesitation.

Animals arent gay, thats fucking retarded. They're just dumb animals rubbing their fun bits together cause it feels good.

Anyone who thinks animals are gay got that opinion from reading it in a book, and no one ever formed that opinion from watching actual animals interact.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Stats / Math / Predictions -

Avatar is now 13th All-Time, Worldwide
Passing BP and Avengers Age of Ultron
Should pass Frozen II later this week

Looking at the Original Release of Avatar (Domestic Only)
Avatar 2 is in 750 more theaters, it is also averaging more $ per theater (~$200 per day each theater)
Avatar 1 was in 3452 theaters vs Avatar 2 in 4202

Avatar 1 dropped below 1K theaters after 98 days, and had its last $1M+ Weekend on Days 99-101 (Fri-Sun).
Day 101 will be March 26th for Avatar 2

Ant-Man releases Feb 17th, which is highly noted as the next real competition for Avatar.
That will be 63 days of low competition.

If each day is -35% from same day previous week, by the time Ant-Man releases, Avatar 2 will amass ~$715M domestically.
Chart:
@ -40% = $670M
@ -35% = $715M
@ -30% = $773M
@ -25% = $843M

So Mid-Feb with 670-770M Domestic, if that's 30% of total, WW total Mid-Feb would be ~$2.2B - $2.55B
Which would pass Titanic for 3rd All-Time Worldwide, and firmly in the Top 10 Domestic. (Above Titanic (8th = $659M) & Below Avatar (4th = $785M), ironically)

It would need to amass another $300-$500Million after Mid-Feb to try and hit that Top 2 All-Time mark.
Avatar 1 only amassed $50 Million in Days 68-101, and another $10 Million Days 102-234

TL;DR
Final Prediction: Avatar 2 will be 3rd Worldwide, just edging out Titanic, and still 100s of millions away from Endgame/Avatar 1

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
ya know, my heifers sometimes mount each other when one is in heat. but when the bull came around there was no hesitation.

Animals arent gay, thats fucking retarded. They're just dumb animals rubbing their fun bits together cause it feels good.

Anyone who thinks animals are gay got that opinion from reading it in a book, and no one ever formed that opinion from watching actual animals interact.
Homo behavior is common among bonobos and extremely rare among chimps. Former being a society run by women and latter being a highly masculine and militarized (in ape terms) society. Sounds like homos are a product of culture and is a fault of the 19th amendment, sexual revolution and female "liberation" all known as toxic femininity. Also, still havent watched this movie because I saw it 20 years ago and it was dull back then too.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
the thing that really sucks is now avatar 3-6 are locked and cameron will spend the rest of his life making this furry shit

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

To be honest, anything post Avatar 3 will be up in the air. 3 was already filmed. If they see large diminishing returns on 3 compared to 2, then I suspect they will re-evaluate bankrolling another 3 and they will scale it back.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There are plenty of idiots on social media defending the story, some even calling it better than Top Gun, but they rarely crawl out into the light of day and simply hand Cameron their money.

• 1Worf

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
There are plenty of idiots on social media defending the story, some even calling it better than Top Gun, but they rarely crawl out into the light of day and simply hand Cameron their money.
That's an odd benchmark to use for this film's defense lol. Top Gun was probably my favorite movie of 2022, but the story/plot wasn't why by any means. I guess I'm glad the story didn't revolve around Maverick's transition to womanhood or something, but the highlight by far was the action and flight scenes.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Adjusted for inflation, Gone with the Wind is still #1

Highest-grossing films as of 2021 adjusted for inflation
RankTitleWorldwide gross
(2021 $)
Year
1Gone with the Wind$3,922,000,0001939
2AvatarA$3,505,000,0002009
3TitanicT$3,260,000,0001997
4Star Wars$3,221,000,0001977
5Avengers: EndgameAE$2,960,000,0002019
6The Sound of Music$2,697,000,0001965
7E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial$2,634,000,0001982
8The Ten Commandments$2,493,000,0001956
9Doctor Zhivago$2,363,000,0001965
10Star Wars: The Force AwakensTFA$2,330,000,0002015

Some actual good movies on this adjusted for inflation list. I'm glad Doctor Zhivago did so well. It's a great movie about the horrors of Bolshevikism in the 1920's that more people in the modern era should see.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
To be honest, anything post Avatar 3 will be up in the air. 3 was already filmed. If they see large diminishing returns on 3 compared to 2, then I suspect they will re-evaluate bankrolling another 3 and they will scale it back.

I hope Avatar 3 has a decline / shows diminishing returns simply because I don't think we need more than 3 of these. Make it a really solid trilogy and call it a day. Cameron is too good to spend the rest of his career turning Avatar into a bi-yearly franchise where we're getting Avatar 9 in 2036.

What I really want is for Cameron to return to the Terminator franchise and do a couple movies telling the story of John Connor winning the war against the machines. A "prequel trilogy" to T1 and T2. It'd be nice to see a Terminator trilogy that A) Lasts more than one movie and B) Is actually good. Salvation tried to be the start of such a thing but it was in the wrong hands.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This is a damned good point.

There is no impact on social media from this movie, not that I can see anyways.

I would suggest that it's some form of money laundering scheme but film production being used for such purposes is too outlandish.
its probably because the movie going audience is a bunch of retards for the most part. fear of missing out is real. they go see this movie because they feel like if they dont then they missed something. when commercials for this start with "Avatar 2 is the biggest movie of the millenia, go see it NOW while you still can,." idiots run for the theater and pay double what the it cost to see Avatar original in 2009.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
A glimpse of what's planned for the sequels:

So what can audiences expect to see as the “Avatar” franchise moves forward? Cameron previously told France’s “20 Minutes” that “Avatar 3″ will explore “different cultures from those I have already shown,” adding, “The fire will be represented by the ‘Ash People.’ I want to show the Na’vi from another angle because, so far, I have only shown their good sides.”

“In the early films, there are very negative human examples and very positive Na’vi examples,” the director continued. “In ‘Avatar 3,’ we will do the opposite.”

Producer Jon Landau told Gizmodo that once the “Avatar” franchise reaches “Avatar 5,” the story will feature some Na’vi characters coming to Earth. He said, “In [‘Avatar 5’] there is a section of the story where we go to Earth. And we go to it to open people’s eyes, open Neytiri’s eyes, to what exists on Earth. Earth is not just represented by the RDA [the franchise’s evil organization known as the Resources Development Administration]. Just like you’re defined by the choices you make in life, not all humans are bad. Not all Na’vi are good. And that’s the case here on Earth. And we want to expose Neytiri to that.”

Source:

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
The next one will involve the hoomans spreading a super virus call the "omegacron delta 19" onto the navi and that getting vaxxed is the only way to combat it.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
After only four weeks of release, “The Way of Water” has generated $517 million in North America and $1.19 billion overseas. At the international box office, it’s now the fifth-highest movie, behind only “Avatar,” “Avengers: Endgame,” “Titanic” and “Avengers: Infinity War.”
Now #7 on the list with a 30/70 split

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Watched it today cause we had nothing to do. It was visually pretty, like the first. Watched it in 3D cause that’s what the kid voted for, second movie I’ve ever seen in 3D. I don’t really care for it overall but there some cool looking scenes. Very nice machinery and weaponry visuals. The characters and story sucked. Villains were cartoonishly over the top bad for no reason again. Whale brain juice was stupid. Everything was very predictable. Free Willy was funny. Not sure why that took so long to make, sure it had a lot of CGI but jeez. They sure did cuss way more than the first movie. Also wasn’t really sure why the kid was helping the bads so much, then saved the bad at the end…that was just retarded. How about come up with a better villain for part 3. Perhaps a new tribe that’s tired of jake sullys shit.

6 or 7 out of 10. Entertaining and boring at the same time.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Saw this with Wifey Saturday night. I liked it. Nothing ground breaking story wise but I like how they did the water stuff. Same as what Jake Sully went through in the 1st movie but now via water and a little different approach. I have a feeling that a LOT of this is world building taking preference over earth shattering story and to do so means we will get a cliche Protag/Villain type of trope line. I have a feeling shit is really going to start hitting the fan in 3, culinating an an epic all out war between Earth and the Navi in 5.

I have not read much about what planet they are on but it always seems Jupiter is in the background and it makes me wonder if they are on some type of Moon of Jupiter.

Cybsled

Pandora is a moon around a gas giant, but it takes place in a different solar system. The system can’t be that far since they can only go like .3 or .4c in the movies and the transit times one way are only like 4-5 years or whatever

• 1Like