Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I mean, even outside of the weird SJW shit...You knew they were going to write her poorly when they flat out said "she's the most powerful". As if her power equates to some special part of her. If the MCU taught anyone anything its that the most powerful characters can be the least useful or interesting. It just showed a myopic view of her, a really obtuse view that people generally OUTSIDE of comics have as a stereotype of comic nerds "Durr, if she's powerful it means she's good and they will like her!". In the comics though, Danvers got clowned really easily by Hulk and Thor, no problem. Hulk actually let her punch herself out hitting him before he laughed and knocked her out in a single punch. She's strong in the comics, but not nearly as strong as they are making her in the MCU. Which is weird, because in general, characters NORTH of iron man levels, have been toned DOWN, while characters south of Iron Man, have been beefed up some--to create a more homogeneous group. Which was a really wise move that has allowed the stories to be more cohesive and I'm baffled they broke it with Marvel. (Because if any "girl power" cast member is actually strongest it would be Scarlet Witch, who in the comics would pretty much rape everyone but King Thor and some versions of Dr Strange.)

Anyway, only chance they have of redeeming her is if they actually weaken her and make her genuinely struggle, and slowly regain her confidence/power. Make her depend on others for that process. Essentially do to her what they did to Spider Man the past two films. Starting her at the apex of her power was...a huge mistake and felt pretty obtuse, seemed like they only did it to shoe horn her into the finale so she could be the 'bridge' to the next Avengers (Which clearly was supposed to be Spider Man and Black Panther's roles), and they need to find a way to walk that back, and get her to grow on screen.

OR they can introduce the Xmen by having new Rogue suck the bitch's power out and just use Rogue as a stand in for her, with Rogue going through the above process of learning and growing because she doesn't know how to control the powers or whatever.

Scarlet Witch and CM were the only ones that fought Thanos to a standstill. With CM Thanos took the power stone and blasted her with it, and with SW he had the ship start firing or he'd have probably been toast.

With CM I like the explanation that she's out taking care of other worlds, but when she shows up she's very powerful. It's the only way they're going to get away from "well just wait till CM shows up..." which will probably happen anyway.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Seen an interview with Anthony Mackie where he was saying that the main focus of The Falcon and Winter Soldier is that Steve Rogers may have thought that Sam WIlson should be the next Captain America but the government doesnt agree.

I figured that when they cast U.S. Agent.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Scarlet Witch and CM were the only ones that fought Thanos to a standstill. With CM Thanos took the power stone and blasted her with it, and with SW he had the ship start firing or he'd have probably been toast.

With CM I like the explanation that she's out taking care of other worlds, but when she shows up she's very powerful. It's the only way they're going to get away from "well just wait till CM shows up..." which will probably happen anyway.

CM was in Binary mode which is why she was supposed to be super badass. They haven't really explained her Binary mode at all though it's not an on all the time thing. Scarlet Witch going toe to toe doesn't bother me cuz she is one of the most powerful people in the Marvel Universe.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
CM was in Binary mode which is why she was supposed to be super badass. They haven't really explained her Binary mode at all though it's not an on all the time thing. Scarlet Witch going toe to toe doesn't bother me cuz she is one of the most powerful people in the Marvel Universe.
Binary is a construct of the patriarchy you Nazi

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Popcorn
Reactions: 6 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Was fat Thor supposed to be weaker? That was the impression I got. I felt like Ragnarok / Infinity War Thor would have whipped Thanos.. ??? Except he got his ass kicked at beginning of Infinity War.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Was fat Thor supposed to be weaker? That was the impression I got. I felt like Ragnarok / Infinity War Thor would have whipped Thanos.. ??? Except he got his ass kicked at beginning of Infinity War.

He wasn't necessarily weaker, just out of shape/depressed.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
cable is a top tier psychic, but almost all of his psychic powers is used up holding back the techno-organic virus.

It's the same with fat Thor. He's using a significant portion of his power braiding his beard

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Wait, US Agent is the name of a Marvel superhero? I guess good ole Stan was hung over that day.

• 1Picard

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Where's Mockingbird,

15433.jpg

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
US Agent is a knock-off Captain America. Very similar costume. I remember having a comic series starring him a long time ago. He was hanged, but his neck muscles were strong enough that he was able to flex and prevent his windpipe from getting closed. God damn, that series was from '93. I can't believe I remember it.

clean.jpg

Last edited:

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
US Agent is a knock-off Captain America. Very similar costume. I remember having a comic series starring him a long time ago. He was hanged, but his neck muscles were strong enough that he was able to flex and prevent his windpipe from getting closed. God damn, that series was from '93. I can't believe I remember it.

clean.jpg

There's a man who leads a life of danger
To everyone he meets he stays a stranger
With every move he makes another chance he takes
Odds are he won't live to see tomorrow

U.S. agent man, U.S. Asian man
They've given you a number and taken away your name

I hope they make him Asian!

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Maybe John Cena can be like Kumail and use those Marvel bucks to finally get jacked!

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Looks like it's going to be John Cena. Not Asian.

Wyatt Russel:

160317-stern-russell-tease_st7b7z

is the guy that has been cast as US Agent. He's even named for all 6 episodes on IMDB. That John Cena is an older rumor probably just popped up again.

• 2Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
WCA Assemble!

At this rate the Great Lakes Avengers will be an animated show by 2024.

That said, as much as I am predisposed to favor Kurt Russell's kid, him constantly trying to take over the title / shield because 'White people say Captain America can't be black!" would be the most tiresome plotline possible.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

That said, as much as I am predisposed to favor Kurt Russell's kid, him constantly trying to take over the title / shield because 'White people say Captain America can't be black!" would be the most tiresome plotline possible.

Mr. Immortal was awesome.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

Pretty sure they've already said 'Cap cant be black' is already going to be a major theme of the show.