Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Brad2770

Since most of us have really nice surround sound systems, would you guys pay Pay Per View prices for a movie like this to watch at home opening day? $99.00 for this movie or so.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
AMC is toast. Got as far as selecting seats at one point but the whole transaction system is down now.

We have a nice home theater with 9 recliners in three rows. We would absolutely pay $100 to screen it at home.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Yeah, eventually that will be the future...$100 for rent...and theaters will become vintage and show older movies

gak

<Gold Donor>
If it's a time jump to Endgame I hope they show Thanos has been using the time stone like Dr. Strange to just loop the same 3 seconds for 10 years:

t.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
$100 to rent this...gtfo. Entertainment is getting cheaper, not the other way around. That's a good way to price yourself out of the market.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Just got my ticket for 9PM Thursday to the nearest AMC. Had to wait in the 50min queue a 2nd time (Fandango) took 2 more tries at the purchase screen until it finally went through, that's after battling to get to the Seat reservation page. Shit is totally fucked but I'm almost dead center of the theater.

Regarding PPV: $100 is too cheap as long as theaters can charge $15-20 per ticket. You'll have viewing parties with 20+ people.
Movies like this would need to charge a lot more. Plus DVR means no re-watch revenue.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Was half planning on seeing this opening night, but fuck that. Will probably wait a week at least until it calms down. Nothing worse than sitting next to a bunch of hyper nerds gasping every time one of their favorite superheroes comes on screen.

I took my wife to see the Last Jedi opening night, and the guy next to my wife was having a fucking conniption every time Luke started talking.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not avoiding assholes in the movie theater just so I can invite them into my house for a higher price. I can't scratch my balls in front of people, even if I like them. Gotta cleanup beforehand and then afterwards because wife. Can't wear pajamas. 20 people don't fit in most people's living rooms.

Nah bro.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
There is a value to the movie going experience itself. The atmosphere created by other people around you, and the space occupied by them and yourself, affects the entire experience. Watching shit in your living room is a totally different thing. To me its not worth comparing the two on a purely financial scale.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Sure, I can agree with that. I doubt the people that value such an experience would be able to generate an overall profit at that price point though.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I hope theaters never die. Going to the movies is one of my most absolute favorite things.

• 5Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Woke up late, didn't have to deal with the bullshit and got Friday night decent seats. Believe in the server issues, they will help you out.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
So this happened when trying to buy tickets this morning...

Screenshot_20190402-092614_Chrome.jpg

Picked that third row seat, got to the check out page, logged into my account, clicked purchase.... Got a timeout/error response. Clicked purchase again, same response. Refreshed back to the seat selection...

Screenshot_20190402-093042_Chrome.jpg

FUCK.

So I load up the site on my PC, load up my account and... It registered the purchase against my account!

20190402_095105.jpg

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
AMC is completely down now and 3rd parties are locked out. From reports on Twitter it seems that in the server crush they managed to sell the same reserved seats multiple times.

• 1Worf

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
There is a value to the movie going experience itself. The atmosphere created by other people around you, and the space occupied by them and yourself, affects the entire experience. Watching shit in your living room is a totally different thing. To me its not worth comparing the two on a purely financial scale.
I agree with you and enjoy the theater atmosphere a lot. On the other hand just look at the the youtube reaction videos for GoT, sports, and other in home events. People are getting pretty good at making the home viewing experience good too. There is a price point that would make this work and $100 sounds like a decent starting point to me.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Was half planning on seeing this opening night, but fuck that. Will probably wait a week at least until it calms down. Nothing worse than sitting next to a bunch of hyper nerds gasping every time one of their favorite superheroes comes on screen.

I took my wife to see the Last Jedi opening night, and the guy next to my wife was having a fucking conniption every time Luke started talking.
I think the energy and excitement "in the air" is what makes opening nights good... then again I'm not a misanthrope like some of ya (not saying that YOU are in particular, just saying) LoL.

Also it significantly minimizes yourself from accidentally being spoilered the sooner you see it... you don't have to play the self-quarantine game online with yourself and also, I don't trust dumbfuck FB friends from being too wordy about this and that and/or reposting spoilery shit just to be the first ones talking about this and that.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Got hosed for thursday tickets but barely managed to get some good back row seats Friday at 10:55 at the iMax nearby.