Avengers: Endgame (2019)

spronk

FPS noob
i dont understand the need to be "first!" to see this. i mean i will see it eventually, its going to be in a million theaters. could probably just wait for a weekday showing and watch it in an almost empty theater. its not summer yet so the kiddies will be at school. hell, you could probably get a good seat on an early saturday showing.

one of my favorite movie memories in the past decade is the ending of Infinity War, opening night theater people are dressed up (in costume and just in tuxes and dresses) and the crowd has been loud the entire movie, cheering and yelling whenever Thor or Thanos or Spidey does awesome shit.

Thanos does the snap. The entire theater falls dead silent for the next 2 minutes. It was creepy and weird as fuck and goddamn awesome. Women were crying as people walked out.

• 8Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
i think the last movie i saw on opening was Crank: High Voltage, cuz i knew it was going to be good and there wouldnt be a lot of kids or faggots in there. i really dont like a crowded theater, i always end up catching a cold because some dirty motherfucker decided to see the same movie i wanted to see and sit in back of me to cough out their last breath.
We have a theater with massive leather recliners, and huge aisles, so even in a sold out show it doesn't feel packed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
one of my favorite movie memories in the past decade is the ending of Infinity War, opening night theater people are dressed up (in costume and just in tuxes and dresses) and the crowd has been loud the entire movie, cheering and yelling whenever Thor or Thanos or Spidey does awesome shit.

Thanos does the snap. The entire theater falls dead silent for the next 2 minutes. It was creepy and weird as fuck and goddamn awesome. Women were crying as people walked out.
i admit, it can be fun, i saw Phantom Menace on the wednesday before the opening weekend at a midnight showing on Staten Island, people were cheering when the opening credits started. people were like OMG Star Wars is back! everyone must have snuck in 6packs of beer. then Jar Jar walks out onto the screen......

dead silence from then on. when it was over, we all walked out very somber and quiet. back in the car i tried to talk about the movie with my friends. one turned around and said, "lets never speak of this again."

but yeah, it can be a lot of fun.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I swear to god this board is nothing but faggots who watch shit without actually watching it. Everyone literally misses everything. Even plainly spelled out dialogue.

“Hey guys i was just watchingbgame of thrones season 1 and it’s almost like they were hinting Cersei and Jaime were incestuous from the start?!?!?!??”

Preach.

SeanDoe1z1

When I read things like this I realize I'm Dennis. I just can't make that connection to a movie.

I'm going to have to wait a bit to see this. Son is younger and need to find a matinee time. As far as renting is that really an option?? I work w/ VOD content and the big contracts are absolutely crazy about their metadata and their encryption. Shit would be free P2P instantly.

• 1Worf

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Only reason I want to see this immediately is to avoid spoilers. Otherwise I'd just wait. Fuck theatres.

• 1Like

SeanDoe1z1

Assuming you are not in US. Do they not have those kushy lazy boy theater seats where you live?

Maybe I'm spoiled where I'm at. 90 % of the theaters are lazy boy seating w/ recliners. Probably upped my movie going 3-4x throughout the year.

Best example I could find.

edit, I've tried that "4D" BS before. It was alright, kinda felt like a cheap universal studios experience.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The point at which it shits the bed, imho, is when they bring in that stupid fucking kid.
Ok, just finished watching Iron Man 3. I was tired last night so shut it off early for sleep reasons.
After all is said and done, while the kid was a dumb addition to the movie, I didn't hate him that much.

The movie continued being good with some bad tossed around. I didn't like that they made the badass Mandarin into an actor. It made sense with the overall plot of the movie, but still bad.

Next up... The biggest issue I had was how incredibly weak all of the new suits were. They fell apart left and right. Tony would never make a cheaply made Chinese knockoff Iron Man armor. They had no defense... Useless. Then there was Super Pots. They didn't really need to add the entire of her character. Nothing wrong with being Tony's girlfriend Pots.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
The “bad” marvel films are only that bad because the “good” are amomg the best action/adventure films of all time (top 25).

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Assuming you are not in US. Do they not have those kushy lazy boy theater seats where you live?

Maybe I'm spoiled where I'm at. 90 % of the theaters are lazy boy seating w/ recliners. Probably upped my movie going 3-4x throughout the year.

View attachment 202078

edit, I've tried that "4D" BS before. It was alright, kinda felt like a cheap universal studios experience.

this.

I didn't even bother with IMAX this time because the seating is inferior to another theater with lazboy/recliner seating. Also IMAX is a further drive for me.

i admit, it can be fun, i saw Phantom Menace on the wednesday before the opening weekend at a midnight showing on Staten Island, people were cheering when the opening credits started. people were like OMG Star Wars is back! everyone must have snuck in 6packs of beer. then Jar Jar walks out onto the screen......

dead silence from then on. when it was over, we all walked out very somber and quiet. back in the car i tried to talk about the movie with my friends. one turned around and said, "lets never speak of this again."

What a sour-puss.

Phantom Menace is bad but I refuse to believe your theater went quiet and you all were pissed at the end. I remember being hyped from Darth Maul and ready for the next one. The theater was NOT quiet for me and in general people enjoyed it. It really wasn't until EMO-Anakin ruined the next 2 that the whole prequel trilogy got shit on. Phantom Menace was probably the best of the prequels. I have 3 main gripes: Anakin too young, Midichlorians, Jar Jar. Not enough to absolutely silence a movie. Darth Maul is still a standout character from the prequels.

Based on your grumblings the past 24 hours, I think you're doing everyone else a favor by not going.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

fris

Vyemm Raider
Deffinate upside to more expensive ticket prices are less fuck boys in the theater. No one close enough to kick the back of your seat. No one brings a crying baby, etc. Only way I would go to a normal theater would be during the day, week day, and hope it would vee empty. And even then, I wouldn't go somewhere I couldn't pick and reserve mt seat before

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

Star Wars really has been a 20 year funeral!

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I'm pretty much gonna have to go dark from when I get off work Thursday til I see it on Friday afternoon

This is my situation as well. The Thursday showings sold out real fast. I could have gotten in but for this movie I want the screen and the seats to be perfect. I would rather wait a few more hours and get the right experience. Friday's seats were much easier to acquire but then all the really hardcore fans are going on Thursday. I also had to take into consideration that I needed two seats as my wife is about as excited as I am for this movie. As a bonus, there have been times when there were theater issues with first release(Movie does not play right). Those get resolved by Friday.

Haus

<Silver Donator>

View attachment 202078

The Cinemark near our house has stepped that up by adding in seat heaters. So all those "always cold wives" can now click a button and heat their respective asses.

Cybsled

Infinity War deaths got spoiled for me on this forum, so I am noping the fuck out of most spots of the internet until I can see it

• 1Salty

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Adam Warlock getting left out or "Mandarin'd"?

I think the goal is to replace him in this with Captain Flat Ass?

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I think part of Chuk's problem with seeing movies on opening night is that he's from NJ. Seeing movies on opening night in NJ is a nightmare.

• 1Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
We have a theater with massive leather recliners, and huge aisles, so even in a sold out show it doesn't feel packed.

Almost all the theatres in my area have these seats or are currently installing them. the higher end ones (superlux for showcase theaters) are also heated with electric tilting headrest

only exception to the recliner style seats are the imax screens.

there is one small theater in marblehead that does not have the recliner setup yet, but their seats are comfortable thick leather...they just need replacing(seats are "cracked"), but the theater only has 2 screens that hold like 60 people each.

we now EXPECT all seats in the theater to be reclining leather. in fact the next couch i buy will be a home theater style one with...reclining leather seating.

Last edited:
  • 1Like