Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Some of you like Disney's version of things better. That's fine. I don't.

Their rewrite / redo of the Mandarin was a joke.

No Adam Warlock in Infinity Saga is too.

Cuckfeet the NuBlizzard worshipper appearing as expected.

• 1Cringe
  • 1Picard
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Their rewrite / redo of the Mandarin was a joke.

No Adam Warlock in Infinity Saga is too.

These two things are not equal, though. Not even fucking close. Also the Mandarin rewrite/redo was IM3 not IM2.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Nah man, should totally introduce Adam Warlock (who was technically introduced in GoTG2) for the first time in Infinity War as a Deus Ex-type. I'm sure people would totally love that!!!!

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Oh ok they fucked up one of the best Iron Man villians in 3 not 2. W/e. Oooo ya got me.

Still not seeing it. Disney can make up all their own shit from here on out.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I've read Infinity Gauntlet from start to finish. It is an amazing story. It is epic in its trappings. It is NOT, however, what the Russo Brothers were trying to recreate; They merely were inspired by it, not adapting it. Literally like 4 panels or so in the comics that were directly pulled into the film.

To get bent out of shape because of Adam Warlock not being a thing in Endgame is... silly.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm real silly then

This is amounts to the rock golems that came out of the woods in the Noah movie

We think it'd be really cool if....!

Hollywood thinks their ideas are better and I don't

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this.

I didn't even bother with IMAX this time because the seating is inferior to another theater with lazboy/recliner seating. Also IMAX is a further drive for me.

What a sour-puss.

Phantom Menace is bad but I refuse to believe your theater went quiet and you all were pissed at the end. I remember being hyped from Darth Maul and ready for the next one. The theater was NOT quiet for me and in general people enjoyed it. It really wasn't until EMO-Anakin ruined the next 2 that the whole prequel trilogy got shit on. Phantom Menace was probably the best of the prequels. I have 3 main gripes: Anakin too young, Midichlorians, Jar Jar. Not enough to absolutely silence a movie. Darth Maul is still a standout character from the prequels.

Based on your grumblings the past 24 hours, I think you're doing everyone else a favor by not going.
you can refuse to believe it all you like. midnight of Spring 1999, Staten Island, bunch of drunk late 20s italian assholes just like me who practically worshipped the OT Star Wars sitting through 2 hours of CGI bunny rabbits and a little retarded kid pod racing who somehow becomes the most intimidating character in movie history and you think we were fucking cheering? really, is it that hard for you to believe?

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Adam Warlock was nothing but a Deus Ex Machina in the Infinity Gauntlet series, glad they left him out of the movies. All the other heroes do all the work, and he just sneaks in to take the Gauntlet. It was a stupid plot.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ya that's why Disney bought Marvel instead of coming up with their own incredibly successfuly ideas for a super hero universe

There's no point in arguing, people instantly tip their hands these days to a trained eye

• 1Rustled

Merrith

Oh ok they fucked up one of the best Iron Man villians in 3 not 2. W/e. Oooo ya got me.

Still not seeing it. Disney can make up all their own shit from here on out.

No I was more noting you can still have a good/great Infinity Saga without Warlock, especially when the character hasn't been established in the slightest yet, but the Mandarin fuck up was just terribad. The IM2/3 correction was just a "hey btw" note.

• 1Jonesing

Merrith

you can refuse to believe it all you like. midnight of Spring 1999, Staten Island, bunch of drunk late 20s italian assholes just like me who practically worshipped the OT Star Wars sitting through 2 hours of CGI bunny rabbits and a little retarded kid pod racing who somehow becomes the most intimidating character in movie history and you think we were fucking cheering? really, is it that hard for you to believe?

there's quite a gap between cheering and theater going dead silent, though. I remember most people digging Maul and the lightsaber fight at the end, with a good bit of excuses like "first movie just setting things up" for the rest. Jar Jar hate was pretty universal, although maybe not nearly as loud 10 minutes after the movie as it would grow in the weeks and months after.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
there's quite a gap between cheering and theater going dead silent, though. I remember most people digging Maul and the lightsaber fight at the end, with a good bit of excuses like "first movie just setting things up" for the rest. Jar Jar hate was pretty universal, although maybe not nearly as loud 10 minutes after the movie as it would grow in the weeks and months after.
i dont know what to tell you, only thing i can convey it as , you see your favorite sports team at the stadium, as the game starts the crowd goes wild after the Natl Anthem. then you watch your favorite team get massacred for the next 2-3 hours. thats what it was like. nobody cheers when your guy does something cool when they're down a million points. you just watch or go home.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Nah man, should totally introduce Adam Warlock (who was technically introduced in GoTG2) for the first time in Infinity War as a Deus Ex-type. I'm sure people would totally love that!!!!
They're doing this with another character.

And this is gonna be a PSA kind of but if you realize you're going to really start shitting up a thread, stop yourself like I'm going to now.

Ome

Molten Core Raider

For what its worth I can totally believe this part. What I had a hard time with was the following.

back in the car i tried to talk about the movie with my friends.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I can't believe that you grown ass men are this excited to watch a 3 hour children's movie that you already know the outcome to.

• 2EyeRoll
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
I can't believe you came to a video game forum talking down to grown ass men being excited about a comic book movie

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users