Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
BP was kind of shoehorned in. Not the last month before Endgame, but close enough.
he first appeared in Civil War. 3 years ago. but yes, he didnt play any signifigant role in the Avengers other than wakanda being the setting for IW. this is going to be different because CM is going to replace Tony and Cap as the top dog.

Brad2770

he first appeared in Civil War. 3 years ago. but yes, he didnt play any signifigant role in the Avengers other than wakanda being the setting for IW. this is going to be different because CM is going to replace Tony and Cap as the top dog.

And just like BP was the last minute addition to introduce a setting for IW1, CM is the last minute addition to tether the Avengers to space. Without CM, there’s not anything keeping the Earth based Avengers going back to Earth and leaving it to GotG to defend the space settings.

• 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
the Captain Godmode swooping in to save all the Avengers with her grrrlpowah is really the only worry i have about this movie, i think something like that is likely to happen, based on what Feige has said in interviews about her being the most powerful character in the MCU and the face of the MCU after Endgame. i didnt pull that out of my ass. if thats just a fakeout then its fine.

I kind of hope the one prediction is true, that Captain Marvel is the one to die when the Avengers go up against Thanos in Act 1 and fail, again. Would actually give her next movie some tension if people see she has limits. It did wonders for Thor to put him through the ringer.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I just hope that this doesn’t end up Thanos dealing with survivors guilt and is trying to force those powerful enough to kill him so he can finally “be with those he lost” or some other contrived bullshit.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I've now re-watched up to The Winter Soldier. Tomorrow is going to be the first Guardians of the Galaxy.

I'm still very on schedule of my goal to have all the movies finished in time for Endgame opening night.

1.) Guardians of the Galaxy 2.) Age of Ultron 3.) Ant Man 4.) Civil War 5.) Doctor Strange 6.) Guardians of the Galaxy 2 7.) Spider-Man 8.) Thor: Ragnarok 9.) Black Panther 10.) Infinity War 11.) Ant Man & The Wasp and maybe actually going to see 12.) Captain Marvel a 2nd time.

Ok... 12 movies and only 18 days. Hmm, this is going to be tough. Stupid life outside of watching movies!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I kind of hope the one prediction is true, that Captain Marvel is the one to die when the Avengers go up against Thanos in Act 1 and fail, again. Would actually give her next movie some tension if people see she has limits. It did wonders for Thor to put him through the ringer.

Every time Thor gets his shit pushed in he gets a power upgrade. You saying Captain marvel needs more power?

• 1Solidarity

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Every time Thor gets his shit pushed in he gets a power upgrade. You saying Captain marvel needs more power?

This isn't true. He got his ass kicked multiple times in Thor 1 and 2 and never got stronger. But the adversity made him a better character. Thor in the first avengers couldn't even stop the trickle of ships coming through the tiny portal, where as Captain Marvel is blowing up whole fleets in open space. The level at which these two began at should be considered. Also, strength is not a singular thing. Thor 1 and 2 didn't make Thor stronger, but it did make him wiser, which made him stronger in another way--you could easily show Marvel has a weakness in the new film, like her energy runs out extremely quickly, and she becomes wiser after he defeat and learns to manage it better (ect.) So her strength increases, but not in a "I'm the strongest at punching things".

• 1Dislike

Fadaar

That guy
I think Thor probably had the best character growth over the course of the MCU

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Thor in the first Avengers movie, if you recall, lightning zapped a monstrous amount of enemies coming through the portal, as well as two of the Fin Fang fuckers that took Hulk and Ironman a bit to take out one each. Captain Marvel flew through a ship like Ironman did in the first Avengers movie. Also, save Dark World, Thor has grown as a character in every movie, not just in strength. He's always been God tier, stronger than Odin (according to Odin himself) who laid waste to entire planets. If Captain Marvel, a basic bitch, is stronger than Odin, let alone Thor, something ain't right.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Screenshot_20190405-211225_Instagram.jpg

Cybsled

The best tip to give people is don't get the 1 gallon soda "for only 25 more cents". Fluid in, fluid out lol

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I don't know, Start has gone on quite a ride
Stark... Eh. His best arc was in the first Ironman. He's been the foundation ever since. He had PTSD in Ironman 3, but other than that I can't really say he's grown much as a character. He was the reason the Avengers even needed to exist by drawing attention to the planet with his power. His power and tech has increased in a fairly natural manner, and he did a bit of dad figure work with Spiderman, but he's basically been portrayed as the same post cave escape, a relative failure in spite of everything he's done. Ironman 2? Villain exists because of him and his tech. Ironman 3? Villain exists because of his past relations. Civil War happens because he's going against himself and destroys his relationships. Ultron existed because of him. Infinity War he gets his ass beat by Thanos' underlings, and then tries to solo Thanos like a fucking moron.

For such an insanely intelligent person, man he's done some stupid shit.

Maybe Fury was right...

• 1Like