Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
View attachment 202299

The difference between a character and just reading lines.

When a fucking passive, secondary, throw away character is more interesting than a supposed main character who is expected to be the face and future of the Avengers...

Would still pay for his synopsis of the Infinity War and the Stones. Would pay extra for ice cream toppings.

Man, Pena was so fucking funny in the ant man movies!!!!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Just finished watching Thor: The Dark World. This movie really did absolutely nothing for me. I wasn't a fan of Thor 1, but I think it's better than 2. At least Ragnarok was awesome.

If I have time tomorrow, it'll be Winter Soldier. Loved that one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

gak

<Gold Donor>
Would be like Black Widow stabbing Thanos, sticking her hand in the glove and then Stark stroking her engorged clit. Doesn't make any God damn sense.

Nor would it have to.

c.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Ice Burn
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
the Captain Godmode swooping in to save all the Avengers with her grrrlpowah is really the only worry i have about this movie, i think something like that is likely to happen, based on what Feige has said in interviews about her being the most powerful character in the MCU and the face of the MCU after Endgame. i didnt pull that out of my ass. if thats just a fakeout then its fine.
Feige has also said that she has her weaknesses
"Well, the point of this movie was to see her exactly as you said, unleashed, unchained," Feige told SlashFilm. "What happens when she taps into her full potential not being held back? So it was not the time to hold back. It was not the time to emphasize limitations or loss. We’d seen that over the course of the rest of the movie. We wanted to see her cut loose. In future stories, well, none of the Marvel characters are immortal. Even ones that seem immortal, some people might be very hard to kill, but nobody’s unkillable. So if we’re lucky enough to see future adventures with Captain Marvel, of course there will be limitations and there will be Achilles heels and there will be things that we learn and see that it’s not as easy as a slicing through whatever she wants to at any point. But this wasn’t the time to accentuate that."

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Disney showed "several minutes" of the movie, and one scene showed Captain Marvel (Brie Larson) telling the Avengers that they plan to kill Thanos. They might not have succeeded in Infinity War, but Captain Marvel says in the new footage, "Before, you didn't have me."
Micro spoilage
It's the scene that ends with the trailer bit where Thor lifts the hand to call Stormhammer. The "I like this one" is a reference to the "fuck that, let's kill Thanos" that came before, not the slight smirk.

• 1Blown

Onigen

Golden Knight of the Realm
Feige has also said that she has her weaknesses
"Well, the point of this movie was to see her exactly as you said, unleashed, unchained," Feige told SlashFilm. "What happens when she taps into her full potential not being held back? So it was not the time to hold back. It was not the time to emphasize limitations or loss. We’d seen that over the course of the rest of the movie. We wanted to see her cut loose. In future stories, well, none of the Marvel characters are immortal. Even ones that seem immortal, some people might be very hard to kill, but nobody’s unkillable. So if we’re lucky enough to see future adventures with Captain Marvel, of course there will be limitations and there will be Achilles heels and there will be things that we learn and see that it’s not as easy as a slicing through whatever she wants to at any point. But this wasn’t the time to accentuate that."

Such a dumb comment from Feige. If the origin movie isn't the time to define a characters powers/weaknesses/motives, what the hell is, especially right before a lot bigger movie that they take part in. "Oh you guys totally will have to see the second movie of this character where we explain everything and flesh out this bland character we shoehorned into the MCU!"

• 4Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
Such a dumb comment from Feige. If the origin movie isn't the time to define a characters powers/weaknesses/motives, what the hell is, especially right before a lot bigger movie that they take part in. "Oh you guys totally will have to see the second movie of this character where we explain everything and flesh out this bland character we shoehorned into the MCU!"
I dont know, I mean I would love it if she was all full or her self and went to face Thanos and he just wrecks her shit...Then she has to face her limits and try to be better to then face him once again....Kind of like in IW where Thanos just punks Thor but he goes and gets better / stronger and faces him at the end

• 1Like

Onigen

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well Thor has had 6 movies where he has gotten his ass kicked by various characters and he's grown from those (as has IM), is Endgame really the place to start building Captain My-face-is-tired.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Has it ever been addressed what happens when Captain Marvel has her menstrual cycle?

• 1EyeRoll

Sevens

Log Wizard
Well Thor has had 6 movies where he has gotten his ass kicked by various characters and he's grown from those (as has IM), is Endgame really the place to start building Captain My-face-is-tired.
Good point

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Disney showed "several minutes" of the movie, and one scene showed Captain Marvel (Brie Larson) telling the Avengers that they plan to kill Thanos. They might not have succeeded in Infinity War, but Captain Marvel says in the new footage, "Before, you didn't have me."

Captain Marvel the character is incredibly powerful, so she'll no doubt be able to help the Avengers in whatever plan they've come up with. Her debut in the MCU was teased in an after-credits scene of Avengers: Infinity War before getting her own solo film this year--marking Marvel's final movie before the release of Endgame.
Also in the new footage, Captain America (Chris Evans) loses his subdued attitude and bluntly states about Thanos, "Let's get that son of a bitch." ComicBook also saw the footage, and the site reports that the footage included Nebula saying she knows where Thanos is, and that Captain Marvel has a cocky attitude and believes Thanos has never faced someone as powerful as her. Captain Marvel also apparently talks about wanting to use the Infinity Stones to undo Thanos' snap.

Complete speculation below:

Everything I've seen seems to indicate this all happens pretty early in the film, and the expectation is that he pushes their shit in, and THEN comes to Earth and pushes their shit in again with an extra helping of destroying the new Avengers base. So I have every confidence that she's going to eat a big 'ol helping of humble pie when Thanos shoves his foot up her ass a couple times. If we're lucky, he even kills her. Then the real heroes, the 6 original Avengers, come together with Ant-Man and work their quantum realm magic.

Obviously I don't know, but I genuinely think she is going to get them all hyped up with her "We can do this!" cheerleader ra-ra bullshit, (helped by the fact that Thor almost killed him, and will think he can do it again) and then they are going to get fucking owned even harder than before, with some likely collateral damage in the form of some deaths (hopefully CM's), which crushes them even worse than they already were, and shows them that they are never going to win a straight up fight against a Thanos that now knows all about using the stones. And coincidentally takes CM down a peg, because unless you're all in on the diversity/gurl power kool-aid, she's never experienced a real loss and you don't get a great leader out of someone like that. And if Feige really, really wants her to lead the MCU going forward, the Russo's would be the perfect people to make her experience some actual loss (emotional and actual defeats) so that she has some credibility going forward. I'd rather they just send her back out into space and we never see her again, but if they're set on using her, she needs to be a real character and not a cardboard cut-out like she is now.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Cybsled

Captain Marvel talking shit doesn’t mean much. If you honestly expect her to walk in and solo the raid boss, then you don’t know movies. Doesn’t matter if you’re god, if the plot requires it, you’ll get nerfed somehow.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Complete speculation below:

Everything I've seen seems to indicate this all happens pretty early in the film, and the expectation is that he pushes their shit in, and THEN comes to Earth and pushes their shit in again with an extra helping of destroying the new Avengers base. So I have every confidence that she's going to eat a big 'ol helping of humble pie when Thanos shoves his foot up her ass a couple times. If we're lucky, he even kills her. Then the real heroes, the 6 original Avengers, come together with Ant-Man and work their quantum realm magic.

Obviously I don't know, but I genuinely think she is going to get them all hyped up with her "We can do this!" cheerleader ra-ra bullshit, (helped by the fact that Thor almost killed him, and will think he can do it again) and then they are going to get fucking owned even harder than before, with some likely collateral damage in the form of some deaths (hopefully CM's), which crushes them even worse than they already were, and shows them that they are never going to win a straight up fight against a Thanos that now knows all about using the stones. And coincidentally takes CM down a peg, because unless you're all in on the diversity/gurl power kool-aid, she's never experienced a real loss and you don't get a great leader out of someone like that. And if Feige really, really wants her to lead the MCU going forward, the Russo's would be the perfect people to make her experience some actual loss (emotional and actual defeats) so that she has some credibility going forward. I'd rather they just send her back out into space and we never see her again, but if they're set on using her, she needs to be a real character and not a cardboard cut-out like she is now.
if its like that, i'm completely ok with it. i'm still salty we have to deal with this new character shoehorning herself into the big picture after only a month.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
  • 1Like

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
the Russo's would be the perfect people to make her experience some actual loss (
What loss would that be? Does she even have any emotional connections to anyone on earth worth a damn or will Thanos just smash the last Blockbusters on earth and that will be the catalyst for CM to grow as a character.

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
What loss would that be? Does she even have any emotional connections to anyone on earth worth a damn or will Thanos just smash the last Blockbusters on earth and that will be the catalyst for CM to grow as a character.

In my perfect world version he threatens the remaining two people she has connection to (her "BFF" and BFF's daughter). She goes berserk defending them, get's killed, transferring the energy to the daughter in the explosion and we get the Captain Marvel I would prefer. (Especially since if she was in her 20's in the 90's that means she's almost, if not already, 50 now. Making her a generation older than all the rest of the current stable of heroes, this would also fix that since a 9 year old in the 90's would be somewhere around mid 30's now..

Extra SJW bonus, it puts a person of color into the role.

• 1Like

Brad2770

if its like that, i'm completely ok with it. i'm still salty we have to deal with this new character shoehorning herself into the big picture after only a month.

BP was kind of shoehorned in. Not the last month before Endgame, but close enough.

gak

<Gold Donor>
In my perfect world version he threatens the remaining two people she has connection to (her "BFF" and BFF's daughter). She goes berserk defending them, get's killed, transferring the energy to the daughter in the explosion and we get the Captain Marvel I would prefer... Extra SJW bonus, it puts a person of color into the role.

I could do without a ratchet baby-momma foodstamp "marvel".
n.gif

n1.jpg

n0.jpg

• 2Barf
  • 1Worf
  • 1Cringe

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Captain Marvel talking shit doesn’t mean much. If you honestly expect her to walk in and solo the raid boss, then you don’t know movies. Doesn’t matter if you’re god, if the plot requires it, you’ll get nerfed somehow.
I mean you ave Rhodey being all "we are a team" and its obvious Captain Marvel has been doing shit solo for 20 years. So she is definitely gonna go in and get smashed then be like "Oh we need a team!"

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Sure looks like it.

But onto the kicking girl... what's she holding up? It almost has the color of a champagne glass, but I know that isn't the truth. But the bottom isn't a base... so scissors? (Why the fuck is that word so difficult to spell?)

Last edited: