Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Fadaar

That guy
Damn, 5 years until we see X-men shit in the MCU?

And here I was hoping that post-credits scene leak for Endgame I read about held some water...

Or are the rights to Wolverine seperate now, since he hasn't been in any of those new X-men movies? Idk.

Uhh he definitely had a big part in DOFP

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I cannot put into words why I hated Civil War. Only Avengers movie I turned off before finishing. I dunno - may have been I thought the underlying premise was too ridiculous for an entire movie. Avenger's Infinity War was the best superhero movie I have seen in my life, however, so I look forward to the finale.

I agree it was a weird premise. The only epic battle is between themselves, but they were all kind of holding back. The bad guy really never even took a punch, but I guess thats kinda like Lex Luther in BvS where he orchestrated a way for the two good guys to almost kill eachother. The only consequence of the movie was that Steve and Tony are on bad terms, and were apart for all of Infinity Wars, and I'm guessing will have an epic reunion in Endgame. It also got us Bucky back on the good side, and introduced Black Panther. It really was an Avengers 2.5 in terms of the whole cast, and also it just being a middle movie that accomplishes tasks but doesn't have much of a whole story of it's own.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sevens

Log Wizard
I agree it was a weird premise. The only epic battle is between themselves, but they were all kind of holding back. The bad guy really never even took a punch, but I guess thats kinda like Lex Luther in BvS where he orchestrated a way for the two good guys to almost kill eachother. The only consequence of the movie was that Steve and Tony are on bad terms, and were apart for all of Infinity Wars, and I'm guessing will have an epic reunion in Endgame. It also got us Bucky back on the good side, and introduced Black Panther. It really was an Avengers 2.5 in terms of the whole cast, and also it just being a middle movie that accomplishes tasks but doesn't have much of a whole story of it's own.
The Avengers were split, half of them on the run from the UN and USA. The cracks were already there, Baron Zemo was just throwing fuel on the fire. I mean go back to Avengers 1 and the only reason they were ever able to come together was the death of Colsen. As Banner said, "I mean, what are we, a team? No, no, no. We're a chemical mixture that makes chaos. We're a time-bomb. "
That bomb just blew in Civil War. And if you watch the movie, it is 100% a Captain America movie...following his struggles and choices. And of course they were holding back, they still cared for each other, I mean I have had fights with my family and friends and never once went all out full destruct mode.

• 1Like

Jive Turkey

Karen

As far as superhero movies go though, it's an original concept. The Bad Guys From Space theme can only be used so many times

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
It also got us Bucky back on the good side
Which I thought was idiotic. This guy has a literal switch in his head that turns him into a super serial killer at the drop of a hat and no one thinks anything of it? Not only that but the fact hes responsible for killing some of the most important people in the world? No problem! Thought it was kinda dumb Cap still sided with Bucky after seeing the video of Bucky execute Tony's parents. Brainwashing be damned, he should have got old yellered right then and there.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Which I thought was idiotic. This guy has a literal switch in his head that turns him into a super serial killer at the drop of a hat and no one thinks anything of it? Not only that but the fact hes responsible for killing some of the most important people in the world? No problem! Thought it was kinda dumb Cap still sided with Bucky after seeing the video of Bucky execute Tony's parents. Brainwashing be damned, he should have got old yellered right then and there.

One thing that was cool about the short lived Agent Carter TV show is it gave us the origin of the Bucky brainwashing technique that Zola used on him, but it also demonstrated how fucking powerful the brain washing was. It basically shut down any sense of self and you would even kill yourself if commanded to.

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I cannot put into words why I hated Civil War. Only Avengers movie I turned off before finishing. I dunno - may have been I thought the underlying premise was too ridiculous for an entire movie. Avenger's Infinity War was the best superhero movie I have seen in my life, however, so I look forward to the finale.
Begone foul heretic. I shall cleanse your heathen soul.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
The Avengers were split, half of them on the run from the UN and USA. The cracks were already there, Baron Zemo was just throwing fuel on the fire. I mean go back to Avengers 1 and the only reason they were ever able to come together was the death of Colsen. As Banner said, "I mean, what are we, a team? No, no, no. We're a chemical mixture that makes chaos. We're a time-bomb. "
That bomb just blew in Civil War. And if you watch the movie, it is 100% a Captain America movie...following his struggles and choices. And of course they were holding back, they still cared for each other, I mean I have had fights with my family and friends and never once went all out full destruct mode.

Very good point! I hope I didn't imply I didn't like it, I did! Although Winter Soldier was better - one of the few movies of the Marvel genre that could stand 100% on its own and be just as good.

Regarding family, in high school, I "boxed." My older sister came at me once and I laid her out. Right in my kitchen in front of my mom, it was beautiful.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
I loved the movie too, but it got shit on....a lot

Biggest mistake was removing the robotic filter on Spaders voice. You hear it in the trailer, its just really jarring watching Ultron talk in the film

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Civil War should have been called "Avengers: Civil War"... Bet it would have sold even better. Though I guess if Thor isn't involved, that's the clincher. Needs all 6 of the core. I mean, they could have shoehorned him in like they did in Ultron.

I believe I heard that Civil War WAS originally labelled as an Avengers movie early on in production

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Oh yeah, my status. I finished up Guardians of the Galaxy 2 last night. Next up is Spider-Man.

I have 5 more blurays to watch, then 6 if I also re-watch Captain Marvel. 9 days to do it. I should be good on time. Hopefully at least. Can't wait.

• 2Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Big huge massive leaks out now. If you don't want spoilers don't open your eyes until you walk into the theater.

• 2Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Big huge massive leaks out now. If you don't want spoilers don't open your eyes until you walk into the theater.
lalalala.gif

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i dont need spoilers except one thing if i hate Captain Marvel will i be happy or sad with this movie?

• 1Salty
  • 1Garbage