Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I cannot put into words why I hated Civil War. Only Avengers movie I turned off before finishing. I dunno - may have been I thought the underlying premise was too ridiculous for an entire movie. Avenger's Infinity War was the best superhero movie I have seen in my life, however, so I look forward to the finale.
Cap prevented a helicopter from taking off by initially pulling down really hard on it while standing on the landing pad.

• 2Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Well, cast clearly should've done more smiling.

Pretty atrocious acting throughout. Not a single smile! Not Downey Jr. Not Evans. Not Ruffalo. Not Renner. Not SLJ. Nothing...

How could anyone possibly relate to these pretentious cardboard actors as "heroes". Atrocious.

Ironic because this movie was significantly worse than all the cross overs partly for the reason that it did feel too stiff and cardboard, probably because Whedon was melting down and couldn't give the actors good direction.

That said, its not just a smile. You see in some of those shots how sometimes the characters look surprised, bewildered, in anguish? You know, conveying emotions like non-bug people? Yeah. Brie doesn't do that well. Someone like Hemsworth or Scarlett Johansson has more depth of emotion with just their eyes than Brie does with her whole face and body. Its almost uncanny how stiff she is.

People often mistake acting purely for breadth (IE what character can you play), but the reality is, a lot of acting is about depth--how easily you convey emotion. This is why actors who essentially only play themselves, like Will Smith or Deniro, are still considered great--because they can so easily convey emotion with subtle facial gestures/eye movements. (Actors who do both become legendary, like Brando, Daniel Day Lewis ect). But the ability to convey emotion is genuinely the more important component of acting and again, Brie does not do it well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
And now i have a hardon that just doesn't want to go away. How many more days till this thing hits the theaters?

So yeah the outline of the acts out there is pretty accurate, and holy god is that awesome. Cannot wait!!!!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Big huge massive leaks out now. If you don't want spoilers don't open your eyes until you walk into the theater.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to avoid this thread until I watch the movie on Thursday.

Oh yeah, regarding Thor and Natalie Portman, (watching Thor: Ragnarok right now), Thor witnesses the Matt Damon play while Loki pretends to be Oden. The two go to NYC to find him and some girls ask for Thor's picture. One says "Sorry to hear that Jane dumped you." Then Thor tells Loki "She didn't dump me, you know. I dumped her... It was a mutual dumping."

That's the end of it.

Caliane

That said, its not just a smile. You see in some of those shots how sometimes the characters look surprised, bewildered, in anguish? You know, conveying emotions like non-bug people? Yeah. Brie doesn't do that well. Someone like Hemsworth or Scarlett Johansson has more depth of emotion with just their eyes than Brie does with her whole face and body. Its almost uncanny how stiff she is.

yeah, I get the joke they were trying to make. But, that was just a terrible comparison. That trailer is the heroes getting their asses kicked. its a tragedy. we knew that from the very trailer, Age of Ultron was going to be a Pyrrhic victory at best.
That is absolutely NOT the case for Captain Marvel. Shes not losing. its our first introduction to her, and thus should so show some signs of character, that isn't just "constipated".

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Jesus christ. How can she be so fucking insufferable? It's insane. She has literally the worst personality of any woman. I'd almost rather some ghetto trash whore than her.
While i can hate on Cptn. Flatass just as much as the next guy that clip seem very oddly cut. If she smiled and nudged Thor guy just after she said that i would take that as aattempt at a joke.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
You just see, she'll be the reason Chris won't resign to do more Thor because he won't want to work with her.

• 3Like
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I couldn't help myself either. This actually made me 100x more amped to see the movie, though. Holy shit moment after holy shit moment. Which, you know, I expected. Looks like they're going to nail it out of the park. Again.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I don't think it really spoiled that much tbh.
And quality is so terrible and the clips so short, I just look forward to seeing the movie more and watching how they get to each of those clips.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users