Avengers: Endgame (2019)

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Honestly it's a bit baffling by how much people got upset by this scene (at least on the internet, I can already see the amount of youtube vids angry neckbeards are going to make about). All of the characters in that scene had very little or zero screentime during the actual battle. Not sure how a 5 second scene might upset you so much

Listen, the reason I don't like the goddamn scene is because I was totally engrossed in that movie for every second and it was getting edge of my seat engrossed during that battle and then out of nowhere it takes me completely out of the movie just to do some sort of social commentary. News flash, there were just as many dudes trying and succeeding to help get that fucking gauntlet to the van but in that moment you had to montage Spice Girls in there just to prove a point? We had *literally* just seen a bad-as-fucking-ass as you can get Scarlet Witch fuck up Thanos more than all the other Avengers combined and it was not only in character but great considering what had happened at the end of Infinity War. I even said that if she just hefted the gauntlet, said "I have help" and then sped off then I don't think I would've truly noticed that all the bad ass heroes that were helping her were all girls because the scene outside of that one fucking idiotic ham fisted part was great.

• 8Solidarity
  • 4Salty
  • 3Like
Reactions: 16 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Honestly it's a bit baffling by how much people got upset by this scene (at least on the internet, I can already see the amount of youtube vids angry neckbeards are going to make about). All of the characters in that scene had very little or zero screentime during the actual battle. Not sure how a 5 second scene might upset you so much

I chuckled to myself at that scene but the whole thing is a 22 movie culmination to fan service. All those women combined were in what like 25 minutes of the entire movie. To rage at it is fucking stupid. All they did was throw the female fans a bone. Now Black Widow was great in the movie and that was one death I was really surprised about. However her movie is supposed to be all in the past so I guess she doesn't have to be currently alive? The only thing I can think is that they will give us an alternate widow like we got an alternate Gamora or she "returns" Skrull.

• 1Picard
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Bucky doesn't need the shield. I'm also fine with Falcon as Cap. He fits the legacy more than Bucky Barnes does as far as the MCU goes.

i was fine with falcon getting the shield instead of bucky. i WASN'T fine with bucky getting no goodbye cap scene. i mean, sam gets this super long conversation with old cap but bucky doesn't even get a "hey"

the girlpower scene was super short, but it was definitely eye rolling. especially because logistically most of those women weren't anywhere near that location during the fight. but then they all just pop up like they have girl sonar are something. it's not that the scene was short so we should just get over it, it's that it was completely heavy handed and obvious what they were doing that it took me, personally anyway, completely out of the moment

• 3Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Because it's overt and intentional. It's the gender equivalent of a fart joke in an otherwise near-perfect (comic book)movie. It wasn't like someone tried really hard and just couldn't come up with the perfect dialogue or choreography. Someone purposefully chose that that sore thumb of a scene and it made it past rounds of editing and producers, all of them rubber stamping it.

• 3Like
  • 2Picard
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Because it's overt and intentional. It's the gender equivalent of a fart joke in an otherwise near-perfect (comic book)movie. It wasn't like someone tried really hard and just couldn't come up with the perfect dialogue or choreography. Someone purposefully chose that that sore thumb of a scene and it made it past rounds of editing and producers, all of them rubber stamping it.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Worf
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
i was fine with falcon getting the shield instead of bucky. i WASN'T fine with bucky getting no goodbye cap scene. i mean, sam gets this super long conversation with old cap but bucky doesn't even get a "hey"

the girlpower scene was super short, but it was definitely eye rolling. especially because logistically most of those women weren't anywhere near that location during the fight. but then they all just pop up like they have girl sonar are something. it's not that the scene was short so we should just get over it, it's that it was completely heavy handed and obvious what they were doing that it took me, personally anyway, completely out of the moment

I think it was an off screen thing or at least implied Bucky knew what Cap was planning. Just by the way he acted and knew that Cap was gonna give Falcon the shield. The Russos don't usually do deleted scenes, but I wonder if that was in there.

cypis

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's fanservice, this movie was full of it lol. it's really weird seeing how irrationally angry people around this part of the internet get about such a minor thing.

• 3Like
  • 2EyeRoll
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So it's bad fan service. What exactly is the problem here?
I'd be just as annoyed if all the dudes got in a rugby huddle and scrummed the gauntlet down the battlefield.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So it's bad fan service. What exactly is the problem here?
I'd be just as annoyed if all the dudes got in a rugby huddle and scrummed the gauntlet down the battlefield.
i was geeking the fuck out because they homaged Superfriends in that fight.
tenor.gif

lf

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
9.85/10

There's 1.5 SJW scenes I docked points for but it doesn't ruin the movie, thank god. Perfect ending to MCU so far.

No end credits scenes FYI, you can go home.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
There is no way that many women would work together. There would be backstabbing, offhand passive aggressive put downs about each others powers etc.. Probably the reason it was 14mil:1 odds of succeeding

• 11Worf
  • 4Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 15 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider

Watch closer: it's actually one of my favorite bits of the movie. Bucky knows Cap isn't coming back, and Cap knows Bucky knows, and their goodbye is coded in their conversation so they don't tip off Hulk / Falcon. Edit: IIRC, Bucky even smiles when Cap doesn't come back through the time portal. They don't have to say goodbye because they already did.

Falcon actually asks for and gets Bucky's consent before putting the Shield on.

• 1Like

Inque

FunEmployed
I'm streaming it on Rabbit at the moment for anyone who wants to watch (and not host); I'm about a half hour into it but I'll gladly start it over if more people join:

| Rabbit

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Waiting through the credits, immediate commentary is that a super hero isn't supposed to do me dirty like this.

The first showing that wasn't a special showing, the theater treated it like a prime time drama. Absolute silence at the end. Surprised there wasn't a two minute black screen before the credits.

Who was that kidish looking guy standing by himself that they focused on before Captain Marvel at the funeral scene? Wasn't Spider-Man or any other recognizable character... That I could tell...?