Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Nah, but you've been vocal about what several of us are hinting at: she's toxic and this "movement" of hers is going to sink the MCU.
well yes, but i'm pretty vocal about everything. i'm just a loudmouth in general. :p its very obvious though why people are tucking tail and running away from this franchise now. i blame Disney more than i blame this Sarkeesian disciple. nobody forced them to hire her, they probably did this intentionally to chase away the expensive talent. RDJ alone is banking 200 million for IW and Endgame. Larson made 5 million for CM, these other B listers will get less. probably think theyll make more on Disney+ programming

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
About time:
Since Cap took all the stones back to their proper places in the past, everything that happened, will happen again. So Thanos will find the Stones (without know about the Avengers hunting for them), and dust 50%, which then leads to Endgame bringing all the Dusted ppl back 5yrs later. Right?

The oddity is Bad Nebula bringing Thanos & Crew forward to the present, from time where he didn't have the stones... and getting dusted. That would make it seem that he was removed from the continuous timeline, thus breaking everything. Right?

Nope

The Thanos from the timeline the stones were returned to is the one that was snapped. He never collected the stones or arrived on earth.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lol, I mean Captain Marvel had her moments in this, but she got slapped around like a bitch too. If that's the kind of empowerment those females want idgaf, did you see that Power Stone hit? FWAP

ps. Instant-Kill was dope

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol, I mean Captain Marvel had her moments in this, but she got slapped around like a bitch too. If that's the kind of empowerment those females want idgaf, did you see that Power Stone hit? FWAP
Yea, but that was just to show that she was stronger than all the other male characters combined, since Thanos -had- to use the power stone to overcome her. Which is fine, since Marvel is supposed to be super strong. Just sucks that Larson is such a douche and the character itself is so blah.

• 1Solidarity

Angerz

Trakanon Raider

That was one of my favorite moments, cause it was soon after the girl squad moment and I was thinking, "jesus they arent really gonna have her steal the OG Avengers thunder are they?", then she got punched out of the movie til the epilogue.

• 1Solidarity

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Personally...

never think about time travel as a solution, that’s why I hate it as it causes more questions then answers HOWEVER I cut it some slack when it isn’t overly egregious. GotG 3 : The Search for Gamora could potentially have no one in the universe knowing who they are and they could even be wanted criminals. Lotta potential there, lots.

The hammering is the first Doom making his armour, that is my guess. It begun with the Iron Man, and it ends wth the Man in Iron. Or some shit like that.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Nope

The Thanos from the timeline the stones were returned to is the one that was snapped. He never collected the stones or arrived on earth.

Yeah that timeline / reality is pretty well off. Not only do they have all their gems back, but they never need to worry about Thanos attacking, though it does fuck up the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Was pretty awesome when Quill got kicked in the balls... after his asshattery in Infinity War he deserved it

• 2Like

TheOkapi

Molten Core Raider
So, uh...where the hell did War Machine get the second suit from? The red, blue and silver one

• 1Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
movie is apparently tracking for ~900million to 950 million WW for the weekend- it MIGHT make a billion if all the dice roll correctly.

it is at 60 million domestic(Record!), just from last night and is at 305 million WW (Record!) currently

it MIGHT top 300 domestic for the weekend. but most estimate have it in the 275-290 range...

Jive Turkey

Karen
Just got back from the theatre. It was pretty much the perfect send off. Hit all the right character beats. It was technically a time machine movie, but they threw away all the usual tropes of time travel, so it didn't feel that way at all. And considering it was the culmination of 10 years of movies, it was a great way to bring back and play off of some old scenes. I still think Infinity War was better, but only because it benefitted from not having to tie up any loose ends or give us any resolution. Ending on a dark note automatically gives it more weight. But this was just about as perfect as it could've gotten. The mass entrance for the final battle while Captain America was standing all alone was fucking awesome. 9/10

Listen, the reason I don't like the goddamn scene is because I was totally engrossed in that movie for every second and it was getting edge of my seat engrossed during that battle and then out of nowhere it takes me completely out of the movie just to do some sort of social commentary. News flash, there were just as many dudes trying and succeeding to help get that fucking gauntlet to the van but in that moment you had to montage Spice Girls in there just to prove a point? We had *literally* just seen a bad-as-fucking-ass as you can get Scarlet Witch fuck up Thanos more than all the other Avengers combined and it was not only in character but great considering what had happened at the end of Infinity War. I even said that if she just hefted the gauntlet, said "I have help" and then sped off then I don't think I would've truly noticed that all the bad ass heroes that were helping her were all girls because the scene outside of that one fucking idiotic ham fisted part was great.

My immediate reaction was *groan*, but the scene works in-universe. It's just all the female superheroes recognizing each other as such and looking out for one another. It doesn't necessarily have to read as an SJW injection by the writers
i was fine with falcon getting the shield instead of bucky. i WASN'T fine with bucky getting no goodbye cap scene. i mean, sam gets this super long conversation with old cap but bucky doesn't even get a "hey"

Bucky knew. He told Captain America "i'll miss you" on what was supposed to be a 5 second journey.

• 1Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
About time:
Since Cap took all the stones back to their proper places in the past, everything that happened, will happen again. So Thanos will find the Stones (without know about the Avengers hunting for them), and dust 50%, which then leads to Endgame bringing all the Dusted ppl back 5yrs later. Right?

The oddity is Bad Nebula bringing Thanos & Crew forward to the present, from time where he didn't have the stones... and getting dusted. That would make it seem that he was removed from the continuous timeline, thus breaking everything. Right?
No. Everything that happened already happened. They made it clear that there was no changing the present by changing the past. Changing the past only branches off into a different timeline, but the current present in unchangeable

• 2Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well it's not like Cap is dead...he can still fucking talk to them. Plus if it comes to it they can just de-age the guy for a 'Cap comes to the rescue' scene any number of years later after Chris Evans gets tired of being artsy for awhile.

The bigger issue is what the hell are they going to do now that all these people are back after a 5 year gap? Assuming that Bruce wished them back into safe places (like not hanging in the middle of the sky from being snapped out of a moving plane) they would still need to deal with things like someone having moved into their house, not having a job, etc.

I suppose it's better to just not dwell on that aspect of the whole deal.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My immediate reaction was *groan*, but the scene works in-universe. It's just all the female superheroes recognizing each other as such and looking out for one another. It doesn't necessarily have to read as an SJW injection by the writers

Yet..
We know that is was a SJW injection, it was obviously so. As has already been stated elsewhere, having -only- the women stop what they were doing (regardless of what it was) to group up like that singles them all out... to make a statement that didn't need to be made. At all. In universe, it should have been everyone who was available to go help, man or woman. The spectacle of it was great, but we all know it was done for SJW politics. So it cheapened that that part.

• 1Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
The bigger issue is what the hell are they going to do now that all these people are back after a 5 year gap? Assuming that Bruce wished them back into safe places (like not hanging in the middle of the sky from being snapped out of a moving plane) they would still need to deal with things like someone having moved into their house, not having a job, etc.

yes, this sounds like a super interesting movie. Maybe the next phase of the Marvel Universe will be a movie about the housing crisis that occurred after Endgame. Give the people what they want

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
since we're dropping spoilers... when spider-man goes back to school at the end... did ned get dusted too? did MJ(or whatever zendaya's character's name is)? did all his friends? he's walking into a school that is 5 years older than him.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
I love that they used Dragon Ball Z time travel rules.

since we're dropping spoilers... when spider-man goes back to school at the end... did ned get dusted too? did MJ(or whatever zendaya's character's name is)? did all his friends? he's walking into a school that is 5 years older than him.
All his supporting cast will be conveniently snapped and back lol.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
RE the snap,,,see this is the hard part when everyone comes BACK.

did Banner just "snap you are all back"? or did he SNAP you are all back, but no time moved for them AND all the other stuff moved 5 years forward like nothing happened- no crashes fires etc... just everyone that was snapped is back, the world progressed 5 years like none of the snap happened... and those that lived are 5 years older in a now "non ruined" world.

so if mj was not snapped she would be like 22 now... (but that screws the spiderman movie thing up, thus, she and most of his classmates got snapped)

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Why drop spoilers? The rule of thumb has always been to wait a week after release. Came in to read reviews, saw a few pages of polite spoiler tags, then the last couple became eh.

Going to see it either tomorrow or Sunday.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Jive Turkey

Karen
So it was explained that taking the infinity stones out of the timeline would split off an alternate universe so they had to go back at the end to prevent that.

But what about smaller changes to the timeline? I think they avoided making any real changes if you ignore butterfly effect, with two exceptions:
1) Loki got the Tesseract in 2012 instead of it and him going to Asgard. Is there an alternate reality where he is alive? Perhaps this ties into his TV show.
2) 2014 Thanos and his army was snapped and 2014 Gamora/Nebula came to the present. Is there an alternate reality where Infinity War never happed and Guardians of the Galaxy hapened differently?

It's possible that Loki could have travelled with Thanos' army in 2014 and he's alive again in the main timeline like Gamora is.

New timelines are constantly branching off. None of them affect the present timeline. There is no butterfly affect for the present. Even just showing up in the past creates a new timeline. There are infinite timelines, but they're all linear. Nothing is changeable. The infinity stones were returned to protect the timelines that they existed in, not to prevent the future from being changed. The talk between Banner and whats-her-name just meant that if he were to take the stone, she now exists in a timeline with no stone and couldn't use it to protect her timeline from harm. Banner borrows it, then returns it from the exact same moment in time so that nothing could've happened in between. Presumably, if they returned it 5 minutes later in her timeline, there would've only been 5 minutes in which something bad could've happened, so it probably wouldn't have been an issue.

• 1Like