Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I don't know when I'm going to have the time to see this fucking thing so I just want one thing spoiled:

Did they finally replace occasionally-smashes when he's not sad Hulk-lite with actual Hulk who doesn't finish the job until he's wearing the asshole linings of his enemies as a skinsuit?

Nope not even close, took him in a totally new direction

Xevy

Log Wizard
Cap knows everyone wins all those fights. And changing any of that could have dire butterfly effect type shit on that timeline. So if he just hides in Peggy's house and bones her out and dances with her and unknowingly nods and smiles when she talks about Hydra, that's better for the world than him trying to stop fucking 9/11.

I honestly thought Falcon was going to say "it's not mine" (which he did) and throw it to Bucky who would've done some badass robo-arm catch. That would've been better IMO, but whatever.

Also the Gauntlet exists but in their story line the stones were destroyed by Thanos. All the stones they used were sent back to their alternate timeline/multiverses. The current iteration of the Avengers live in an stone-less universe.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
11/10 movie experience
8/10 movie as a standalone

Put my name down in the "I like IW better" camp.

Movie was still incredible though... I cried tears of joy and sadness in the theater; no shame.

I went into the film thinking that it was going to get to Christopher Nolan levels of complexity, and it just never did. So in a way, the worst part of the film was my not the movie itself, but my own expectations of where it could have gone. I was awaiting a big big twist and it never came. Just beautiful resolution. Which, is exactly what the Russo Brothers wanted to achieve I guess.

Unless Marvel goes full on into Secret Wars plotlines with the Beyonder in the many years to come with the MCU, I'd say this may be the most amazing film experience I will ever enjoy in my life :)

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
That's a good point, why the fuck are they still in high school? Anyone that didn't get snapped should be long gone, assuming the US stayed somewhat normal (to an extent) for those five years.

We were talking about how awkward shit would be now that everyone reappears, and other funky shit. Like how did Hawkeyes wife’s cell phone carrier stay active for five years? And think about walking back into your house and your neighbor is plowing your wife cause you and his wife have been poofed five years. The world would be fucking chaos if half went on vacation for five years then reappears with no warning. Food production needs to double within a few days.

But whatever, have to turn your brain off for superhero stuff, especially with time travel. I enjoyed it.

spronk

FPS noob
3-Hour Runtime Doesn’t Choke ‘Avengers: Endgame’: Record $140M+ Opening Day; Unprecedented $315M-$330M Weekend – Midday B.O. Update

4th UPDATE, Friday Midday: It’s even bigger than originally seen this morning. Disney/Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame is tearing up all the record books with a $140 million-$150 million opening day, blasting away Star Wars: The Force Awakens‘ first-day and single-day records of $119.1M. Industry estimates have Endgame‘s weekend between $315M-$330M, but don’t be stunned if it goes higher. The entire industry is in a complete state of shock.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Time travel sucks. I'm going to travel to the future and guess that people are rating this movie higher after just having seen it and will eventually reconsider and lower their scores at least internally.

Brings this movie down 4 points at least after you have "time" to think about it.

The Pym Particles thing was retarded from the get go, like no one would think to go back and get more Pym Particles. Just so many issues with time travel even from just sitting there with exposition about how it "works" in the MCU.

I enjoyed the movie, laughed, felt sad, it hit a lot of the right notes. But time travel? Now that is out of the bottle how do you put it back?

I think there could be a much shorter cut of this movie that would be way more watchable and enjoyable. Loved the Thor humor they should crank out Thor/Hulk/Valk movies as fast as they can.

Fadaar

That guy
3-Hour Runtime Doesn’t Choke ‘Avengers: Endgame’: Record $140M+ Opening Day; Unprecedented $315M-$330M Weekend – Midday B.O. Update

4th UPDATE, Friday Midday: It’s even bigger than originally seen this morning. Disney/Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame is tearing up all the record books with a $140 million-$150 million opening day, blasting away Star Wars: The Force Awakens‘ first-day and single-day records of $119.1M. Industry estimates have Endgame‘s weekend between $315M-$330M, but don’t be stunned if it goes higher. The entire industry is in a complete state of shock.

I got off work at noon and went to grab a bite to eat next to the theater around 2. Theater lot was completely full.

Last edited:

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
9/10 for me

Lots of absorb still...it was damn amazing for how they tied up 10 years of movies into this. Not perfectly by any means, but it almost felt like an impossible task. Definitely in the camp of IW > End Game; that movie was perfection to me.

The goods:
Captain America finally wielding Thor's Hammer...fuckin goosebumps everywhere. Definitely my favourite part of the whole movie.
Bringing in everyone for the final battle.
The throwbacks galore during the time heist.
Fat Thor was LOL
Got to see my boy Korg again...playing Fortnite unfortunately. But damn that was funny.
Emotional rollercoasters of excitement and sadness
Stark got to go out the same way he came in...he is Iron Man. That was fuckin epic.

The Bad:
Echoing most of everyone else, the Girlpower scene was a little...much. There would have been much better ways of doing this. Why is literally only the women available to rendezvous at this moment? Does it have to be all of them? Why not...most of them, and then something like Groot/Rocket in there?
Not sure how Captain America can go back to another timeline and then wait it out...ending up in the current timeline. Doesn't that break their own rules?
#1 Piss off for me though, was Hulk...not smashing. What the fuck!

All in all, epic finale. Will be seeing it again...probably another few times with different people. I know there are a lot of things I missed; there's just so much.

Definitely not the best weekend to be a Stark though. Lewl.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

I want this to be the biggest movie ever.

• 1Let's Go
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Time travel sucks. I'm going to travel to the future and guess that people are rating this movie higher after just having seen it and will eventually reconsider and lower their scores at least internally.

Brings this movie down 4 points at least after you have "time" to think about it.

The Pym Particles thing was retarded from the get go, like no one would think to go back and get more Pym Particles. Just so many issues with time travel even from just sitting there with exposition about how it "works" in the MCU.

I enjoyed the movie, laughed, felt sad, it hit a lot of the right notes. But time travel? Now that is out of the bottle how do you put it back?

I think there could be a much shorter cut of this movie that would be way more watchable and enjoyable. Loved the Thor humor they should crank out Thor/Hulk/Valk movies as fast as they can.

Because the only guy that can make it work is dead! Now stop thinking about it right now especially if they bring in Fantastic Four and Mr Duesexmachina joins the MCU

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Because the only guy that can make it work is dead! Now stop thinking about it right now especially if they bring in Fantastic Four and Mr Duesexmachina joins the MCU
Yeah but Cap could just go back to a day ago when he wasn't dead.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Incredible movie.

Everyone has pointed out the good points and the bad point.

It was stunning how a packed out theater could get so quiet at Tony's death scene. You could have heard a pin drop. The movie was not perfect but it was as good as it could probably have gotten. The end fight scene was just awesome. The girl power moment was a little over the top but thankfully short. I loved Wanda's beat down. That was how you show the strength of a woman. Time travel is always tricky but having the opportunity to revisit older sets was a perfect way of using it. I give it a solid 9.5/10. It has been a wonderful ride that started with Iron Man and ended with Iron Man.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
apparently SJWs are upset, yes surprised? they mad that Nebula had 3 times more screen time than Captain Marvel.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Nebula is 10x more fuckable than Captain Marvel. Change my mind.

• 7Like
  • 6Solidarity
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 13 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
apparently SJWs are upset, yes surprised? they mad that Nebula had 3 times more screen time than Captain Marvel.

And thank god. Nebula is an interesting character that has undergone an entire character arc and a transition from foe to hero, and is family to the primary villain of the entire franchise! Nebula was great. I didn't care for her so much in GoTG1 but she's grown on me and she was excellent in this movie, and her scenes were very interesting and entertaining.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Fadaar

That guy
I'd give up a few years of my life for Karen Gillan/Elizabeth Olsen threesome

• 7Solidarity
  • 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 10 users