Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Thor...

Axe hammer is the Ultimate series version of Mjolnir. You can see him using it in this scene.

People were speculating he'd get this as his new Mjolnir. I never thought this version looked at good.

Yeah I can't say that I care for the look of that myself. Stormbreaker was similar but I like it much better because it still looks, overall, like a hammer.

Royal

At least they managed to find Bucky a gun. Captain Wakanda gets a pair of gauntlets and a stiff tent:

infinity-war18.jpg

From one of the IW toys it looks like ...

... those "gauntlets" might be two halves of his new temp shield. Probably uses some of the same nano tech in BP's suit.

img_9083-640x853.jpg

Royal

So at the beginning there Doctor Strange takes Tony and Peter for a little ride. No Banner or Wong with them.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
There's a shot of Iron Man's armor 'growing' around him... pretty awesome.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Why does every shot of Scarlet Johanson look weird? It's almost like she doesn't have eyebrows.

• 1Solidarity

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Why does every shot of Scarlet Johanson look weird? It's almost like she doesn't have eyebrows.

She shaved them off to play Sinead Oconner is a big oscar-bait biopic thingy, so they had to CGI them back on for all her scenes in Infinity War.

• 3Worf
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
That plus the blonde hair and the make up style make her look a bit older compared to the previous movies too

• 1Like

Royal

I thought Doctor Strange was weaving some sort of shield as an assist to Iron Man but it looks like Tony actually just swoops in and fucks up his spell.

tumblr_p3noteuko41uijsn1o2_540.gif

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
And Wong is casting the same spell off screen beside Strange as Stark passes between them. SO he goes through both spells and either screws them up or gets some magic aided abilities.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I thought it looked like he accelerated him forward

Yep you can see the spell pull back like a bowstring being cocked.

At first I wasn't sure, but watch the spell's movement and its pretty clear Iron Man is making connection and immediately on contact the cocked bowstring fires in tandem. Spell successful.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I really do like the overall graphical style they chose for the spellcasting in the MCU. It's internally consistent which helps it 'fit'

• 1Like

Royal

I really do like the overall graphical style they chose for the spellcasting in the MCU. It's internally consistent which helps it 'fit'

I also like how they show Tony slow his descent with the repulsor in his gauntlet, turn it off, then light it back up weaponized as he moves forward using the one in his off hand to gain speed. That's great attention to detail in the CGI work.