Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Yeah hoping you're not going to see one of the major players in the MCU up to this point, in the culmination installments of the series, is a bit of wasted hope. Opinions on the casting notwithstanding.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Haha. You've done something very few have ever managed to do on this forum. You've gotten everyone here to agree. Too bad for you everyone agrees that you're wrong

I mean there's a group of people that buy COD every single year and that group is pretty large. I don't think popular opinion has ever had anything to do with quality to be honest, otherwise artists like Justin Bieber and games like Call of Duty wouldn't be as popular as they are.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Potato del Grande
<Screenshotted>
I mean there's a group of people that buy COD every single year and that group is pretty large. I don't think popular opinion has ever had anything to do with quality to be honest, otherwise artists like Justin Bieber and games like Call of Duty wouldn't be as popular as they are.

So out of curiosity, what's your beef with Hiddleston's casting, exactly? I think he's pretty widely regarded as a great fit for that role, and at least IMO, has put out pretty fantastic performances across the board thus far as Loki.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hiddleston as Loki has been great, the way Loki has been written, not so much. Never seemed all that menacing, rather just clever and opportunistic.

• 2Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm not going to say the writing they've done for him has been award winning or anything, but I really like how they've done Loki in the movies compared to the comics. Granted, I haven't read a comic with Loki in it for 2 or 3 decades, but he was almost always portrayed as pure "mischievous evil". In the movies he has that glimmer of possible redemption that makes him a much more complex and sympathetic character, versus the 2-dimensional villains in almost every other movie. Like with the trailer for Infinity War, one of the questions is whether or not Loki is siding with Thanos by turning over the Cube. I would bet that he's either doing it to save the remaining Asgardians, or so that he can be on Thanos' good side and possibly undermine him at the perfect moment. You could argue the second one is purely motivated by self gain, but in a roundabout way he'd still be helping people because nothing has indicated that Loki would be as bad an owner of the Infinity Gauntlet as Thanos is. Hell, when he was pretending he was Odin all he did was use it to get admiration and lay around being fed grapes. He didn't actually persecute anyone. Even his original stated purpose (in the first Thor) of freeing humanity from "free will" didn't really last that long. Loki being the eventual owner of the Gauntlet (in the movies) wouldn't really be that bad of a result, honestly. In the comics, no way, game over man.

I think he's great in the movies because he has shades of grey, not black and white like almost every other villain we've encountered. And Hiddleston portrays that perfectly, in my opinion.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
Hiddleston as Loki has been great, the way Loki has been written, not so much. Never seemed all that menacing, rather just clever and opportunistic.
Loki has never been a "menacing" character, he is a trickster...you know, clever and opportunistic.

But anyways...thought on this?

Royal

But anyways...thought on this?

Well obviously they've seen the SDCC leaked version of the trailer so ...

... I wonder why they didn't mention that in what looks to be a related scene Tony does have the suit on. He has helmet is off and if you look closely at the new trailer you can see a section the face plate fly off when Thanos roundhouses him.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
17.jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Just watched a breakdown of the preview, and realized that it's not Iron Man that Thanos punches, it's Iron Spider, since that's who you first see investigating the circular object floating in the sky, and literally standing on it. Huh.

Royal

Just watched a breakdown of the preview, and realized that it's not Iron Man that Thanos punches, it's Iron Spider, since that's who you first see investigating the circular object floating in the sky, and literally standing on it. Huh.

But in the trailer you see Thanos planting Peter, in just his suit, down into the dirt and ...

... in the full Comic Con version of it you again see Peter, not in the Iron Man suit, looking up seemingly injured at Tony and apologizing for something. And you later see a shot of Tony wearing the suit in what looks to be that same scene.

Caliane

Its two separate fights. Flying circle in New york. and yellow earthern wakanda on the ground.
The scene with spiderman being pinned to the ground. pretty sure that is not New york.
Iron man getting punched-wakanda. Iron man sad clutching bloody hand.-wakanda.

Tony has battle damage in the "im sorry mr stark" shot as well. if he missed the fight, why does he have blood and bruises? that shot does have the blue sky, blue/grey metal of what is probably new york.

Royal

Tony has battle damage in the "im sorry mr stark" shot as well. if he missed the fight, why does he have blood and bruises? that shot does have the blue sky, blue/grey metal of what is probably new york.

I mentioned earlier behind a spoiler tag but it is in the released version of the trailer; you can see the face plate fly off of the Iron Man suit when Thanos punches him, if you look closely and freeze it at just the right moment.

Caliane

I'm not 100% sure that is nto background debris. however, would agree, that punch to Ironmans head, is exactly the same spot as the bloody temple on Tony, in the "im sorry" scene.

Royal

Super Bowl Movie Trailers: Netflix’s ‘Cloverfield’ Sequel To Run Spot? ‘Jurassic World’, ‘Mission: Impossible’ & More To Air

Supposedly Disney will run a 30 second and a 45 second spot for unnamed movies during the game. Since BP is going to be in a cross promotional commercial with Lexus it's a good bet that one of those two spots will be for Infinity War (and other probably for Solo). Hopefully those spots will be to announce full length trailer drops online and we'll be getting quite a few new shots. Incredibles 2 could throw a wrinkle into that though.

Royal

A while back I mentioned one of the theories about Peter Dinklage's role ...

.. being that he will play the dwarf that forged Mjolnir and that Thor would go to him to get a new weapon made. Some new Funko POP images show him with an axe-hammer (and both eyes, interestingly):

1qng23w02gc01.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jive Turkey

Karen
Not sure if this is common knowledge, but I came across a photo of some of the new villain character design. Pretty cool. I'll put it in spoilers just in case

avengers-thanos-black-order-d23.jpg

Royal

Pretty sure that was openly posted back during D23 when they were revealed.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
A while back I mentioned one of the theories about Peter Dinklage's role ...

.. being that he will play the dwarf that forged Mjolnir and that Thor would go to him to get a new weapon made. Some new Funko POP images show him with an axe-hammer (and both eyes, interestingly):

1qng23w02gc01.jpg

Thor...

Axe hammer is the Ultimate series version of Mjolnir. You can see him using it in this scene.

People were speculating he'd get this as his new Mjolnir. I never thought this version looked at good.