Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Brad2770

Worf'ed from mobile

When I tap any of them, it doesn’t work. I see it, but it doesn’t “click”.
DF1DBABD-6DB4-4BCF-A983-8C26030B67F4.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Maul

Dental Dammer
The hype is in me, entirely.

Only thing I cant get over is the most advanced city in the world is in Africa, has no one been to the continent or something?

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
the Wakanda Capital is entirely situated at the base of a mountain with giant invisibility fields around it and guards surrounding it 24/7. the only way someone could find it is by walking into it which is nearly impossible to do. the rest of the Wakandan's live in typical African homes on the outskirts.

i am still in hype overload for this movie, I have prime seats for Thursday night.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
wanted to see it thursday-and seats were avail, but the people we are going with were not avail. so seeing it sunday.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
That most recent trailer sure makes Wakanda look pretty central to this story. Do I actually have to watch BP to be prepared?

If so, how bad is it? IM3 bad? F4 bad? upcoming Teen Titans bad? Help me out.

• 1Picard

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I don't see how anyone can actually answer that without seeing this movie first. But have you felt like any of Marvel movies have been linked together in anything but a loose manner?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea, Ragnarok was the first Thor movie I watched and I didn't feel like I was missing anything when watching the Avenger's movies without having seen Thor 1 & 2

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I don't see how anyone can actually answer that without seeing this movie first. But have you felt like any of Marvel movies have been linked together in anything but a loose manner?
Fair point and youre probably right.

I guess my question was motivated by the large number of Wakandan characters in the trailer, all of whom look like generic tribesman_001. I wonder whether anyone besides BP himself plays a role in this. In contrast the side characters from Thor standalone movies dont seem to show up at all in Avengers movies (yes Loki, but he's more than a side character).

Malkav

French Madman
Some BP side characters seem to be pretty central in this, like Shuri (BP's sister and Wakanda lead scientist) or whatsername Wakandan general.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Some BP side characters seem to be pretty central in this, like Shuri (BP's sister and Wakanda lead scientist) or whatsername Wakandan general.

And that right there probably sums up all that's really needed from watching BP. If the wakandan force field is some key plot point they'll have to explain it in IW since it wasn't explained at all in BP.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the marvel movies all do a pretty good job of explaining whatever the individual film needs explained in the individual film itself WITHOUT having it be overexplained for those who've seen all the movies. i've never once felt like "yeah, we know, let's move on." honestly quite the feat in and of itself considering they are melding like 16 films together.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, they will explain what you need to know in the context of the movie, but if you want to know why Okoye, Shuri, and T'Challa are what they are, or why seemingly random soldiers like M'Baku are getting screen time then you'll need to watch Black Panther.

Black Panther should have come out digitally last/this week IMO, but it's still making $4-6M/weekend at the box office.

Dalven

Saor Alba
<Donor>
I went to see it last week on a Tuesday night and there was easily 40 other folk in there - I can't wrap my head around how popular this is.

It's not a bad film although you will roll your eyes at points if SJW shit bothers you. I'd say it's mid tier marvel and not painful to watch - I'd go see it for the sake of completion before Infinity War if I were you. If you sat through Thor 2 then you'll live.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Seeing it in mx4d, prob not worth it buut fuckit. Ticket sales went up at midnight here in Tokyo for the Shinjuku Toho, sold out in seconds.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Anyone hitting the premieres tonight? I know Charlie mentioned posting a small review today and more tomorrow based on what he's allowed.

Fadaar

That guy
people seeing it tonight? welp, bye thread until after I see it Thurs night

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users