Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Obviously this must all be the one scenario that Dr Strange saw as a 'win'. Probably in others Starlord didn't rage and fuck up the 'steal the gauntlet' plan but that still wasn't enough.

I'm not quite sure how Carol Danvers is going to help that much, or indeed where the fuck she was if she wasn't part of the ongoing craziness or previously activated for the other disasters.

Looking at the roster left we are really scant on cosmic-level heroes. Thank goodness Stormbreaker Thor can bifrost them around as necessary since they lost Dr Strange and the only people left on the same planet as the Milano are Tony and Nebula.

I'm guessing they get Hawkeye,Ant-Man and the Wasp off the bench?

The directors do an excellent job of emulating the 'style' of the different element franchises. It really feels like a crossover event as a result with different parts played out in different comics with the same creative team only giving a different side of the bigger picture.

Last edited:

Isifhan

Molten Core Raider
The directors do an excellent job of emulating the 'style' of the different element franchises. It really feels like a crossover event as a result with different parts played out in different comics with the same creative team only giving a different side of the bigger picture.

as soon as the music started playing on the first shot with the Milano I thought the same thing

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Saw it, and was really impressed with the pacing and style.

Everyone will see it of course, but I recommend if you are on the fence at all.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Where do we think this goes with Ms. Marvel? Even Binary Ms Marvel isn't on Thanos' level. Do we think they start to rope in Adam Warlock, Silver Surfer or Sentry? I'm also wishing for Hulk to finally come back out and go worldbreaker, even though that's not gonna happen.

spronk

FPS noob
Do we really need spoiler tags at this point? Don't come into this thread if you haven't seen the movie!

Avengers 3 wrapped filming July 2017. Avengers 4 filmed August 2017 to Jan 2018, so its been in the can a while now and just going through VFX and maybe some reshoots down the line. While originally it was meant as Part 1 & 2 of Infinity Wars, that changed a year ago and its going to be a bit more standalone and people are assuming Captain Marvel is going to pick up some of the interconnected story. The marvel movies for the next year

Ant Man 2 : July 6th, 2018. Probably mostly stand alone, and explain where the fuck Ant Man is?
Captain Marvel: March 9, 2019.
Avengers 4: May 3, 2019
Spider-Man 2: July 5th, 2019

thats currently the ENTIRE line up for 2018 and 2019 (excluding Deadpool 2 and Venom), which is kinda insane after all the buildups we've had for 2016 and 2017. Everything else, including GOTG 3 is set for 2020 on.

I'm pretty sure the only variable Strange "controlled" was keeping Iron Man alive, in every other scenario the team would have fought to the death and everyone die and Thanos wins. By giving up the stone and asking Thanos to spare Stark Thanos still "wins" but Iron Man is alive.

Captain Marvel takes place in the 1980s, Dr. Fury obviously sends her a message through time, I don't know anything about her but clearly the plan involves time travel and Iron Man being key in undoing some of the damage. Most of the people still alive are also OG comic movie folks like Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Thor, etc while the newbies like Spiderman, Black Panther, etc died. I think Avengers 4 will involve mostly the old crew sacrificing themselves to bring back the new crew, in a sort of continued soft reboot of the comic universe to allow many of the actors to gracefully retire.

I thought it was cool seeing Red Skull as well but then read today morning it wasn't Hugo Weaving (who was very dismissive of the role lol) but Ross Marquand (?) from Walking Dead.

best part of watching movie, knowing everything so don't have to worry about little dicked assholes on the internet spoiling things. I opened FSR today and saw some fuckwit had posted a screenshot totally spoiling Infinity War so don't open FSR if you haven't seen the movie yet. That person should get a ban.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Spiderman 2 and Avengers 4 are very close together.

Are they going to drop a trailer for Spiderman 2 and advertise it BEFORE he is brought back in Avengers 4? It's obviously going to happen but it feels odd.

Maybe they will fake out it being set before Averages 4? Like I assume Ant Man 2 is set before Avengers 3?

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
This movie was worth every bit of hype i had for the last few months. best marvel movie hands down.

Where do we think this goes with Ms. Marvel? Even Binary Ms Marvel isn't on Thanos' level. Do we think they start to rope in Adam Warlock, Silver Surfer or Sentry? I'm also wishing for Hulk to finally come back out and go worldbreaker, even though that's not gonna happen.

one of the Marvel Studios guys says that Captain Marvel is going to be the absolute most powerful hero we've seen on the screen. I'm assuming they will do standard Carol Danvers but give her all the Binary powers. without the whole Brood thing.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
They could bootstrap Captain Marvel and have her in all the prior movies out of sight. I wouldn’t be surprised if her movie had a montage at the end with her role in the invasion etc..

Both the Collector and Red Skull seemed to be stand ins for the original actors. Collector seemed to hit the uncanny valley or was it just me?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I didn't expect to see "the best movie I have ever seen" from a comic book film. Will I enjoy this if I haven't watched more than bits and pieces of the last 20 Marvel movies?

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Depends on how much of a pussy you are. You could hear a fucking pin drop during the final 5 minutes and credits. Asking if you’ll enjoy it if you aren’t a fan is kind of hard to say.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I didn't expect to see "the best movie I have ever seen" from a comic book film. Will I enjoy this if I haven't watched more than bits and pieces of the last 20 Marvel movies?

i doubt it, the reason this movie is so amazing is the build up that 10 years of movies have had. if you don't have any attachment to the characters it won't mean as much.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Interesting. I was sure the final ‘reality’ part was a reshoot. His face has artifacts and all. But everything was moving so fast I wasn’t sure.

Burr

Molten Core Raider
This movie is balls to the walls dragon energy. That is all I have to contribute. Lol.

• 2Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Depends on how much of a pussy you are. You could hear a fucking pin drop during the final 5 minutes and credits. Asking if you’ll enjoy it if you aren’t a fan is kind of hard to say.
People were crying in my showings during that.

• 2Worf

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
God damnit I can't stand that ending.

The only announced Marvel or Marvel-related movies after Avengers 4 are New New Spidey 2, Strange 2, Panther 2, and a Guardians featuring Groot and Rocket - and that ending invalidates every one of them.

NO ONE IS GOING TO BELIEVE THIS STICKS.

Now, if all the characters sidelined had fates up in the air? Way more intriguing.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
People were crying in my showings during that.

My wife's only watched like 4 MCU movies and she thought it was decent but she wouldn't put it in any sort of top 20 movie list or anything like that. She didn't know who half the characters were and she HATED the ending, she hated Thanos while I had a Thanos boner the whole time

weirdly she was most excited for the deadpool 2 trailer, i didn't even know she liked the first one that much.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
God damnit I can't stand that ending.

The only announced Marvel or Marvel-related movies after Avengers 4 are New New Spidey 2, Strange 2, Panther 2, and a Guardians featuring Groot and Rocket - and that ending invalidates every one of them.

NO ONE IS GOING TO BELIEVE THIS STICKS.

Now, if all the characters sidelined had fates up in the air? Way more intriguing.

Well to be fair it's similar to the comics, we sort of all saw something of this nature coming as the probable cliffhanger between these two parts. And only us nerds are really that plugged into the "pipeline" to know it jiggers the cliffhanger a bit, I'd assume most of your average joes will just be confused and awestruck as the MCU continues "Wait whaaaa? What's going on, could some of them be back in A4?!" Or whatever.