Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It is definitly set up to have the original crew sacrifice themselves to save the new people. The only deaths that I think will stick from this one are...Loki, Heimdall, Gamora and Vision. Basically all of those that died before the finger snapping at the end. They'll reverse what Thanos did when he snapped his finger but not what happened before.

I think there will be most likely a few deaths in Avengers 4, probably Captain America, maybe Iron Man. I think they are grooming Shuri to replace Stark as the tech provider for the MCU.

I doubt they'll kill Thor, Hemsworth seems to be the one most willing to continue, and they can easily have him away from earth rebuilding Asgard, I think some must still be alive since we haven’t seen Valkyrie dead. His absence would not feel to Strange that way and allow Hemsworth to continue but with more time between appearance.

I'm curious as to how they'll explain Captain Marvel not being seen before since she existed since the 90's and seems to be just a phone call away so to speak. I think she’ll be the rallying force for the remaining avengers setting her as leader if Captain America dies.

Avengers isn’t coming soon enough that’s for sure.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
It is definitly set up to have the original crew sacrifice themselves to save the new people. The only deaths that I think will stick from this one are...Loki, Heimdall, Gamora and Vision. Basically all of those that died before the finger snapping at the end. They'll reverse what Thanos did when he snapped his finger but not what happened before.

I think there will be most likely a few deaths in Avengers 4, probably Captain America, maybe Iron Man. I think they are grooming Shuri to replace Stark as the tech provider for the MCU.

I doubt they'll kill Thor, Hemsworth seems to be the one most willing to continue, and they can easily have him away from earth rebuilding Asgard, I think some must still be alive since we haven’t seen Valkyrie dead. His absence would not feel to Strange that way and allow Hemsworth to continue but with more time between appearance.

I'm curious as to how they'll explain Captain Marvel not being seen before since she existed since the 90's and seems to be just a phone call away so to speak. I think she’ll be the rallying force for the remaining avengers setting her as leader if Captain America dies.

Im pretty sure Valk was laying dead in the beginning on the ship. They said they got half the people off the ship (More liek Thanos let half live as per his deal) and was likely all civilians. Korg and Miek are off screen deaths for sure.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I assume this all was filmed before they expanded Tessa Thompson’s role in Ragnarok. They filmed this movie around the same time.

There is otherwise zero reference and that didn’t make sense. Even ant man was referenced.

Also pretty sure that was the reason for the eye. I think some scenes were filmed before Ragnarok and they added the scene with RR rather than reshoot the second half.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Movie was perfect. From the CG to the battle scenes. So much death I loved it. Defintely in my top 3 movies of all time. I loved how Thanos was potrayed in the movie. I was cheering for him the whole time. April was an awesome month for entertainment. 1st God of War for video gaming and now Infinity War for movies. Both a 10.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Rocket better get that arm in his next movie.

Yeah. I was thinking the same. Or RR gets a tiny version of it after losing his. I really wonder what direction they plan on going. Cpt. Marvel alone isn’t what they need and they did nothing to set up Secret Wars. Though I’d really love to see Deadpool play his role in that. For non nerds he’s basically the savior. Also would love to see Moondragon. They’ve skirted around the edges with her in Drax storyline.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I loved the hell out of this. Such a good movie. I haven't seen anyone nitpick yet, so allow me to be the first. I laughed.

I'll spoiler it just because it talks about the movie. I don't really think it's a spoiler, but better safe than sorry.
The entire point of Age of Ultron was for the city to not plummet back to Earth, thus causing an extinction level event.
Yet when team Thanos arrives in Wakanda, they drop these enormous monolith type things full of Zerglings all around the city. And somehow these don't also cause an ELE by all landing at the same moment. I smiled at that. Makes AoU seem even dumber.

Oh, and change of subject. Peter Quill fucks everything up TWICE! He doesn't shoot Gamora, then lets his pussy ego stand in the way of separating the gauntlet from Thanos. Way to go, Starlord. You fail!

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I'll spoiler it just because it talks about the movie. I don't really think it's a spoiler, but better safe than sorry.
The entire point of Age of Ultron was for the city to not plummet back to Earth, thus causing an extinction level event.
Yet when team Thanos arrives in Wakanda, they drop these enormous monolith type things full of Zerglings all around the city. And somehow these don't also cause an ELE by all landing at the same moment. I smiled at that. Makes AoU seem even dumber.

Oh, and change of subject. Peter Quill fucks everything up TWICE! He doesn't shoot Gamora, then lets his pussy ego stand in the way of separating the gauntlet from Thanos. Way to go, Starlord. You fail!

Age of Ultron had its faults, but the dropships (literally eh) at the end of Infinity War that release the Outriders were MUCH smaller than Sokovia at the end of AoU. And four small things dropping on Earth doesn't equal the impact of something four times bigger dropping. Which Sokovia wasn't, it was much bigger than four dropships.

Glad to see everyone had a blast, this was indeed an awesome movie. Going back to see it tomorrow with some other friends who'll see it for the first time, can't wait to spot some more details, there was so much going on.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Loved it. First 10min or so of the movie had me ecstatic about where it might end.
Really like how they portrayed the relationship between Thanos and Gamora, it made Thanos into the best villain ever in the MCU.. someone with the power and will to see his desire fulfilled, yet still being able to feel the consequences. Excellent. Only disappointment with the film were the Black Guard.

• 2Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Loved it. First 10min or so of the movie had me ecstatic about where it might end.
Really like how they portrayed the relationship between Thanos and Gamora, it made Thanos into the best villain ever in the MCU.. someone with the power and will to see his desire fulfilled, yet still being able to feel the consequences. Excellent. Only disappointment with the film were the Black Guard.
I liked how they made him into a complex character. He loved Gamora and he even cried when he threw her off the cliff to her death and still felt guilt afterwards.

• 2Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>

I'll go you one further step in your theory...

So... young black girl as the new tech genius with Iron Man gone... where have I seen something just like that already....
imvim2015_promo.jpg

...ahem.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I loved the hell out of this. Such a good movie. I haven't seen anyone nitpick yet, so allow me to be the first. I laughed.

He did shoot Gamora. That was the whole point of their angsty scene. Thanos just turned the gun into a bubble machine. He knew all along that with the reality stone Gamora was safe, he just wanted to give Quill an extra chance at misery by having to make the decision to kill the one he loved. And then see it was all for naught anyway.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I liked how they made him into a complex character. He loved Gamora and he even cried when he threw her off the cliff to her death and still felt guilt afterwards.

The way they portrayed Thanos to me is the highlight of the movie.

He's not a raving lunatic that wants to destroy half the universe for fun or to rule it, he's doing what he's doing because he believes it needs to be done. It's not something that brings him joy. He believes it's for the greater good if the universe is too survive. He failed to act in the past and it had serious consequences and doesn't want this to happen again.

I like how there's almost always a sense of regret that he has to do what he's doing whenever he talks about it.

It shocked Gamora to realize that he truly loves her in his own way, and the thing he's done to her was, for, what he believes, her own good. I mean she was gloating that all of his plans were screwed because it required from him a sacrifice of something he loved, and that he didn't love anyone or anything.

And the end. "You should have gone for the head." SNAP. Half the universe gone. :)

So fucking epic, and I think I might have mentioned before that that was how I wanted the movie to end, but didn't think Marvel would have the balls to do it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
What was with the Thanos and Gamora (as a child) scene at the very end? That was kinda weird...
I was hoping that would of been Death so he could prove his love to her but I'm starting to feel that's not his motive for killing half of life in the universe

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Great flick, good humor throughout and ramped up to a very somber, moving finale.

For mongs like me who have gone into all of these movies blind basically, I assume the next movie is the remaining heroes somehow get Thanos' gauntlet and time warp back to the Vision moment? Was fucking PISSED about Spiderman

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
And the end. "You should have gone for the head." SNAP. Half the universe gone. :)

So fucking epic, and I think I might have mentioned before that that was how I wanted the movie to end, but didn't think Marvel would have the balls to do it.
I think a better end for this board would be "You should have gone for the head." *snap* <credits>
We would have been super pissed off about not knowing what happened, but then we could speculate which heroes got to live and which got to die. That would have been Game of Thrones / Westworld levels of thread speculation.
Oh well, this was also good. Just a little less suspenseful.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user