Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I thought something was off during the stormbreaker scene but yeah design was retarded. I have more issues with the hammer than i do with dinklages character

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I think they used the Silver Surfer axe. He briefly changed it for BRBill in the comics. Wasn’t a hammer for some reason.

Caliane

Saw it last night. Loved it. I think I like movie Thanos motivations more than the comic. They really hit it out of the park with him.

I'd love to debate this elsewhere but people would jump straight to genocidal maniac...

...but Thanos isn't wrong, in a way. Too many mouths to feed will lead to slow and agonizing suffering.

People want to be shocked and horrified by the thought, but we are still animals that must kill to live, and he's only a catalyst for the natural order of things.

why don't you just double the size of the universe?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
He turned into Ultimates Thor.

250px-Thor_%28Ultimate_Marvel_character%29.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I rewatched the original Avengers trailer and noticed this in the original trailer, I am now genuinely curious if the Hulk/Hulkbuster change will have a deeper story

WAxMSYt.jpg

There is also a scene where Thanos says he doesn't smile much but getting the second or third stone does bring a smile to his face, don't think I remember that in the movie.

I am super pumped to see this a third and fourth time, been a long time since a movie has made me wanna drag my ass back to a theater.
I was just thinking what a red herring hulkbuster ironman was.

I still wish Thanos' voice was more imposing. His character was however unexpectedly touching. He was relatable in a Dr. Doom kind of way.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
was dinklage yelling 'hold it thor' an easter egg shout out to hodor. I swore he purposely made it sound like hold the door

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Favorite comic movie now. 10/10 for me. Christ you NEVER have that many hero's in a movie. Every single one shined. They nailed this shit.

Thanos is my favorite bad guy after Vader now. They did a great job with him.

My ONLY gripe was:

Thor's hammer...well and how bad Dinklage was.

Theater was sold out obviously. People seriously cheered when Black Panther came on screen. Here I am cheering at
Thanos just sitting looking at the sunset after killing half the universe...because I remember that scene in the comics. Thought it was the ending though.

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Caliane

So seeing it three times in a 24 hour period is just asking for your heart to be wrenched over and over again. That ending scene with Thanos smiling right with the ending note of the music being played, to the emotional turmoil seen in Tony's eyes with Peter. The movie was about as perfect as it could get for me. A solid 10/10. I'll be seeing this a few more times in theaters before its run is up.

Next up is spoilerish to a degree so avoid it if you want. So when Thanos snapped his fingers we see him transported somewhere. I realized it on my second viewing it had to be the inside of the Soul Stone. The orange atmosphere and the soul of Gamora inside. It just clicked. Its surprising how I haven't met anyone yet who has made the connection. You see his gauntlet wrecked after he comes out the gem wondering what happened. You can also see damage to his arm as he teleports out and as he walks to his seat at the end. Makes me wonder what he plans to do with the stones now that his glove and possibly arm are ruined. Next year cant come fast enough.
very possible. I had personally had thought it was a vision with Death, coming to him in the image of Gamora.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The more I think about it, the more I think Iron Man is going to be the one dying in Avengers 4, maybe more will die but Tony for sure, and the reason I think so is because the way Spider-Man died. Most of the death from Thanos snapping is finger were just the character turning into ash. None truly had a send off like Spider-Man did, saying he didn’t want to die, and crying in Tony's arm...and i think that will be what will motivated him to sacrifice himself...not just to make things right, but for Peter specifically they went to great length in Civil War, Homecoming and now Infinity War to show how much Tony cares for Peter.

I’d like to see it happen like this...Captain America and Iron Man still haven’t gotten together yet in the movie, no resolution to their Civil War break up. One group is fighting Thanos when the other arrives and help. At some point Tony and Steve look at each other, realize what needs to be done...no words said...they just nod to each other and they do it, Iron Man sacrifices himself, maybe even Captain America...and it's what leads to victory.

Man this is going to be a ducking long year this part 2.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy
The more I think about it, the more I think Iron Man is going to be the one dying in Avengers 4, maybe more will die but Tony for sure, and the reason I think so is because the way Spider-Man died. Most of the death from Thanos snapping is finger were just the character turning into ash. None truly had a send off like Spider-Man did, saying he didn’t want to die, and crying in Tony's arm...and i think that will be what will motivated him to sacrifice himself...not just to make things right, but for Peter specifically they went to great length in Civil War, Homecoming and now Infinity War to show how much Tony cares for Peter.

I’d like to see it happen like this...Captain America and Iron Man still haven’t gotten together yet in the movie, no resolution to their Civil War break up. One group is fighting Thanos when the other arrives and help. At some point Tony and Steve look at each other, realize what needs to be done...no words said...they just nod to each other and they do it, Iron Man sacrifices himself, maybe even Captain America...and it's what leads to victory.

Man this is going to be a ducking long year this part 2.

Obvious route is for Stark to die and Rogers to retire and let Bucky take over as Captain America. Or he could die, end result basically the same. Either way I don't see those two being 'regular' characters anymore after Avengers 4.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Obvious route is for Stark to die and Rogers to retire and let Bucky take over as Captain America. Or he could die, end result basically the same. Either way I don't see those two being 'regular' characters anymore after Avengers 4.

I think it's Cap that's going out and Stark retiring. Mainly because of the talk Tony and Pepper have at the beginning of the movie.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I think it's Cap that's going out and Stark retiring. Mainly because of the talk Tony and Pepper have at the beginning of the movie.

If one of them has to die, I really hope it's Cap, Bucky can easily pick up that shield for any Stage 4 movie. And if Tony is retired and alive, Shuri can become Ironheart and Tony can mentor-cameo for her and peter. Even a little RDJ goes a long way in a marvel movie.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
I always thought hulk had infinity strength cause if he was getting beat down he would just get madder and stronger.

for plot and images
Thanos knocked him out too fast for his strength to go up.
In A4, I'd love for them to do a scene like this from the Onslaught saga, where the Banner personality gets turned completely off and immediately he gets a strength boost to withstand Onslaught's hits and, well see for yourself:
tumblr_orn1ipkdje1rvm5qqo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_orn1ipkdje1rvm5qqo2_1280.jpg
tumblr_orn1ipkdje1rvm5qqo4_1280.jpg
tumblr_orn1ipkdje1rvm5qqo5_1280.jpg

of course, it still wouldnt be enough to kill Thanos, but would severely weaken him, and the audience gets that glimmer of hope then the holy shit moment when Hulks sacrifice meant nothing

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
very possible. I had personally had thought it was a vision with Death, coming to him in the image of Gamora.

I saw a video with somebody speculating about it taking place inside the soul stone too, but if so why?
My thinking was that a part of Thanos actually died when he snapped. Either in taking out half of the universe, he inadvertently took out half of himself. Or there was a price exacted just from the soul stone being used. And yeah, whatever was damaged went into the stone with Gamora.

My minor gripe with the movie was the lack of Hulk, and only seeing him get beat down when we did see him. But I'm sure they'll make the wait worthwhile when part 4 comes up, Hulk power up incoming?

Really want to see this again asap. Too much goodness in this movie to fully absorb in one sitting.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
This movie is everything that is wrong with Hollywood and has been since the early 1980's and the death of the auteur filmmaker boom after the collapse of the old Hollywood system.

But most of you are mouthbreathing retards so I'm sure you'll like it. It's 100% spectacle and boom pow bang bang flashy shit.

40+ characters and a shit story. What a train wreck.

Fuck this gay earth.

• 14Picard
  • 8Salty
  • 2Dislike
Reactions: 24 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
This movie is everything that is wrong with Hollywood and has been since the early 1980's and the death of the auteur filmmaker boom after the collapse of the old Hollywood system.

But most of you are mouthbreathing retards so I'm sure you'll like it. It's 100% spectacle and boom pow bang bang flashy shit.

40+ characters and a shit story. What a train wreck.

Fuck this gay earth.
Maybe you should go back to upper BRS. I think MC might be a little too much for you to handle.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
I'm not pissed off at Marvel for making another bad movie. I'm pissed off at you assholes for convincing me that, maybe, for once, they put out something worth watching.

I don't know what happened to you people. You used to have good taste.

• 7Salty
  • 4Picard
Reactions: 10 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
why don't you just double the size of the universe?

Yep, was my main issue. Double the energy in the Universe in a way that doesn't affect life, thus doubling the resources and halving the rate of entropy. Quadruple it, if you want. Make stars magical so they draw energy from dimensions with infinite amounts, like Strange, thus stopping the whole idea of entropy and a limitation of resources. We could go all day with ideas that avoid murdering half of all people.