Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, man, I'd fucking hate it if I got paid multimillions of dollars to walk around in spandex and punch the air in front of a green screen. Total hellscape.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, man, I'd fucking hate it if I got paid multimillions of dollars to walk around in spandex and punch the air in front of a green screen. Total hellscape.

Oh, agreed. I don't think any of them would honestly trade it away. It's just snobbery over "real acting" but fuck that. Dance for your supper monkeys.

• 3Worf

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I bought disney at 17$ and sold at 21 probably just a decade ago. Maybe more. Think it hit 115 this year. People used to talk about who was going to buy Disney out. Jesus.

spronk

FPS noob
sHo1dBB.png

not opening in china until May 11th either, should probably do $200m there opening weekend

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just watched it, I'm sure I'll be going back. Whoever called it the Empire of this generation nailed it - some wide eyed teens pouring out of the theater trying to process the epic shit they just witnessed.

Marvel really has perfected the art of balancing heavy or poignant moments with some levity. It makes the forced bullshit of TLJ seem even more ridiculous in retrospect (eg. the mama joke at the start).

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
This was excellent. I remember a time when too many characters guaranteed a worse movie. Here they were all used great. I mean they all shined.

Would have been funny if they did a quick of Hawkeye at his house seeing his family die at the end.

Thor's weapon was facepalm tho - an axe head isn't two pieces and the handle looked weak

After credit was bullshit mainly due to credits taking forever. Movie had everybody on edge and wanting closure, but the credits took so long that it was buzzkill - and anybody following the films knew that it was coming.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Upon second viewing I have found one thing about the movie which has let me down on a phenomenal level, but probably because other comic movies have set a high bar...

If you call Steve Rogers phone number, which you see on the flip phone, it goes to a Verizon "out of service" message. If this had been Deadpool marketing and production that shit would have gotten you , at minimum, a great voicemail greeting. I AM DISSAPOINT.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
I rewatched the original Avengers trailer and noticed this in the original trailer, I am now genuinely curious if the Hulk/Hulkbuster change will have a deeper story

WAxMSYt.jpg

There is also a scene where Thanos says he doesn't smile much but getting the second or third stone does bring a smile to his face, don't think I remember that in the movie.

I am super pumped to see this a third and fourth time, been a long time since a movie has made me wanna drag my ass back to a theater.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
A few people have said that the gauntlet appears to have burned itself out. So he has the stones, but he hasn't got a full-on power gauntlet. Not anymore. The only one who has a gauntlet (without stones) is Eitri. (so yes, more Dinklage in Avengers 4).

Wild speculation: we don't have Star Lord anymore, who was the only one capable of weilding stones. So I think we need another cosmic hero...ine.

Eitri only had a mold I think.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Wild speculation: we don't have Star Lord anymore, who was the only one capable of weilding stones. So I think we need another cosmic hero...ine.

I don't know what you consider wielding, because Doctor Strange had the Time Stone and used it.

• 1Solidarity

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I rewatched the original Avengers trailer and noticed this in the original trailer, I am now genuinely curious if the Hulk/Hulkbuster change will have a deeper story

WAxMSYt.jpg

There is also a scene where Thanos says he doesn't smile much but getting the second or third stone does bring a smile to his face, don't think I remember that in the movie.

I am super pumped to see this a third and fourth time, been a long time since a movie has made me wanna drag my ass back to a theater.

They have been using false scenes in their trailers that never were meant to be in the movie. The reason they show the Hulk in the trailer is probably not to spoil the fact that it's Ruffalo in the Hulkbuster and that he can't change into the Hulk.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
They have been using false scenes in their trailers that never were meant to be in the movie. The reason they show the Hulk in the trailer is probably not to spoil the fact that it's Ruffalo in the Hulkbuster and that he can't change into the Hulk.

I always thought hulk had infinity strength cause if he was getting beat down he would just get madder and stronger.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I always thought hulk had infinity strength cause if he was getting beat down he would just get madder and stronger.

He does in the comics, not so much it seems in the MCU. I mean Thor's god powers upgrade has put him as the most powerful Avenger atm imo. If Captain Marvel is supposed to be even stronger that's pretty crazy.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
The cgi of ruffalo in the suit when the helmet off was so bad looking

Only gripe.

• 9Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
I know most of you will roll your eyes at this, but I am a gigantic Hawkeye fan. Wish he was in this.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users