Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Black panther in the comics is fucking stupid.
View attachment 164045
I thought BP's indestructibility in the movie was stupid.

I've only glimpsed Iron Spider - so forgive my ignorance: I feel like an ironman suit would make him worse by clunk. In homecoming, we saw some great gadgets - but in an actual suit?

In Ragnarok, Strange was Dues Ex Machina power level

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How has anyone remotely interested in comic books and/or these movies not already spoilered themselves? I can't think of one memorable narrative from any Marvel movie. They're about somewhat quirky dialogue, quips/jokes, and fun set pieces.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

Hard not to watch all these little clips they keep releasing. Must stop, gdi.

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
I haven't seen BP or Spiderman homecoming, do I need to see them before this?

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Not really. The only required viewings are Iron Man 3, Thor 1, and Thor 2.

Oh, and the Andrew Garfield Spiderman movies are related, somehow.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>

Since a lot of this seems to go happen in Wakanda, I would say BP would be a solid one to catch. Spiderman , I think I can sum up the involvement....

Spiderman gets to kicked up new suit in Civil War, it gets further unlocked in Homecoming. He and Tony bitch at one another a lot.. Tony shows him the Iron Spider suit at the end and invites him to be an Avenger and he declines, then goes back to NYC (still with his hopped up suit, but not full on Iron Spider level.)

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm ready now, I watched Thor Ragnarok which ended my run of watching all of the MCU movies again to prepare for this. Took me about 3 months, but I'm done...bring it on now. :)

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Bought tickets for Thursday without thinking that its the goddamn NFL draft. DOUBLE BOOKED AND GOTTA AVOID SPOILERS

• 1Solidarity

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm

We've known since the first IW trailer that Wakanda will feature prominently in the movie, so while you don't need to see it to cover plot gaps, BP provides some background/context for one of the major settings.

The extra credit scenes offer some pretty minor continuity as well.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I thought BP's indestructibility in the movie was stupid.

I've only glimpsed Iron Spider - so forgive my ignorance: I feel like an ironman suit would make him worse by clunk. In homecoming, we saw some great gadgets - but in an actual suit?

In Ragnarok, Strange was Dues Ex Machina power level

Deus Ex Machina Power?

You mean the Sorcerer supreme who is the most powerful magic user on earth, and battles interdimensional gods was actually depicted as being powerful?

Crazy.

Also, all he did in the film was catch loki in a rift, the same loki that has been shot by an arrow by Hawkeye and crushed by hulk.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Spoilers are everywhere folks. Browse with caution! Looks like it’s getting high first impressions.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Deus Ex Machina Power?

You mean the Sorcerer supreme who is the most powerful magic user on earth, and battles interdimensional gods was actually depicted as being powerful?

Crazy.

Also, all he did in the film was catch loki in a rift, the same loki that has been shot by an arrow by Hawkeye and crushed by hulk.

Yea, if you subscribe to the rock/paper/scissors theory of superhero powers Thor was always weak against magic. It's why Loki was a good villain for him. Loki being vulnerable to Strange was more Strange catching him by surprise.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
First impression are looking great. Funny, a lot of cool character interactions, very emotional, lots of chill running down your spine moments. Thanos is awesome.

The few somewhat negatives were about that there's too much stuff happening, a criticism that was somewhat expected to be honest with the number of characters involved.

I'm totally excited.

• 1Solidarity

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I look forward to seeing this next week at a lunch showing with a handful of other people in the audience...

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

If you had to pick one to watch I'd say Black
First impression are looking great. Funny, a lot of cool character interactions, very emotional, lots of chill running down your spine moments. Thanos is awesome.

The few somewhat negatives were about that there's too much stuff happening, a criticism that was somewhat expected to be honest with the number of characters involved.

I'm totally excited.

I was loling at some of the reactions where people were still swooning over Black Panther saying it was better.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
BP is probably better to fully understand everything going on in Wakanda and what Wakanda is (i still think the worst part about black panther is black panther / killmonger) the world building and things about the nation were the best part of the movie imo. i would put it firmly in the middle of the pack of marvel movies. Spiderman on the other hand i would say probably has less interesting back story since we all know who spiderman is, but has a great villain - who knew they could make vulture bad ass and still relatable as a criminal, i'd probably rate this higher than BP - but purely from an Infinity war standpoint if you saw civil war you know everything you need to know about spiderman, not necessarily everything you need to know about Wakanda.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Looks like Charlie had a hard time talking about the movie without being able to talk about the movie....