Avenue 5

velk

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, show seems outright bad. I am not sure it even got a smile out of me over the two episodes, let alone a laugh.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I agree, other than a few chuckles here and there this show is real retarded. I have a hard time believing Hugh Laurie would associate his name with this.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
People pointing out the inaccuracies of space travel in a fucking comedy of this caliber is lol. Fucking nerds, I swear.

Still need to watch the second episode. First one was intriguing enough to continue, but it wasn't that funny.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Hopefully this is one of those shows where it takes 2-3 episodes to find it's groove and then gets great (Frisky Dingo, Arrested Development, What We Do in The Shadows). Or at LEAST one of the shows where the first season is okay, but the 2nd+ seasons are amazing (Parks and Rec comes to mind).

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'll keep with it. HBO is usually on it with the comedy game. Curb, Veep, Silicon Valley, Eastbound & Down, Vice Principals. Even their "failed" comedies like The Brink were pretty damn funny.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
People pointing out the inaccuracies of space travel in a fucking comedy of this caliber is lol. Fucking nerds, I swear.
Yeah, shut the fuck up. Silicon Valley is a good example of a comedy done right. It's a satire of the software development world that was actually close to the mark. People who are both familiar and ignorant of the subject equally found it humorous.

Avenue 5 feels like it's composed of writers who wanted to do a comedy in space but have zero and I mean ZERO understanding of the science and physics. It of course doesn't have to be 100% realistic but at least be somewhat consistent with the most basic rules of our universe.

I'll give it one more episode to right this ship.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
First episode was ok but interest dropped during episode 2 to bleh

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah, shut the fuck up. Silicon Valley is a good example of a comedy done right. It's a satire of the software development world that was actually close to the mark. People who are both familiar and ignorant of the subject equally found it humorous.

Avenue 5 feels like it's composed of writers who wanted to do a comedy in space but have zero and I mean ZERO understanding of the science and physics. It of course doesn't have to be 100% realistic but at least be somewhat consistent with the most basic rules of our universe.

I'll give it one more episode to right this ship.

I guess one episode should have been sending a transmission and waiting the entire episode just for one side to receive the call. That would lead to such a disjointed story between Earth and the ship.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I guess one episode should have been sending a transmission and waiting the entire episode just for one side to receive the call. That would lead to such a disjointed story between Earth and the ship.
No, what to do is don't even bother with that joke because it can't be portrayed in a way that makes sense. If they were on the Moon then that joke would've been fine. But not around Titan.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
I'm giving up on this, gave it three episodes and it hasn't been funny at all. Some serious talent wasted on this

Oldbased

> Than U
I have no fucking idea what I just spent 1.5 hours watching. It is like some good talent wanted to take on The Orville and started filming without a script.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm in lock step agreement with television here usually, but I find this show funny and will continue to watch. It's hard to imagine how the situation could get worse each episode but it does. Reminds me of Danny McBride comedy. Which I find hilarious.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I think this show's biggest problem is it's just too over the top. All of the characters are one dimensional, turbo charged cliches. None of the characters feel relatable in any way, except for maybe the engineer chick.

I like absurdism, but this is a bit too absurd.

Also, whining about realism in a show like this is about as absurd as this show is.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Something like the first half of Episode 1 with the back half of Episode 3 would have done a lot to help the show get off its feet. Just get it all out in the open and move forward with the silliness and absurdity. Instead we got 2.5 boring episodes of mostly bad humor with little direction. Haven’t watched Ep4 yet but at least Ep3 was like a 5/10 instead of 2/10.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I cannot believe this is what followed up Veep. What a mess.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I gave up on this show 10minutes in the first episode. This makes Star Wars Ep 8 look good, fucking trainwreck.

• 1Like