Awesome Games Done Quick 2014: Speedrunning For Charity - January 5th-11th

Sean_sl

shitlord
The speed runners are doing their charity event again. Here's the stream:SpeedDemosArchiveSDA - Twitch

ScheduleAwesome Games Done Quick

Donation and Prize Tracker:Awesome Games Done Quick 2014 -- Index

Please donate to these guys if you can, they're doing a charity for cancer:Awesome Games Done Quick

This is what they managed to raise previously:

SGDQ2013 raised over $255,000 for Doctors Without Borders
AGDQ2013 raised over $448,423.27 for the Prevent Cancer Foundation

These guys are really awesome and do some amazing things in this event. I loved watching them last year and it was really impressive. Please give these guys your time.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Watched Cave Story last night, that guy was really good. Though it was funny to watch the horribly bored look on his face while he played.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
I love watching these marathons. I stream the whole thing basically 24/7 and donate every year. Amazing what these guys can do both in terms of money for charity as well as how ridiculous their speedruns are.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Fuck. I keep missing them play. I've always wanted to donate to them. Watch pretty much every single movie of theirs.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
They are doing Mega Man 2 now, which is easily my top 3 fave NES Games. :40 doesn't seem like that great a speed run though. I used to clock about an hour on the game just doing a clean run on difficult back in the day. I'm hoping he comes in a bit under the estimate.

Needless

Toe Sucker
all of their times are worst time/case scenario + leeway. Emphasis on added leeway.
His WR is something around 27 minutes.

So glad to see obdajr closing the marathon with chrono trigger, thats the one game i don't really want to miss lol

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
He's been glitching through most of the stages. Pretty impressive.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
It's funny to watch sometimes. I just watched him waste a minute+ trying to perform a glitch that would have saved him like 15 secs.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Just when you thought charity couldnt get any faggier.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I'm looking forward to the 3 hour Yoshi's Island marathon speed run. I have no idea how conservative an estimate that is, but 100% that game quickly and efficiently is gonna be hard work.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm looking forward to the 3 hour Yoshi's Island marathon speed run. I have no idea how conservative an estimate that is, but 100% that game quickly and efficiently is gonna be hard work.
Trihex is pretty much the man when it comes to that game, at least in terms of "swag" as he likes to say lol. One of the other nerds that will be on the couch is the WR holder though apparently.

I love AGDQ, its a shame im stuck in an office job now so i can't really watch the majority of it. It was much more enjoyable when i worked form home lol