Awesome Games Done Quick 2016 - 2019

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Used to enjoy watching this but now it's facemasks and trannys everywhere. Clicked on it just now and saw this gem.

she/her*

*doubt

trannydeleteafterpost.jpg

• 3Barf
  • 3Worf
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 6 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Also probably avowed communists despite their entire existence being defined by entertainment products and people throwing excess wealth at them during their leisure time

• 2Like
  • 2Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
i was wondering why people in chat kept saying chef to everything, the ratatouille run is pretty hilarious and awesome and what started that meme i guess

Needless

Toe Sucker
this blind botw shit is too much autism man these dudes gotta be locked up and put down

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
i was wondering why people in chat kept saying chef to everything, the ratatouille run is pretty hilarious and awesome and what started that meme i guess

Imagine spending 10000 hours of your life mastering the Ratatouille video game.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

1685885378727.png

1685885474837.png

viewership and donations down significantly.

Obvious solution, need more autistic trannies

Caliane

compare summer to summer, and awesome to awesome.
Also, go back further. Back to before the cult took over completely.

Engagement is way down, but donations seems pretty static at 3m. clearly 90% of the donations are from corporations.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Even if you do AGDQ 2023 to AGDQ 2022 though it is down. One year isn't a trend but I'd also disagree with "pretty static at $3m."

That's some pretty hard rounding to go up from $2.6M and down from $3.4M. An $800k difference is a 25% drop? Probably a lot of factors. The "engagement" is definitely down even if the donations are whatever related. If the total donations were more even, viewers, chats, etc you could just argue that the economy is down and everyone is just donating less. But more and more people are just not tuning in and caring. Like me.

1685904782101.png

1685904802354.png

• 1Like

Szlia

I suspect they face a conundrum when it comes to filling their schedule: they need to show new things but they also need to show popular things and these are not in infinite supply. Sure, there can be some breakthrough in the route of the main category of popular games that could justify showcasing them again, but that's the exception, not the norm. Another problem is that the event is extremely costly for the most popular runners. A key issue with streaming is that you lose a lot of subscribers when on breaks, not to mention ads/donations/sponsored stuff, so past some critical mass, taking a week off for charity, meeting some friends in person, mingling with other speedrunners and getting some exposure is not the greatest plan. Both these things combine in a way that result in a schedule, packed with games I don't care about run by people I don't know. So it's difficult to make me tune in (I only checked the Mario Maker 2 race).

• 1Pathetic

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I suspect they face a conundrum when it comes to filling their schedule: they need to show new things but they also need to show popular things and these are not in infinite supply. Sure, there can be some breakthrough in the route of the main category of popular games that could justify showcasing them again, but that's the exception, not the norm. Another problem is that the event is extremely costly for the most popular runners. A key issue with streaming is that you lose a lot of subscribers when on breaks, not to mention ads/donations/sponsored stuff, so past some critical mass, taking a week off for charity, meeting some friends in person, mingling with other speedrunners and getting some exposure is not the greatest plan. Both these things combine in a way that result in a schedule, packed with games I don't care about run by people I don't know. So it's difficult to make me tune in (I only checked the Mario Maker 2 race).

None of those are new issues though. You could say that stuff about any year.

Even if you do AGDQ 2023 to AGDQ 2022 though it is down. One year isn't a trend but I'd also disagree with "pretty static at $3m."

That's some pretty hard rounding to go up from $2.6M and down from $3.4M. An $800k difference is a 25% drop? Probably a lot of factors. The "engagement" is definitely down even if the donations are whatever related. If the total donations were more even, viewers, chats, etc you could just argue that the economy is down and everyone is just donating less. But more and more people are just not tuning in and caring. Like me.

View attachment 476532
View attachment 476533

Weren't there a few people claiming these things are "more successful than ever" a few days ago? I'd highly doubt that. A bunch of fearful man-children sitting around wearing masks and clutching dolls isn't what I consider entertaining to look at, and judging from recent trends in entertainment and buying, my views on things like this are the norm.

I wish I could /pathetic this whole thread without damaging anyone's scores

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users