Awesome kids toys that you play with

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Um, yeah they still exist. Maybe not at your local Toys R Us, but they still make them. I would say, hobby shops would most likely have things like that.
http://www.scientificsonline.com/sci...stry-kits.html
From that link under big boy toys. Trebuchet kit for hurling golf balls.

3123774_p2.jpg

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I beat the everloving shit out of my kids with those Toys R Us lightsabers.

At first they were just for the kids. Then I bought two more and started beating their monkey-asses at the same time. Darth Papa is not to be trifled with.

edit: These badboys light up and light down just like a lightsaber without the gay telescope effect and they're pretty light (ie harmless). Only about 25-30 bucks and very sturdy. Still haven't broken one.

rrr_img_32507.jpg

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
I had a chemistry set as a kid. Highly doubt you can get those anymore either. Talk about something to get a kid interested in science at a young age.
Thames & Kosmos seems to have the most popular kits.

http://www.amazon.com/Thames-Kosmos-...1000+chemistry

Basic starter kit there. and the C3000 is the high-school prep science kit.

I loved my chem kit as a kid. In high school lab partners would just copy off of me and our prof used to let me group go outside to do things (he was a serious hippy though). He even got me a summer job with a retired biology professor who was sticking electrodes into corn to determine all sorts of fun agricultural stuff. Was a fun summer. First time I programmed EEPROMS.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How has slinkies not been mentioned yet? Perfect toy for idle hands. Besides your balls, of course.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
so I was in Toys-R-US the other day buying a birthday present for a nephew, and as I walked down the aisle with all the Star Wars toys I found that it looks like they are re-releasing all of the original Star Wars vehicles from the early 80s (original movies) in the same retro-looking packaging and everything.

I damn near bought an AT-AT, but it was $130. They had original style X-Wing, Millenium Falcon($200), a Tie Fighter, and the aforementioned AT-AT

ENDOR-AT-AT-Box-002.jpg

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Do the figures even have the stiff unbend-able arms and legs like the good old days? If so, I'm sold!

PS I need a mancave in my house
tongue.png

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nice. I think my parents still have our Millenium Falcon toy plus the Rebel Transport

Hk2FqmT.jpg

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
My mom still has all of my Star Wars figures in a big bucket in her attic, but she sold all of my ships/playsets long ago at a garage sale :/ Wish I had them for my son in a few years, but holding on to that much crap for 20 years is a little unrealistic. I also wish I had my GI Joe Aircraft Carrier for my son, but that thing was 6-feet long, storing it would have been a total bitch.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I used to have epic battles with my GI Joes. Usually revolving around a doomsday scenario that ended in nuclear holocaust. Rolling Thunder made sure of that:
rrr_img_46177.jpg

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I always hated kids who mixed their toys. GI Joes fight GI Joes, not Star Wars. It was two completely different worlds and didn't make any sense. My brother used to have GI Joe vs. Transformers battles and it pissed me the fuck off.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Our GI Joes used to war against Star Wars
I had all the gi joes my best friend had all the Star Wars toys. He would bring them all over and we would spend hours and hours setting up the battle scene just to have them all kill each other in 20 min. The warthog vs millenium falcon dogfights were amazing. My mom later sold all my gi joes transformers and he mans to a second hand store. I still get pissed off when I walk past that store.

I almost bought the Lego Death Star last year then I saw it was $500

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, while I wish my mom wouldn't have sold all my GI Joe and Star Wars playsets/vehicles, it isn't because they would have been worth anything because they all got abused all to hell when playing with them. Most of my GI Joe and Star Wars figures that my mom did keep still have sand in them from playing with them in the sandbox as a kid. The only one that ever stayed in decent shape was the Aircraft Carrier, because it was too big to move, it stayed in our basement, never went outside.
tumblr_lxe1j2enJg1qb3mmfo1_1280.jpg

My dad kept all these toys in the attic since my brother and I were kids. Parents are retired now so he cleaned them up and auctioned it all off on ebay. Took some pics to preserve the memories but I did keep the Generation 1 DinoBots which sit on shelf at work currently.

rrr_img_46206.jpg

rrr_img_46205.jpg

rrr_img_46207.jpg

rrr_img_46208.jpg

rrr_img_46209.jpg

rrr_img_46210.jpg

More pics. Damn gotta admit I was kinda sad to see this stuff go. But I guess a few collectors are probably very happy with it now and dad made some extra well-deserved bucks for retirement.

rrr_img_46212.jpg

rrr_img_46213.jpg

rrr_img_46214.jpg

rrr_img_46215.jpg

I always hated kids who mixed their toys. GI Joes fight GI Joes, not Star Wars. It was two completely different worlds and didn't make any sense. My brother used to have GI Joe vs. Transformers battles and it pissed me the fuck off.
Yeah we never mixed Gi Joe with Star Wars either. Only thing we did do was make Lincoln Log bunkers for the Gi Joes to take cover. We were almost always Cobra because let's face it, they looked way cooler. Also I seem to remember Lady Jaye and Scarlett getting raped fairly often.
tongue.png

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
my 6 year old imagination apologies to your rational and logical self.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
More pics. Damn gotta admit I was kinda sad to see this stuff go. But I guess a few collectors are probably very happy with it now and dad made some extra well-deserved bucks for retirement.
If you don't mind me asking, how much did your dad rake in after selling all of that? Because I had a similar collection and I doubt my mom made more than a hundred bucks off of all of it when she sold it at a garage sale in the mid 90s when I left for college.